Five starters on NL All Star team for Cubs

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Omar Infante was like 4th in voting at his position this year. He was DFA'd. lol And thats just the Kansas City fanbase.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
And I get that. However, there is an easy solution to the issue. VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN outside of Cincy
Stuffing the ballot box is not representative of the intention

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Stuffing the ballot box is not representative of the intention

I'm not so sure of that. The intention is for fans to watch whom they wish to see start. Your issue isn't with the stuffing, it's the apathy of folks like you who have not voted the allowed 35 times a day.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I'm not so sure of that. The intention is for fans to watch whom they wish to see start. Your issue isn't with the stuffing, it's the apathy of folks like you who have not voted the allowed 35 times a day.
30,000 idiots from one city stuffing the ballot box is not representative of the will of the fans, nor what the larger MLB fanbase wants to see.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
30,000 idiots from one city stuffing the ballot box is not representative of the will of the fans, nor what the larger MLB fanbase wants to see.

Again, the larger fan base dwarf that total. They can vote for the deserving candidate. They choose not to.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Since the game actually matters, I've always argued that the way it should go is fans vote for one player on each team (since that stupid rule attracts viewers) then managers choose the rest of the roster and the lineup they want to use (they'd probably bring guys like Trout in later in the game than start him for example).

The rosters are simply too large to have a good game. I get tired of seeing 40 guys have one AB.

czman

Liked Posts:
They may get 5-7 players on the team, but not all of them deserve to go........Russell.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Since the game actually matters, I've always argued that the way it should go is fans vote for one player on each team (since that stupid rule attracts viewers) then managers choose the rest of the roster and the lineup they want to use (they'd probably bring guys like Trout in later in the game than start him for example).

The rosters are simply too large to have a good game. I get tired of seeing 40 guys have one AB.

Yes this is going to be an incredibly important game for the Cubs, er, the NL to win. It means HFA in the World Series and I have tickets to games 1 and 2, and 6 and 7. Damn I want to be at a game 6 or 7 at Wrigley. :)

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
They may get 5-7 players on the team, but not all of them deserve to go........Russell.

Russell may not be the best SS in baseball but he's close. The guy can hit and more importantly he can field his position probably as good or better than anyone in the game. SS defense matters more than offense. The other 4 no one can argue about. Rizzo, Zobrist, Bryant, and Fowler all have played like all stars the entire season.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Russell may not be the best SS in baseball but he's close. The guy can hit and more importantly he can field his position probably as good or better than anyone in the game. SS defense matters more than offense. The other 4 no one can argue about. Rizzo, Zobrist, Bryant, and Fowler all have played like all stars the entire season.
Russell is above average with the glove, but not in the upper echelon or elite at this stage. His bat is below average right now.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Russell may not be the best SS in baseball but he's close. .
It's your constant hyperbole and homerism that makes us think you are a fucking idiot. Russell is not close to the best SS in the majors. Has hitting issues and makes lots of errors. That is all.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russell is above average with the glove, but not in the upper echelon or elite at this stage. His bat is below average right now.

Well, look at it this way, Russell doesnt deserve to be there and he probably will get voted out. But, Hammell and Rondon arent going to make it either and they probably both deserve it.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:

Addison Russell: For fielding percentage, he ranks 14th best in the National League at this point. (not saying fielding percentage is everything, but it's something.) For hitting, I'm too lazy to look up every stat, but Russell has the 10th best OPS among starting shortstops in the NL. So an argument can be made that he's a below average SS at this point in his career.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well, look at it this way, Russell doesnt deserve to be there and he probably will get voted out. But, Hammell and Rondon arent going to make it either and they probably both deserve it.

Many, Many Cub pitchers have player like All Stars so far. I hate it that you guys are so good. :)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Addison Russell: For fielding percentage, he ranks 14th best in the National League at this point. (not saying fielding percentage is everything, but it's something.) For hitting, I'm too lazy to look up every stat, but Russell has the 10th best OPS among starting shortstops in the NL. So an argument can be made that he's a below average SS at this point in his career.

He is also 22

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's your constant hyperbole and homerism that makes us think you are a fucking idiot. Russell is not close to the best SS in the majors. Has hitting issues and makes lots of errors. That is all.

I thought you had this guy blocked. You're as big a windsock as he is.

I'm assuming he said Russell was deserving of an All-Star slot....you are correct, he does not....yet.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs make history with all 4 NL starters in the IF. Dexter Fowler makes the OF. Lester and Arrieta make the team.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Want to here something hysterical. Mets announcers were talking about it and they said Bumgarner is pitching on that Sunday. Kershaw is out. Arrieta isnt going to start because he has struggled recently. LOL He has the third best ERA in the majors behind Bum and Kershaw. LOL These dudes are so stupid.