Bulls sign Rajon Rondo for 2 years, $28 million

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Rose's eye was messed up pretty much the entire first half of last year. Post All-star break, this was Rose's stat line -

17 points, 4.6 assists, 3 rebounds on 46% shooting and 37% from 3 in 30 mins.

That is a pretty efficient. If you expand those numbers over 36 mins, he looks a lot like the old D Rose.

I would have much rather kept Rose and seen if we could get that kind of production over an entire season. If not, let him go and use the cap space to start over.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose's eye was messed up pretty much the entire first half of last year. Post All-star break, this was Rose's stat line -

17 points, 4.6 assists, 3 rebounds on 46% shooting and 37% from 3 in 30 mins.

That is a pretty efficient. If you expand those numbers over 36 mins, he looks a lot like the old D Rose.

I would have much rather kept Rose and seen if we could get that kind of production over an entire season. If not, let him go and use the cap space to start over.

Not me. It is addition by subtraction. Rose is not even close to be a team player and certainly is not a point guard. They had to get rid of him and also Gasol who I got sick of also. Not that they will know how to get better but the acts of those two were part of the problem the last couple of seasons. Totally selfish players.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Not me. It is addition by subtraction. Rose is not even close to be a team player and certainly is not a point guard. They had to get rid of him and also Gasol who I got sick of also. Not that they will know how to get better but the acts of those two were part of the problem the last couple of seasons. Totally selfish players.

We really going to go back to Rose isn't a PG argument? Honestly, positions don't even matter anymore. Who cares who brings the ball down the court?

In what way was he selfish last season? Last time I checked, he did what everyone asked him to do and he played hurt for the entire first part of the season. Are you talking about the lack of assists? It's never been a huge part of his game and assists aren't the end all and be all of showcasing whether you are a great passer or not. He is a scorer who was very efficient in the back end of the season when his eye had healed.

You want to talk about selfish players? Rajon Rondo has had conflicts with George Karl, Doc Rivers and Ric Carlisle, 3 of the best coaches the NBA has seen. Had tantrums and caused locker room issues at 3 different teams.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We really going to go back to Rose isn't a PG argument? Honestly, positions don't even matter anymore. Who cares who brings the ball down the court?

In what way was he selfish last season? Last time I checked, he did what everyone asked him to do and he played hurt for the entire first part of the season. Are you talking about the lack of assists? It's never been a huge part of his game and assists aren't the end all and be all of showcasing whether you are a great passer or not. He is a scorer who was very efficient in the back end of the season when his eye had healed.

You want to talk about selfish players? Rajon Rondo has had conflicts with George Karl, Doc Rivers and Ric Carlisle, 3 of the best coaches the NBA has seen. Had tantrums and caused locker room issues at 3 different teams.

His post are comical. Im pretty sure he has no idea who Rondo is and just saw a stat line that is a bunch of empty assists.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is a great move. Nothing helps tear down an organization for a tanking rebuild like Rondo. Butler is gone also so just get them lotto picks. Not going to compete with gsw or Cleveland anytime soon. Might as well tank away.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The thing was, even if Rose came back and showed a more consistent of his post all-star break production, the Bulls made up their mind that they weren't going to invest high dollars in someone that couldn't be relied on for 3+ seasons. With the way the cap is spiking, and the contracts given out, the Bulls didn't have enough faith to get into a bidding war when Rose hit free agency. Especially if he had a good season. On top of that, he did not fit with Jimmy Butler, who is the younger better player. It would have been a huge waste to have him on the roster as it postpones really making this Jimmy's team. Every sign points to Rose needing to be traded.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The thing was, even if Rose came back and showed a more consistent of his post all-star break production, the Bulls made up their mind that they weren't going to invest high dollars in someone that couldn't be relied on for 3+ seasons. With the way the cap is spiking, and the contracts given out, the Bulls didn't have enough faith to get into a bidding war when Rose hit free agency. Especially if he had a good season. On top of that, he did not fit with Jimmy Butler, who is the younger better player. It would have been a huge waste to have him on the roster as it postpones really making this Jimmy's team. Every sign points to Rose needing to be traded.

Better argument that Hawk's. Can understand where you are coming from saying Rose didn't particularly fit well with Jimmy. I was a fan of moving on from the old guard passing this team to Jimmy and seeing the type of deals that have gone down this off-season, what we got for Rose isn't as bad as I first thought.

I still don't like nor do I understand the Rondo signing. I do not think he is an upgrade over Derrick. He is an aging, overvalued locker room cancer. Why bring him onto a team that's supposed to be "retooling"? Why clog up the minutes for Jerian Grant who they seem to really like?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with this, but I don't think Rondo instead of Rose last year makes the team any better except for when Rose was playing with a broken face and one eye.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Also, just to add... this is a .500 team? Hahahah praying on a whole lot of addition by subtraction huh... they were barely .500 last year at 42-40 and that was still 4th in the central.

