Bears believe they can replace Forte with this

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Forte is overrated he's an okay running back who can catch pretty damn good.

Pure Running guys like Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, Frank Gore can run circles around Forte not a hater but he's just not as good as people claim.

That's odd, besides Martin, I don't believe the other guys had as many total yards as he had...nor did Miller beat him in rushing yards although he missed two games

Monster O

Liked Posts:
What playoff team this past season used running back by committe?

dawags

Liked Posts:
I would have liked to have had Forte back, but he was going to be no more than a part time back next season, so replacing his diminishing duties will be rather easy. They aren't replacing the 18 carries 6 receptions Forte, the are replacing the 12 carries 3 receptions Forte. Much ado about nothing.

Good point!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's odd, besides Martin, I don't believe the other guys had as many total yards as he had...nor did Miller beat him in rushing yards although he missed two games

In Miller's defense, Miami never had a clue in how to use him. Miller will have a good year in Houston mainly because Houston will learn to not put the game in Brock's hands.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
His ypc was almost identical to Marshawn Lynch. 4.23 to 4.25

Bad example. Lynch missed a lot of games last year. That's why he retired.

You missed the point. The numbers bearmick listed are career YPC average. He was bad last season so fewer carries are good, more carries would have lowered Marshawns average even more.

Aqbased

Liked Posts:
2b8ccd3c78.jpg

brady

Liked Posts:
My goodness, Forte is not the be all and all of Bear running backs. Just because he got so many touches does not make him better than those that came before him. He was average at best as a running back. If you can't see that then you are dillusional.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
My goodness, Forte is not the be all and all of Bear running backs. Just because he got so many touches does not make him better than those that came before him. He was average at best as a running back. If you can't see that then you are dillusional.
Total fucking nonsense. Forte has been the best player on this team for years.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Forte's probably overrated by the fact he was so dynamic. he was an excellent player, he just played on some bad teams. I just don't know where this narrative "he should go to a competitive team like the Patriots!" came from. free agency doesn't work like that bros, just because you're a 30 year old RB doesn't mean you have to go to some team that's on the cusp of winning a Super Bowl. more likely you go to a team like the Jets. DING

and Omelet, for as many years as I've defended you, I take great offense to your dicklicker comment last night.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well frankly, you are stupid. I'm not even one of the Forte "nut huggers" and I would never categorize him as "average at best." You do realize, even ignoring that he is one of the best receiving RB's in the history of the game, he ranks 38th out of the thousands of guys that have been drafted as RB's in the NFL. I will thank you for only posting 13 times in 6 years on this forum, as your position as resident dumb ass is more than adequately manned already.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice dog. Stop posting stupid things.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lmao. Oh my.

Please continue to lurk...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Total fucking nonsense. Forte has been the best player on this team for years.
And just as I defended Forte above , this is the opposite bullshit. In all the years he and Urlacher were on the team he was never the best player. Same is true with Marshall. Forte has been good to very goodfor a long time, but rarely in the category to be considered great.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Forte only really "got a lot of touches" in 2008 with Orton and probably 2009 (before injury). Martz years people had to aggressively lobby for running the ball at all and he probably ran more balanced every year after that and got a lot of receptions.

I don't understand how you can overrate a RB with quantity of touches. if anything their average will go down, regardless of how great they are. someone pointed out Lynch already, that guy was awesome.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

WHen his career is over in a few years, his numbers over-all are going to be worthy of HOF consideration. He is going to a good football team in the Jets if they get their QB signed(still don't know what is going to happen with Wilkerson) and should make the play-offs. Re-uniting with Marshall should give him many touches in the passing game. Logically, this was a good thing career-wise for Matt. Instead of having a reduced role in a predictable offense, he will be key piece in an offense. Good for Matt!