Cubs looking inside division for a bat?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/2016/07/23/report-chicago-cubs-interested-in-jay-bruce/

Reddick is likely going to be the guy, but Cubs are also interested in Bruce.

Bruce would cost talent. I don't see the need here to go that far.

Reddick would start in LF. Not be a bench bat. That takes AB's directly away from Contreras. Maddon has not shown that he is going to make Contreras the #1. So again it feels like a over buy here.

Justin Morneau Makes the most sense. He screams PH at this point and will not cost any major pieces.

As much as we want to say stack the deck what happens is the guys who got you here end up losing playing time to guys who were on losing teams.

Makes little sense

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
I would love to get Ryan Braun if were talking division guys who will be available. He's worth Soler and a top prospect or 2. I also would love to get Bruce from the Reds but you're right its probably going to cost us more than were going to be willing to part with.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would love to get Ryan Braun if were talking division guys who will be available. He's worth Soler and a top prospect or 2. I also would love to get Bruce from the Reds but you're right its probably going to cost us more than were going to be willing to part with.

Ryan Braun? Worth Soler AND 2 prospects?

That would be the worst trade I can imagine,