Fastball!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not buying it. In the late 60s the Mets were trying to trade his ass and could barely get any offers for him. Again, here was rarely even the best pitcher on his own team. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLO

Randy Johnson says hello

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
Not buying it. In the late 60s the Mets were trying to trade his ass and could barely get any offers for him. Again, here was rarely even the best pitcher on his own team. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLO

I was always mixed on Nolan Ryan. It's understandable to think he's overrated, but because of the fastball, the no-hitters, the times he was unhittable, makes some fans think he's right there with Bob Feller, Christy Mathewson, Walter Johnson, et al.

I thought I'd look at his stats: Never won a Cy Young award. 8-time all-star. A winning percentage of only .526. Only a two-time 20 game winner. For his era, that's not very impressive (I know, wins aren't everything, but it's something, considering the top pitchers of his era won 20 games routinely.) Career ERA was 3.19, led the league in WHIP twice, with a career mark of 1.247. Also led the league in walks 11 times and wild pitches 6 times. Of course he led the league in K's 11 times and is the all-time leader. Maybe his most impressive stat is being the all-time leader in hits per 9 innings pitched (6.555)

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I watched this video last week no surprise that Nolan Ryan threw the fastest pitch, 108 mph

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My boss gave me the details on it. (108 mph for the fastest guy, yes?)

Bernstein was apparently talking about it with Chapman. Not the movie, but that the fastest pitchers are alive today and that no one in the past threw this fast. It was Bernstein at his utmost ignorance from what I was told. :lol:

You can get that everyday with that yahoo, Brett. His pathetic baseball acumen is right there M-F for everyone to laugh at.
I love posts like this. Just goes to show how good of a job Bernstein is doing.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I love posts like this. Just goes to show how good of a job Bernstein is doing.

I don't help the ratings nor does my rant help others to watch it that have not. But i get it, publicity is publicity