Rondo meets with Bulls

talkingdinosaurs

Liked Posts:
What do you think about the possibility of bringing in Rondo? Doesn't exactly mesh with whole "get younger/more athletic theme", has a reputation as a guy who can grate on coaches and teammates alike, and can't shoot worth a damn, but dude can definitely get people the ball...think he might fit with Jimmy better than Rose was? Fair to wonder...and he's better than Calderon, no question. Not really sure I want him, but he's an upgrade from what you've got.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The way butler was allowed to pwned hoiberg rondo will prison fuck him

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Gar = The Hawk?

hes tired to throw us off with his constant hate :thinking:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Rondo? A worse shooter than Rose? God no!!!! He can't even make FTs!!!!!

talkingdinosaurs

Liked Posts:

Rondo shot 58% on FTs compared to Rose's 79% last year...haha. God awful. Career-wise: Rondo's ~61% on FTs as opposed to Rose's 81.3%. Then again, Rondo's slightly better than Rose at 3s (30% to 29%), so there's that. I can't find stats on midrange, but just from watching, I think Rose is wayyy better at shorter jumpers than Rondo. Not trying to be a jerk, I was curious because you have a point: Rose really isn't a great shooter either. When he lost his ability/willingness to drive fearlessly, he lost a good part of his scoring ability. He got better with his little bank shot and did show some signs of life as the season went on, but unless he really gets his jumper going, Rose is going to be forever limited. Rondo has always been an iffy shooter, but he IS a better passer by far (though dude probably passes too much sometimes).

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gar = The Hawk?

hes tired to throw us off with his constant hate :thinking:

What the fuck are you talking about? I've never had a cross word with you. What the fuck are you talking about "hate"?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The only thing that I can say is that Rondo with Butler would be infinitely better that Rose with Butler in terms of offensive production.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
He'd definitely make life easy for Butler. And everyone else. Rondo could easily average 15 assists with Butler and the shooters

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He'd definitely make life easy for Butler. And everyone else. Rondo could easily average 15 assists with Butler and the shooters

Rondo would not average anywhere close to 15 assists a game here.

His career high is 11.7, and that was even with Boston's big 3

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
:office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office: :office:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a mentor to Valentine...ok, I get that. Valentine might be able to learn things from Rondo Hoiberg can't teach him.

At first I wanted to vomit. He is another player like Noah who has no business in the modern NBA...if you are serious about a championship. You can't win with that piece on the floor, you can win...but you can't beat the best teams that don't have one dimensional players that force.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rondo's problem, is that he is a punk. He won his ring when he was surrounded by vets that let him do his thing, and he never really grew up and learned to adjust after that. A text-book stat padder and people that get their fix on box scores think he's worth a damn, but really, he's nothing but a first round exit that divides good teams.

Just develop Grant. He closed off last season with a ton of promise and should keep improving. Rondo hinders that development, he doesn't help. Rondo doesn't teach his teammates how to be better, he is in it for himself.

Anyways, the Bulls should be grabbing some potential depth in the frontcourt, because Lopez isn't an 82 game player, and Taj is forever on the trade block. The right PG isn't available to them right now, so it's useless to make these lateral moves. Save that cap money for 2017.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rondo would not average anywhere close to 15 assists a game here.

His career high is 11.7, and that was even with Boston's big 3

Maybe, all he has to do is pass to Niko everytime and have him shoot like 70% from three. I mean you pass Niko the ball. Niko gonna shoot the ball.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Make Rondo shoot the ball and cover everybody else. If rondo beats you and drives, foul him. That's it. Rondo can't make FTs and takes too many chances defense when he tries stealing the ball. The only good thing he does is pushes up the ball for easy fast breaks and transitions. He is a big liability on half court off offense.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Our starting lineup next year
pg rondo
sg wade
sf butler
pf portis
c lopez

We would have the worst spacing in the league by far. Quite possibly the worst spacing in league history. Either way, if we signed Wade for 20+ million a year, we won't have enough money for Rondo anyway. Thankfully.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I get that Rondo can put up the assists that make this a good move. He just doesn't seem to fit the Bulls mold of player they bring in so I question if they're really interested.

Rondo's problem, is that he is a punk. He won his ring when he was surrounded by vets that let him do his thing, and he never really grew up and learned to adjust after that. A text-book stat padder and people that get their fix on box scores think he's worth a damn, but really, he's nothing but a first round exit that divides good teams.

Just develop Grant. He closed off last season with a ton of promise and should keep improving. Rondo hinders that development, he doesn't help. Rondo doesn't teach his teammates how to be better, he is in it for himself.

Anyways, the Bulls should be grabbing some potential depth in the frontcourt, because Lopez isn't an 82 game player, and Taj is forever on the trade block. The right PG isn't available to them right now, so it's useless to make these lateral moves. Save that cap money for 2017.

I agree on developing Grant, hell start him with a short leash with Calderon behind him and see how it goes.

I would have to see evidence that Rondo had greatly matured before I would sign him for more than a year. And it's not that I don't believe that he could finally mature. There was a free agent show on NBA TV and they talked to Jamal Crawford. It might have taken some years, 16 in the league, but he sounded like the kind of player, secure in his role of coming off the bench and understanding what he brings to a team that even the Bulls would want. Such a far cry from when the Bulls drafted him after only a handful of college games and he was full of potential and had no idea about being an NBA player.