Divisional Finals Series Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Elliot isn't a good goalie? Huh? The goalie with the best save percentage and second best GAA in the regular season isn't a good goalie? He has a solid defense in front of him and has shown that he can get real hot, real fast. Elliot is a good goalie (and was a great goalie this year) and he is certainly better than the combo of Niemi/Lehtonen.

Nah he aint, I don't give a fuk what you think, I've seen him play.... the defense in front of him is responsible for his numbers.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'll be rooting for Nashville and Dallas tonight. Nothing better than a game 7 in hockey and hopefully we can get two of them after tonight.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone have the numbers on viewership?
I fell asleep the other night on the Nashville/SJ game after the second OT.
The series aren't that bad overall, but something tells me the casual fan has bowed out by now. NBC showing some games in prime time is a plus, but not sure if people are tuning in.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone have the numbers on viewership?
I fell asleep the other night on the Nashville/SJ game after the second OT.
The series aren't that bad overall, but something tells me the casual fan has bowed out by now. NBC showing some games in prime time is a plus, but not sure if people are tuning in.

I keep forgetting when the games are gonna be on.... I will flip it on if I see St Louis/Dallas is on and there isn't a good American Pickers episode on.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lmao, Elliot is so good he just gave up 3 goals in the 1st period of game 6 and got pulled.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Lmao, Elliot is so good he just gave up 3 goals in the 1st period of game 6 and got pulled.

Yes...because that never happens to a good goalie against an offensive team like Dallas. I'm happy Dallas is up, on the way to a game 7 hopefully.

Atleast it appears you chose hockey over an American Pickers episode. Got one thing right tonight.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes...because that never happens to a good goalie against an offensive team like Dallas. I'm happy Dallas is up, on the way to a game 7 hopefully.

Atleast it appears you chose hockey over an American Pickers episode. Got one thing right tonight.

Not gonna lie im flipping between Dallas/St Louis.... White Sox/Rangers and American Pickers.

Elliot is garbage, sorry.... hes not a good goalie having a bad night, hes garbage and his D is having an off night.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good game so far, GO STARS!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Wilson has been an absolute stud this series. Had a pretty tough regular season and was routinely on the 4th line throughout. Hoping this game ends with a Nashville win and another game seven.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie im flipping between Dallas/St Louis.... White Sox/Rangers and American Pickers.

Elliot is garbage, sorry.... hes not a good goalie having a bad night, hes garbage and his D is having an off night.

Elliot reverting back to the postseason form he's been in for every other postseason in his career. Decent regular season numbers but his playoff career has been relatively shitty. Like an anti-Osgood.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elliot reverting back to the postseason form he's been in for every other postseason in his career. Decent regular season numbers but his playoff career has been relatively shitty. Like an anti-Osgood.

Looking forward to the game 7 and the Blews moping home after the loss.
Backass deserves NOTHING!

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't care who wins the Cup at this point, as long as it isn't Pitt.
The hockey gods hate me, so put your money on Crosby.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
What an awesome game last night between the Pens/Caps. Really felt like this was going to be the Capitals' year but they ran into a Penguins team that was clicking and firing on all cylinders at the right time. Penguins are going to be hard for anyone to stop.

Anyone surprised that the Pens continue to go with Murray instead of Fleury? Look, Murray was a top prospect heading into this year and everyone knows the potential that he has and what he can do now...but really thought the Penguins would go back to Fleury who really played well for them this year early on, but just couldn't get the team to score in front of him.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What an awesome game last night between the Pens/Caps. Really felt like this was going to be the Capitals' year but they ran into a Penguins team that was clicking and firing on all cylinders at the right time. Penguins are going to be hard for anyone to stop.

Anyone surprised that the Pens continue to go with Murray instead of Fleury? Look, Murray was a top prospect heading into this year and everyone knows the potential that he has and what he can do now...but really thought the Penguins would go back to Fleury who really played well for them this year early on, but just couldn't get the team to score in front of him.
It's similar with the 'hawks. Ho many times was Crawford pulled only for the team to wake up and play better in front of Darling? Hell, Darling was pulled when the team was shit and they played fine in front of Leighton.

Is the goalie the issue, or the team in front of them?

Still, you gotta go with what's working, and if Murray s working the pens by all rights should stick with him.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They're in a much better spot not playing Fleury, even if his stats the last couple postseasons have been better than they were for that bad multiple season stretch, he's still given up terrible puck plays at bad times. They are better off riding the guy who hasn't mentally collapsed so many times in history. Even with last year Fleury having some good stats having plays like last year in game 5 vs the rangers when the Penguins were on the line right away in the game Fleury kicked out a terrible rebound on loose shot to the rangers and right away he handed the Rangers the lead in a clinch game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I can't wait til the 2022 Cup when Ovechkin gets the Ray Bourque treatment as a member of the Hawks.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Ray Bourque or Rene Bourque treatment?

1947412.gif~c200

Is it preseason yet?

Dr.-Who.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Ya know what would be the most Blues move of all-time?

Exorcising your first-round demons by beating the Hawks and then blowing a 3-2 series lead in the very next round.

Make it happen, Sharpie.

SharpCelebrationFallDownGoBoom.gif

Also Brian Elliot is starting for the Blues tonight.