[video=youtube;BQoqG7ROs3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQoqG7ROs3U[/video]

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CmxpC2UWIAASSfD.jpg

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
This is far from guaranteed. I think it'll be a close wash...but with better chemistry/energy all across the board. Rondo's offensive ineptitude will definitely frustrate the hell out of a lot of fans, as will his defense...but the guy is one of the brightest in the game, and if he runs the offense like he can, it will probably slightly outweigh all of his deficiencies.

Too bad Thibs isn't the coach of this team I think he'd get Rondo to play inspired like in Boston.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i think Rondo will play inspired

it seems most fans hate the signing...i think that'll give him a chip to prove ppl wrong.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Everyone wants to rush to judge. I will wait till the season is underway to see how this works out. Everyone complaining about three point shooting. Rose was not much better % wise. He shot under 30% the last two years while Rondo increase his over the past two years. For Rondo, .365 is a vast improvement. Rondo does not need to score, just deliver the ball to our playmakers and to me that is what Rose was always sloppy at with his constant and frustrating jump passes. If you take away November and December, Niko shot well over 40% from three and with Wade and Butler on the attack, he will be wide open a lot. Then if Doug can take the next step with this being his second year of getting game time and become consistent it gives us two very good outside shooters. I've practically given up on Snell and the rest is up in the air. I know this is not a championship team but we are at least better then last year where we won 42 games and I predict we are going to be around a 46-47 win team.

Jimmu and Rondo wanted Wade and they got him. Lets see how it works out.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i wonder if Taj ranks on Wade about the dunk

[video=youtube;_ZUqre4yBeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZUqre4yBeg[/video]

that was such a great time to be a Bulls fan...everything went to shit after this game

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
One positive thing out of all of this, at least the chemistry and attitude issues that were present last season will be gone. Everyone is getting a fresh start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One positive thing out of all of this, at least the chemistry and attitude issues that were present last season will be gone. Everyone is getting a fresh start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rondo will make his own attitude problem to deal with

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing says "fresh start" like bringing in two established malcontents to join the malcontent who is already on the team while keep Fred Hoiberg as the coach. I'd rather have Latrell Sprewell and Ron Artest joining Dennis Rodman for a Bulls team coached by Vinny Del Negro.

They are feeding Hoiberg to the wolves. He even said he felt better teaching younger players his scheme.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
They are feeding Hoiberg to the wolves. He even said he felt better teaching younger players his scheme.

Hoiberg wanted Rondo

Wade seems more like a Paxson move, but hes never been a malcontent as far as i know.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd be fine with Wade if we didn't have Rondo. Having Rondo never made any sense at all.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Too much overreacting going on right now. Wade is obviously an upgrade over Rose. Lopez is an upgrade over Noah and Rondo, with his head screwed on straight, is one of the best PG's in the league. I don't quite understand how fans don't see that we are already better than last year with this talent.

Who knows how it will all work out but at least we can actually WATCH games now. Initially after the Rose trade, I had no inclination to even watch a single game next season. Now I will definitely be tuning in.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too much overreacting going on right now. Wade is obviously an upgrade over Rose. Lopez is an upgrade over Noah and Rondo, with his head screwed on straight, is one of the best PG's in the league. I don't quite understand how fans don't see that we are already better than last year with this talent.

Who knows how it will all work out but at least we can actually WATCH games now. Initially after the Rose trade, I had no inclination to even watch a single game next season. Now I will definitely be tuning in.
On paper, yes we're more talented. Wade is an upgrade over basically everyone we lost, but we're only going to get like maybe 65 games out of him. I'm shocked he played so many games last year given his known knee issues. At least we won't have people whining about it...I hope. But the Rondo signing never made sense to me and makes even less sense when paired with Wade. I don't care if Rondo shot 36% from 3 last year on 170 attempts, he's not a shooter. Wade is not a shooter. I don't understand how anyone can pretend like they fit whatever the heck Hoiberg is trying to do. I could be wrong, I hope I am. Maybe Rondo learned how to shoot and I'm just not seeing it.

I will probably watch a few games to see Wade though...better late than never to see him in a Bulls uni I guess.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

At Rondo's peak he was maybe the most overrated PG in recent memory.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At Rondo's peak he was maybe the most overrated PG in recent memory.
With these moves, where do you see the Bulls being next season?

Assume Wade stays relatively healthy.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With these moves, where do you see the Bulls being next season?

Assume Wade stays relatively healthy.

I really have no idea. Rondo may only be here for one season. The front court is a complete mess. You have Butler and then you have to pray to God that Mirotic/Portis/McDermott turn into some forum of Gasol/Dirk(Mirotic), Bosh(Portis), and Korver/Dunleavy(McDermott) even poor man's versions.

Point guard is a complete mystery unless Rondo is just keeping the seat warm for Grant as he gets more adjusted to the NBA this year.

My gut instinct is that I feel like we could be looking at (ironically) some seasons like the Heat had from 06-07 to 2009-10 with Butler playing the role of Wade. If that makes any sense.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I really have no idea. Rondo may only be here for one season. The front court is a complete mess. You have Butler and then you have to pray to God that Mirotic/Portis/McDermott turn into some forum of Gasol/Dirk(Mirotic), Bosh(Portis), and Korver/Dunleavy(McDermott) even poor man's versions.

Point guard is a complete mystery unless Rondo is just keeping the seat warm for Grant as he gets more adjusted to the NBA this year.

My gut instinct is that I feel like we could be looking at (ironically) some seasons like the Heat had from 06-07 to 2009-10 with Butler playing the role of Wade. If that makes any sense.

He is keeping it warm for westbrook. :)

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
On paper, yes we're more talented. Wade is an upgrade over basically everyone we lost, but we're only going to get like maybe 65 games out of him. I'm shocked he played so many games last year given his known knee issues. At least we won't have people whining about it...I hope. But the Rondo signing never made sense to me and makes even less sense when paired with Wade. I don't care if Rondo shot 36% from 3 last year on 170 attempts, he's not a shooter. Wade is not a shooter. I don't understand how anyone can pretend like they fit whatever the heck Hoiberg is trying to do. I could be wrong, I hope I am. Maybe Rondo learned how to shoot and I'm just not seeing it.

I will probably watch a few games to see Wade though...better late than never to see him in a Bulls uni I guess.

I wasn't much of fan of the Rondo signing but I don't think these signings are all that terrible either. Short, prove it contracts that still keep the team relevant whil maintaining the cap space for the big FA's in the next two offseasons. Plain and simple, I'd rather be watching this team than what was going to be trotted out there two weeks ago. Whether it works or not, anybody's guess, but even train wrecks are interesting to watch: :smug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wasn't much of fan of the Rondo signing but I don't think these signings are all that terrible either. Short, prove it contracts that still keep the team relevant whil maintaining the cap space for the big FA's in the next two offseasons. Plain and simple, I'd rather be watching this team than what was going to be trotted out there two weeks ago. Whether it works or not, anybody's guess, but even train wrecks are interesting to watch: :smug:
Fair point. But imo it's quicker to just suck for a year and try to gamble on a draft pick rather than attempt to gather FAs when we have a track record of falling on our face. Maybe Wade changes that idk. Really I think it's just the Rondo signing that annoys me. In a vaccuum the Wade signing is fine to me.