The Bears will have a top ten offense this season

CallMeYams

Liked Posts:
Time to air it out. Dont tell me previous results of going jay cutty or bust. We are going jay cutty or bust this year.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I'd say 20th would be about right for us. Any injuries on the line or TE will be devastating. We'll be good at WR. We'll be very average at RB and of course QB is average. The play calling will be far too conservative for us to be top 10.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Statistically Cutler is going to have a decent year if everybody stays health. 1 or 2 injuries and this is a bottom 10 offense.

The defense will be top 20 so there will be some catching up to do in majority of games causing the offense to press.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Statistically Cutler is going to have a decent year if everybody stays health. 1 or 2 injuries and this is a bottom 10 offense.

Cutler will have a decent statistical year if the OLINE is top 5, the RB's carry the load to the tune of a top 5 RB crew, the WR's are top 5, and the defense is top 5 in forcing turn-overs and ball control.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The defense will be top 20 so there will be some catching up to do in majority of games causing the offense to press.

They were 13th last year in yards allowed and 20th in points allowed.

So you think they've taken a step back with all the defensive upgrades?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They were 13th last year in yards allowed and 20th in points allowed.

So you think they've taken a step back with all the defensive upgrades?

Yeah, the defense wasn't an absolute dumpster fire last year, and there is no logical way you can argue against them not improving this season. All they've done is add pieces.

It's obviously not a finished product, and is far from perfect, but to suggest the defense somehow performs worse this season? Asinine.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not turning this into a cunting thread about the roster moves but you don't lose Marshall, Bennett, Forte, Slauson and your OC and get better. Just saying. And yes I know, Marshall was gone last year, putting up like 1400 yards and 10+ TDs elsewhere.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What do you think will be ranked higher, passing or rushing offense?

Hard one. I'll say rushing, but the passing game will be more efficient imo. Neither will operate at a level of efficiency that propels the offense into top 20 as a whole.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hard one. I'll say rushing, but the passing game will be more efficient imo. Neither will operate at a level of efficiency that propels the offense into top 20 as a whole.
:yep: Would agree there. If they still had Forte, I'd go with rushing, but I can't trust this OL nor this bunch of running backs. I guess we'll see though. Passing will rely entirely on taking care of the ball.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I will say rushing in that I don't think the defense will be bad enough to make us one dimensional. We might have a lot of 20-17 games.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I will say rushing in that I don't think the defense will be bad enough to make us one dimensional. We might have a lot of 20-17 games.
So it'd be like a re-run of last season basically except some games may flip.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So it'd be like a re-run of last season basically except some games may flip.

Kinda. Last year it seemed like there were a lot of games where the defense hung on by a thread to keep the game close. I think this year it will be good enough to dictate the play a bit more. I think we will see our offense play the field game to try and put the defense in favorable and opportunistic positions.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Top 20 by yards? Likely not

Top 20 by points? If our defensive play is strong and our return game is adequate, half of our drives could begin around the 50. We saw Grossman lead an offense well above its talent level in a similar situation.