Bears believe they can replace Forte with this

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
All trolling aside, Forte was a great Bear on and off the field who produced every single year.Its going to be tough to replace his production in the pass game and only time will tell if the young guys can stake their claim.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Hey, let's talk about Forte!

What, too soon?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Forte only really "got a lot of touches" in 2008 with Orton and probably 2009 (before injury). Martz years people had to aggressively lobby for running the ball at all and he probably ran more balanced every year after that and got a lot of receptions.

I don't understand how you can overrate a RB with quantity of touches. if anything their average will go down, regardless of how great they are. someone pointed out Lynch already, that guy was awesome.

Yep, Lynch's ypc on the ground is almost identical to Forte's, and both were workhorse feature backs.

A lot of people aren't big on Forte as a runner because of his style aesthetically. Some people would rather see a hard nosed power run where a back plows through bodies for 5 yards, than a back who slips a defender with a cut and bolts into the secondary for 11 yards but getting tripped or arm tackled.

Personally I'll take the second one every time because I like 11 yards better than 5 yards even if the 5 yards feel more manly to Miller Lite swilling shirtless goobers. And I'll take the complete dual threat back who was #1 in total offense among all NFL players as long as he's been in the league, over pretty much every back not named Peterson in the last decade.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
My goodness, Forte is not the be all and all of Bear running backs. Just because he got so many touches does not make him better than those that came before him. He was average at best as a running back. If you can't see that then you are dillusional.

strangelove.gif

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yep, Lynch's ypc on the ground is almost identical to Forte's, and both were workhorse feature backs.

A lot of people aren't big on Forte as a runner because of his style aesthetically. Some people would rather see a hard nosed power run where a back plows through bodies for 5 yards, than a back who slips a defender with a cut and bolts into the secondary for 11 yards but getting tripped or arm tackled.

Personally I'll take the second one every time because I like 11 yards better than 5 yards even if the 5 yards feel more manly to Miller Lite swilling shirtless goobers. And I'll take the complete dual threat back who was #1 in total offense among all NFL players as long as he's been in the league, over pretty much every back not named Peterson in the last decade.

So you would have rode Forte until he declined with a bad year?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
WHen his career is over in a few years, his numbers over-all are going to be worthy of HOF consideration. He is going to a good football team in the Jets if they get their QB signed(still don't know what is going to happen with Wilkerson) and should make the play-offs. Re-uniting with Marshall should give him many touches in the passing game. Logically, this was a good thing career-wise for Matt. Instead of having a reduced role in a predictable offense, he will be key piece in an offense. Good for Matt!

He is not going to the HOF. lol I actually know him and I wouldnt even say that. lol

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm talking about career wise. No, I was fine with letting him go. He's a 30 year old back on a team in transition, it's an understandable business decision. That's the difference between a fan and a fanboy, the latter doesn't know when it's time to let it go.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Absolutely, had not his replacements already been drafted. The guys primed to step in have a dime a dozen skillset that can be found all over the league. I personally would have like to Keep Forte and delayed picking up guys that can be found anywhere.
His skillset is very valuable, and with as little damage as he has taken he is a guy that will likely have a couple very good years left.

Given his approach at staying healthy, I fully expect him to have 2 more good seasons of 1500+ total yards left. Much like Curtis martin with the Jets- put up 1300 and then almost 1700 rushing alone in years 9-10.

In the less punishing NFL that we currently have, I think Forte lasts even longer than Martin. He is a unique player that I am betting will last longer than Gore or Peterson.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely, had not his replacements already been drafted. The guys primed to step in have a dime a dozen skillset that can be found all over the league. I personally would have like to Keep Forte and delayed picking up guys that can be found anywhere.
His skillset is very valuable, and with as little damage as he has taken he is a guy that will likely have a couple very good years left.

Given his approach at staying healthy, I fully expect him to have 2 more good seasons of 1500+ total yards left. Much like Curtis martin with the Jets- put up 1300 and then almost 1700 rushing alone in years 9-10.

In the less punishing NFL that we currently have, I think Forte lasts even longer than Martin. He is a unique player that I am betting will last longer than Gore or Peterson.

I'd agree with this. Forte, Langford and Carey would have been a very effective corp of RBs. They could have still drafted the 5th rnder from Indiana and cut Carey.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Forte is overrated he's an okay running back who can catch pretty damn good.

Pure Running guys like Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, Frank Gore can run circles around Forte not a hater but he's just not as good as people claim.

This no just dumb but also untrue.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Forte is this generation's Roger Craig

Roger Craig ran with a lot more power than MF. Forte had smooth quick sideways moves that Roger Craig did not. Forte's quick little sideways moves are over looked by a lot of people when evaluating his skill set as a RB.

As far as their versatility in running and pass catching providing huge value to their teams offense maybe so. Except Roger got rings.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i didnt mind letting forte walk when i thought it was simply to hand the reins over to the young draft pick, but this rb by committee shit is stupid. ive never cared for that approach.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Forte was a very good RB.

He wasn't pedestrian, but he was clearly never GREAT even putting up gaudy numbers. He was a helluva teammate and a true professional, and I love his contribution to the franchise. I am a Forte guy; I loved Forte.....that being said....

This team is not in win now, and therefore you aren't going to throw money at a 30 yr old RB who looks like he may have lost a half a step already in acceleration.

I am sorry, that's all....

Oh and another thing, Ommy, you have to get this shitty posting under control. When I came here 1.5 yrs ago you might have disliked and hated me (I was trolling so, that's fine) but you were smart, funny and on top of things.

Now you're a goddamn embarrassment, no lie, a fktard all the time basically.

Stop drinking all day or getting alzheimer's.....the shit is getting old.