Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Come on man...

How many playoff games/NFC Titles/Super Bowls did the Bears win with those players?

Taking a sneaky shot at Butkus and Sayers is a real shit move.

But you can't hold a whole Bears franchise responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole NFL? And if the whole NFL is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of professional sports in general? I put it to you, Hans - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to Cutler, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Taking a sneaky shot at Butkus and Sayers is a real shit move.

But you can't hold a whole Bears franchise responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole NFL? And if the whole NFL is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of professional sports in general? I put it to you, Hans - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to Cutler, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Hey,Man

I don't speak Mexican,I speak American

And if you really want to go down the road of first century imperialism,we can talk about the Bolivian assault on the people of Honduras.....because that shit if fucked up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Come on man...

How many playoff games/NFC Titles/Super Bowls did the Bears win with those players?

The problem is us (as Bear fans) don't really know what a playoff/contender caliber team looks like other than 85 and 06 and we tend to put certain players on pedestals.Those players do not jive with what Fox wants to put together,I have faith in what kind of team he is building here and his track record is proven....it's going to pay off in the long run

What team is Fox "putting together"? Last I saw, this guy and his butt buddy Pace, has jettisoned or is in the process of jettisoning virtually every decent offensive player that the Bears had in the last two years and replaced them with inferior or unproven players. The Bear's offense is going to suck big time next year and will be really boring to watch. Wait until they lose Jeffrey and Long in a couple of years. The bears are doomed as long as the McCaskey family owns the team. They are inept and are terrible managers. Yet they have a captive fan base which keep buying into their bullshit decision making.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
What team is Fox "putting together"? Last I saw, this guy and his butt buddy Pace, has jettisoned or is in the process of jettisoning virtually every decent offensive player that the Bears had in the last two years and replaced them with inferior or unproven players. The Bear's offense is going to suck big time next year and will be really boring to watch. Wait until they lose Jeffrey and Long in a couple of years. The bears are doomed as long as the McCaskey family owns the team. They are inept and are terrible managers. Yet they have a captive fan base which keep buying into their bullshit decision making.

I can see you making this claim next offseason if the Bears are shit,but you Atleast have to see how the year plays out.Fox put that Bronco team together that just won the Super Bowl....give the guy a chance

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its no coincidence he wasn't around for the win either. His Lovie-ball style of coaching by playing to not lose instead of to win is a hallmark of his head coaching history.

Its ironic you point to "his proven track record" Hans, because that record shows he is incapable of winning a championship.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Its no coincidence he wasn't around for the win either. His Lovie-ball style of coaching by playing to not lose instead of to win is a hallmark of his head coaching history.

Its ironic you point to "his proven track record" Hans, because that record shows he is incapable of winning a championship.
So be it. But we were talking about roster building, not gameday coaching.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So be it. But we were talking about roster building, not gameday coaching.

Hey, I am not the one changing the subject by moving the goal posts. I respond to people as they bring things up.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I can see you making this claim next offseason if the Bears are shit,but you Atleast have to see how the year plays out. Elway put that Bronco team together that just won the Super Bowl....give the guy a chance

fify

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Hey, I am not the one changing the subject by moving the goal posts. I respond to people as they bring things up.
Read back. It kinda looks like you are the one changing the subject. Everyone else seems to be talking about his track record building rosters.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Read back. It kinda looks like you are the one changing the subject. Everyone else seems to be talking about his track record building rosters.

Well if that is the subject you wish to address then sure I can give him plenty of credit on knowing how to build a defensive roster quite well.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Come on man...

Let me try this a different way. How much worse would those years have been without those players? Are you suggesting our offense got better by eliminating that talent? The NYJ did not make the playoffs. Is that because Marshall had 1400+ yards and 14 TDs and they would have been better without his production?

As was stated, Butkus and Sayers never made the playoffs but would those Bears teams have been better without them? NFW.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Well if that is the subject you wish to address then sure I can give him plenty of credit on knowing how to build a defensive roster quite well.
And looking at where our defense was two years ago we needed that more than we needed some sleazeball psycho wide receiver.
But if you look back in Carolina and Denver they had some pretty stout offensive lines running game and wide receivers.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
And looking at where our defense was two years ago we needed that more than we needed some sleazeball psycho wide receiver.
But if you look back in Carolina and Denver they had some pretty stout offensive lines running game and wide receivers.
plus Fox helped build that Carolina defense with Peppers. And I would argue he helped build that Denver D.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Marshall was a freakin head case and now on his 4th team

Bennett had hands of stone and ZERO y.a.c ability

Forte was 30 and couldn't do anything besides catch out of the backfield

Slauson was literally held together with duct tape with knees of a 90year old

The Bears have always been about Defense and that's what wins championships,to have your panties in a wad that Pace/Fox dismantled an offense that was only productive 1 year with a journeyman QB is quite disturbing.I want you guys to remember 2014 when the Bears where getting blown out by 50 and that so called star roster you little bitches are crying about were doing fuck all.

We are on the verge of TC and its doomsday already for you guys,have some optimism because not one single person on either side of the argument knows what's gonna happen.

And on a side note:The Butkus and Sayers reference was unfounded and had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
^
Only year that I remember Marty having particulaly bad hands was last year(But I'm going off memory could be wrong).

Not gonna make Slauson to out to be all of that because he was reliable enough while here(Except 2014). He's just not athletic enough to do what they need him to do plain and simple.

Otherwise agreed on all accounts ,especially Marshall. Even if he was telling the truth there was no way Brandon could behere with Jay as QB anymore after dogging him in the media. I think Jay even came out in support of him a few times as well. He was telling the truth about Jay's play, but that's something you tell Jay himself not everybody.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not going to start a thread for it, but the top 100 players for 2016 by NFL Network was released and there is not a single Bears player on the list. Not sure if any other teams were shutout (the Browns had Thomas).

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Slauson would at the very least be pushing Larson, Whitehair, and Grasu to fight intensely for their jobs.

Right......because NFL players so seldom fight for their (very highly paid) jobs.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Come on man...

I hate this kind of logic.

So just because Dan Marino hasn't won you a Super Bowl, you're going to get rid of him? Guys like Marshall, Bennett, Forte, Slauson, and Jeffery are the building blocks to a Super Bowl team. Just because we didn't win a Super Bowl with those guys doesn't mean that they were the problem.

Correlation does not equal causation.