bears add another qb

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Bears Insider ‏@bears_insider · 5m5 minutes ago

#Bears take advantage of Saints' apparent clerical error, add QB Connor Shaw: http://shawurl.com/2owk

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, the Saints sent an email to every NFL team that they were claiming Shaw off of waivers. That email was meant for the league's personnel office.

So instead of Shaw going to New Orleans, the Bears jumped ahead, send the email to the correct address, and claimed Shaw.

Shaw was cut Thursday by the Browns. He spent two seasons in Cleveland, playing just one game in 2014. The 6-foot-1 QB was South Carolina's all-time winningest quarterback.

Pace is a genius super bowl baby :bearbang:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaw played with Jeffery in college.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Bears Insider ‏@bears_insider · 5m5 minutes ago

#Bears take advantage of Saints' apparent clerical error, add QB Connor Shaw: http://shawurl.com/2owk

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, the Saints sent an email to every NFL team that they were claiming Shaw off of waivers. That email was meant for the league's personnel office.

So instead of Shaw going to New Orleans, the Bears jumped ahead, send the email to the correct address, and claimed Shaw.

Shaw was cut Thursday by the Browns. He spent two seasons in Cleveland, playing just one game in 2014. The 6-foot-1 QB was South Carolina's all-time winningest quarterback.

Pace is a genius super bowl baby :bearbang:

I'm missing something here. Jumped ahead? The Bears had a worse record than the Saints last year. If the Bears and the Saints both claimed Shaw, he'd be awarded to the Bears by virtue of their worse 2015 record. Where does all this 'wrong email' crap and "allowing" the Bears to "jump ahead" come in to play?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'm missing something here. Jumped ahead? The Bears had a worse record than the Saints last year. If the Bears and the Saints both claimed Shaw, he'd be awarded to the Bears by virtue of their worse 2015 record. Where does all this 'wrong email' crap and "allowing" the Bears to "jump ahead" come in to play?

that's basically what i was thinking.

What, are there "secret cuts/waivers" I'm not aware of? ...like the Bears didn't know Shaw was on "the waiver-wire" and the Saint's email revealed the secret?

And like you said, isn't it the Bears are before he Saints on the waiver-wire, so Bears have primary dibs over Saints, period?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think he can give Brian Hoyer a run for his money in the preseason. He has work with Loggains in Cleveland so FWIW

Fales first. If he passes up Fales then he can think about Hoyer. I don't see that happening.