Most Hated NFL Players Of All Time

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hines Ward?
Dude was always smiling and played his ass off.

The only thing I can think that people didnt like was the way he blocked with extreme prejudice... but he played within the rules.

I hated Hines Ward, probably moreso than any player who didn't play for a rival team and kill the Bears (Favre, Majikowski). The smiling was annoying. I wanted to punch the smile off his face. Plus, he was cocky as shit, cheated on his wife, got a DUI and reckless driving. I always knew he wasn't this great, smiling, hard-nosed guy that everyone made him out to be. Completely irrational, but I hate this dude.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hated Hines Ward, probably moreso than any player who didn't play for a rival team and kill the Bears (Favre, Majikowski). The smiling was annoying. I wanted to punch the smile off his face. Plus, he was cocky as shit, cheated on his wife, got a DUI and reckless driving. I always knew he wasn't this great, smiling, hard-nosed guy that everyone made him out to be. Completely irrational, but I hate this dude.

And was a master of the cheap blindside block that sometimes left opposing players injured.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You hate him because he smiles a lot? And as an afterthought because he was cocky, cheated, and drove recklessly drunk.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You hate him because he smiles a lot? And as an afterthought because he was cocky, cheated, and drove recklessly drunk.
The point is. I hated him because he was regarded as such a great guy because he smiled but I knew deep down he was an asshole. And I said it was irrational as is hatred in general, especially of someone you never met.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I hate Ben Roethlisberger. Also Greg Hardy. Non-football: Patrick Kane, Kobe Bryant, Hope Solo.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Hands down Conrad Dobler should be #1 on this list having made the cover of Sports Illustrated as Pro Football's Dirtiest Player. In his day he was league wide famous for being hated. Also admired as he made 3 Pro Bowls.

^^^^^ this. Dobler was a mean and dirty dude. He used to bite people when in a pile from a tackle. He spit on dudes regularly. He was as nasty as they come.

I don't believe the majority of posters on this board were alive yet when Dobler played. Jack Tatum, the Assassin, ranked up there too. His hit on Stingley should haunt him the rest of his life.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Suh is my most hated player currently in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers is up there also but for different reasons. They are two guys I actually hope get hurt in a game.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Favre is a person who I admired as a player with his longevity and toughness but literally hate as a person.

He and his cronies, Chmura and Winters, were known as the 3-amigos and the stuff they did at Favre’s Steakhouse in Milwaukee on their off day during the season was beyond belief. They hit on most every woman in the place. Favre cheated regularly on his wife who had cancer. She wrote her book admitting to knowing about it but probably loved the money he brought home making her stay. Either way, she did not deserve that. His cheating was blatant. The 3-amigos finally broke up when Chewy got busted hitting on 16 year olds in his hot tub although he was ultimately acquitted of it with his high priced lawyers.

I also HATED that Favre gave Strahan, who he is friends with, the sack record. In that last game of the season, Strahan needed 1 sack to break the season sack record. The Pack were up by 2 scores with a little over 2 minutes left and effectively running the ball. The play call was for a run left. Favre decided instead to roll out right, unbeknownst to the entire team, as if he were going to throw, right into Strahan’s arms (Favre actually just went down) for the “sack”. Favre got up and patted Strahan on the ass. His OLINE was livid with him, especially Tauscher who had helped keep Strahan in check all game. After the game, when asked about the play by reporters, Tauscher took the high road and told the reporters to talk to Favre. What he did was very low class.

Even though I was a Bears fan, I always disrespected Favre for how he held the GB mgmt. at large threatening to retire for 5 years running. The Pack drafted Rodgers and then Favre said he was done the winter prior to them drafting Brohm and Flynn in the same draft. This was after GB went down to visit him to see where he sat. He then decided he was still going to play after they drafted 2 QBs. He eventually got what he wanted going to the Jets with his ultimate move going to Minn where he could play against GB.

Lastly, the moron texted a picture of his junk to the Jets female reporter, this all after the crap he had done to his wife with cancer over and over. Another low life move by Favre.

Favre was nothing but scum as a person.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Favre is a person who I admired as a player with his longevity and toughness but literally hate as a person.

He and his cronies, Chmura and Winters, were known as the 3-amigos and the stuff they did at Favre’s Steakhouse in Milwaukee on their off day during the season was beyond belief. They hit on most every woman in the place. Favre cheated regularly on his wife who had cancer. She wrote her book admitting to knowing about it but probably loved the money he brought home making her stay. Either way, she did not deserve that. His cheating was blatant. The 3-amigos finally broke up when Chewy got busted hitting on 16 year olds in his hot tub although he was ultimately acquitted of it with his high priced lawyers.

I also HATED that Favre gave Strahan, who he is friends with, the sack record. In that last game of the season, Strahan needed 1 sack to break the season sack record. The Pack were up by 2 scores with a little over 2 minutes left and effectively running the ball. The play call was for a run left. Favre decided instead to roll out right, unbeknownst to the entire team, as if he were going to throw, right into Strahan’s arms (Favre actually just went down) for the “sack”. Favre got up and patted Strahan on the ass. His OLINE was livid with him, especially Tauscher who had help Strahan in check all game. After the game, when asked about the play by reporters, Tauscher took the high road and told the reporters to talk to Favre. What he did was very low class.

Even though I was a Bears fan, I always disrespected Favre for how he held the GB mgmt. at large threatening to retire for 5 years running. The Pack drafted Rodgers and then Favre said he was done the winter prior to them drafting Brohm and Flynn in the same draft. This was after GB went down to visit him to see where he sat. He then decided he was still going to play after they drafted 2 QBs. He eventually got what he wanted going to the Jets with his ultimate move going to Minn where he could play against GB.

Lastly, the moron texted a picture of his junk to the Jets female reporter, this all after the crap he had done to his wife with cancer over and over. Another low life move by Favre.

Favre was nothing but scum as a person.

And he was a jerk to Mary's Special person brother as well

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:

I remember ward explaining the smiling. It usually happened after he got laid out by a defender. He didn't want the defender who hit him to have the satisfaction of seeing him hurt. That's why he said he would always have a smile on his face to make it seem like getting hit hard was nothing. I respect that quite a bit. The other stuff though with the dui, cheating, etc though is totally valid.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Warren Sapp is one of my favorite players but i was sure i was gonna see him on that list.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And he was a jerk to Mary's Special person brother as well

GlqysI.gif

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I'm with ya!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, that's how every fucking poll is now. Especially every damn poll ESPN does.

ESPN even limits their pols sometimes to the era in which they have existed. "Best of the last 35 years". They suck.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Suh is my most hated player currently in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers is up there also but for different reasons. They are two guys I actually hope get hurt in a game.
You do know Suh isn't on the Lions anymore and has become completely irrelevant in his Dolphins tenure, right?

JPPT1974

May Day and Spring Fever!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Cincinnati Reds
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Oklahoma City Thunder
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. Washington Capitals
  1. Howard Bison
Shocked that Eli Manning is on the list. But the others not so shocking!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You do know Suh isn't on the Lions anymore and has become completely irrelevant in his Dolphins tenure, right?

Yeah. HE got his big contract and took the money and ran.