Official: 2016 Preseason Game ONE FOODBLOGTHREAD

Mitchapalooza

Well it's time to get the party started off right and per tradition on another site I quit for the third time last year, we'd put together a smorgasbord of posts about game day eats called "FOODBLOGTHREAD" and post it in the Bears forum even though it's a lil off topic. It's about sharing e-snacks you gonna be feasting on while watching bears beasting on their opponents erry week. It's about getting pumped! IS ANYONE EVEN PUMPED YET???

So here goes: I'll be working late 2mow night but still gotta feed my family so I'll be making a HHM household gameday staple - THE BIG SANDWICH

Starts off with a trip to the deli at Tony's Finer Foods, it's a one-stop shop that carries gr8 ingredients and not too pricey.

Bread: they stock 3 foot sub rolls from Chicago's D'Amato's Bakery. Bomb.com. Grabbing one of these.
Provolone cheese.
Mortadella
Capicoloa
Genoa Salami
Roast beef

Roma tomatoes - hopefully the paste tomatoes i'm growing are ripe enough, otherwise ALDI
Thin sliced onion
Shredded romaine

Got some pesto i'll mix with some mayo to get this sandwich properly lubed.

Oh, and bacon...

Pretty simple but delicious - I carve out the bread and save the innards for hunny buns later on (shout out to @Jamais Vu for the milkbread idea)

mayo on the bottom, pile up ingredients with veggies on the top, a lil oil and vinegar on that, then wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap and let that sit at room temp for an hour.

BOOM.

What U guys cooking/ordering/eating????

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Something missing in this thread. Also I hope you don't get murdered on your way to the deli. I was talking to this guy from Crystal Lake and he told me that the entire south side was more dangerous than the favelas in Rio.

Bort

Liked Posts:
3852060549_ae4f6460e6.jpg

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Either Lou Malnati's leftovers or if I feel up to it I might buy stuff to make a batch of chili on Thursday before/during the game.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Either Lou Malnati's leftovers or if I feel up to it I might buy stuff to make a batch of chili on Thursday before/during the game.

Why lie? You got domino's on the brane.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I'll be eating lettuce.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It's hard to beat a cheese smokie link, fun sized bag of chips and small Sprite from the Shell station

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is one of the shitty things about living in Denver; the lack of decent food.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please share your preparation for that delicacy. Also I'm pretty sure that a mashed tater on the left but what's on the other side.

meat patty and cheese sauce with random chunks of things......?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a fucking pre-season game on a Thursday night. LOL at putting together food fests for it.

I'll DVR the game and watch it later.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well it's time to get the party started off right and per tradition on another site I quit for the third time last year ...
So you are going to quit this site three times this year to keep the tradition going? That was one confusing sentence with which you started your post.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It's a fucking pre-season game on a Thursday night. LOL at putting together food fests for it.

I'll DVR the game and watch it later.
I think the food is the main event. The game is just there to keep you from eating the chili right out of the pan.