On this day in 1903...

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
The First super star of professional football was born.... THE GALLOPING GHOST

[video=youtube_share;HA8B-shjshs]https://youtu.be/HA8B-shjshs[/video]

th

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=RED+GRANGE+GOERGE+HALAS+&&view=detail&mid=5D700FBFF86427ABDA585D700FBFF86427ABDA58&FORM=VRDGAR[/video]

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
He was the star everyone was trying to sign him. His agent started that league YOU FUCKING IDIOT he owned the Yankees you fucking ASS HAT not Grange . The sport was trying to grow it is all about ticket sales and Grange did that he was the star the face of professional football in the 1920's if all that didn't happen the league probably would have took off. Before you try and blame Grange for starting a new league do a little more research that team lasted three years and Grange was playing for Papabear again

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The barnstorming tour where Grange played with the Bears brought National attention......he also made a shit ton of money doing it.

He got into a financial dispute with Halas. He then started his own league; the AFL. The AFL folded after a year.......He played (owned) for the New York (football) Yankees of that league.....his team was assimilated into the NFL and he suffered a serious knee injury while playing against the Bears.

He went on to play for the Bears again.

He was extremely important to the NFL at a time when college football was everything and the NFL was tenuous in its existence.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
No, the problem was that no one tried to sign Grange. He demanded a five-figure contract and 1/3 ownership of the Bears, and was turned down. No other NFL team tried to match Grange's terms.

The league was Red Grange. It was referred to as The Grange League. Red Grange's agent wouldn't have started the league without having Red Grange in it. I would guess even the biggest financial dimwit in the world could understand the situation....you have proven otherwise.

The Grange League nearly killed pro football due to overspending and product dilution. The AFL and NFL had 35 teams in 1926...only 12 survived to play in 1927.

I believe you are one of the worst posters on this board. You routinely have no idea what you are talking about, yet you are the always the first person to chime in with misguided criticism and incorrect information.

he didn't start the league they just named it after him that created a buzz for professional sports in the twenties he didn't kill it stupid fuck he put it on the map ass hat. it wasn't him it was the money hungry agents and piss poor management that lead to those teams demise, not grange. if you knew that but i wouldn't expect you to since you think that grange was the problem

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
he didn't start the league they just named it after him that created a buzz for professional sports in the twenties he didn't kill it stupid fuck he put it on the map ass hat. it wasn't him it was the money hungry agents and piss poor management that lead to those teams demise, not grange. if you knew that but i wouldn't expect you to since you think that grange was the problem

CC Pyle was the driving force behind starting the league. He basically owned Red Grange so Grange was part of it too.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You're quickly entering the Mt. RUSHmore of bad CCS posters.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
CC Pyle was the driving force behind starting the league. He basically owned Red Grange so Grange was part of it too.
correct,but he didn't start it, however Pyle wasn't business man like Halas or the Yankees would be here today. and if you listen to the last link Halas praised Grange for being a good man, i am going to go out on a limb and say that if Halas thought Grange was bad for the bears or the league he wouldn't have been a bear..... it take common sense to understand that most on here are lacking in that area

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I believe you are one of the worst posters on this board. You routinely have no idea what you are talking about, yet you are the always the first person to chime in with misguided criticism and incorrect information.

He sure is giving derpo and didshe a run for their money...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
he didn't start the league they just named it after him that created a buzz for professional sports in the twenties he didn't kill it stupid fuck he put it on the map ass hat.

One of the key indicators that a person has lost an argument and/or is overmatched is the second he feels the need to call someone a stupid fuck or an ass hat.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Halas wanted to allow Pyle and Grange to have their own NFL franchise in New York. It would be great...the other NFL owners would benefit from Red Grange drawing fans and CC Pyle would be on the hook for Grange's salary. Grange was great for the NFL...that was the problem. He was too big for the NFL. I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to when you say "it take common sense to understand"...what are we failing to understand?
you just made my point he didn't kill the league he saved it douche. Pyle started the league with grange's help, but grange was the poster boy he wasn't the owner the end. Pyle had to have Grange to start it, but by no means was he killing the league it was the beginning. that's the common sense you lack

Washington

Liked Posts:
Rory, it appears to me you are matching wits with an unarmed man. I think you've schooled him.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I believe you are one of the worst posters on this board. You routinely have no idea what you are talking about, yet you are the always the first person to chime in with misguided criticism and incorrect information. [/I][/SIZE]

One of the key indicators that a person has lost an argument and/or is overmatched is the second he feels the need to call someone a stupid fuck or an ass hat.

and by that statement you are a oxymoron

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but I am not following what you are trying to say. Grange was a bigger draw than the NFL. He helped put "PRO FOOTBALL" on the map, not just the NFL. I agree that Grange was a key figure in the early NFL days. I don't know if you can say he "saved" the NFL, because the NFL wasn't really "dying"...it just wasn't a major sports league. Grange ushered in an era of larger player contracts and franchise expansion when the NFL clearly wasn't ready to take that step...which killed one league (AFL) and greatly reduced the other league (NFL).

Basically, my point is that Grange had a much more complex impact on the NFL than simply "He saved the league!". I have facts on my side to justify my reasoning. I don't know what factual information you have on your side, but I also cannot comprehend what you are even trying to say here. It might be better if you simply stopped posting.

Grange increased game's attendance by tenfold in some cases. It was more of an individual game thing. It did help the NFL, but I don't think it would have folded without him......it may have taken longer to establish.

What really propelled the NFL was TV.