They lost:
Rose
Gasol
Noah
Moore
Probably more

Replaced it with
Rondo
Lopez
Calderon
Grant
Who knows what other crap at the bottom.

You can say what you want about who they lost, and I love Moore, but the replacements are a clusterfuck of what the hell is going on. They will be lucky to not hit last place. They need to tank, this team can not win anything worthwhile this year and as has been mentioned mediocrity is the worst thing to have in sports.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, just to add... this is a .500 team? Hahahah praying on a whole lot of addition by subtraction huh... they were barely .500 last year at 42-40 and that was still 4th in the central.

They lost:
Rose
Gasol
Noah
Moore
Probably more

Replaced it with
Rondo
Lopez
Calderon
Grant
Who knows what other crap at the bottom.

You can say what you want about who they lost, and I love Moore, but the replacements are a clusterfuck of what the hell is going on. They will be lucky to not hit last place. They need to tank, this team can not win anything worthwhile this year and as has been mentioned mediocrity is the worst thing to have in sports.
Fret not, Rondo will ensure this team finds its way to the bottom.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fret not, Rondo will ensure this team finds its way to the bottom.

I can't wait, this is the most excited I've been about this team in years, tank tank tank tank tank. Ladies and Gentleman, the Chicago 76ers. And... if all goes well the tank job will be so effective it will destroy Gar-Pax with it. One can dream.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't wait, this is the most excited I've been about this team in years, tank tank tank tank tank. Ladies and Gentleman, the Chicago 76ers. And... if all goes well the tank job will be so effective it will destroy Gar-Pax with it. One can dream.
If only

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I am not saying that Rondo doesn't have warts. He certainly does. But Rose wore out his welcome with his idiot comments about his son and his next big contract etc. I expect that Rondo will make the Bulls at least interesting to watch offensively and that Butler and the shooters on this team will see their percentages increase.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better argument that Hawk's. Can understand where you are coming from saying Rose didn't particularly fit well with Jimmy. I was a fan of moving on from the old guard passing this team to Jimmy and seeing the type of deals that have gone down this off-season, what we got for Rose isn't as bad as I first thought.

I still don't like nor do I understand the Rondo signing. I do not think he is an upgrade over Derrick. He is an aging, overvalued locker room cancer. Why bring him onto a team that's supposed to be "retooling"? Why clog up the minutes for Jerian Grant who they seem to really like?

Face it. THe ball didn't move last year All we saw was Rose and then Butler take turns dominating the ball. The only true playmaker on the team was Noah when he was in there. Also, I am only talking about play on the court and not bullshit in the locker room. How Freddie is going to try and handle things is going to be an interesting drama. On the court, the ball is going to move which is what Freddie wants his team to do. Rondo's true gift is his ability to get the ball to people who can have open shots.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His post are comical. Im pretty sure he has no idea who Rondo is and just saw a stat line that is a bunch of empty assists.

Why don't you just put me on ignore, bubba? You talking about my comical posts is really the pot calling the kettle black. Sucks being you.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's worse, being silence or being hawk? :thinking:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Face it. THe ball didn't move last year All we saw was Rose and then Butler take turns dominating the ball. The only true playmaker on the team was Noah when he was in there. Also, I am only talking about play on the court and not bullshit in the locker room. How Freddie is going to try and handle things is going to be an interesting drama. On the court, the ball is going to move which is what Freddie wants his team to do. Rondo's true gift is his ability to get the ball to people who can have open shots.

This is pretty much true until you got to "Freddie" and Rondo. Every game was a team game for the Bulls for a quarter or two then as soon as they ran into trouble, it quickly disintegrated into clear out/one on one shit. This won't change with Rondo which makes his signing somewhat clever as it tries to hide the fact that this team is tanking next year. They might finally be afraid that the Golden Goose called Bulls fans just might start deserting them at the gate.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Rondo is the perfect player for this team to sign. You can give a big contract to a guy who looks good on paper but in the end will do nothing to actually win.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
This is a great move. Nothing helps tear down an organization for a tanking rebuild like Rondo. Butler is gone also so just get them lotto picks. Not going to compete with gsw or Cleveland anytime soon. Might as well tank away.

Fair point, guess we should have also signed Dwight Howard as well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clipped and saved. I do not share your expectations.

Do you not think that Rondo is a good point guard? Can he not set people up well? Come-on. You can say all you want to about him and his attitude but the guy can and does set other people up extremely well I think.