Preseason Game 2 IGT: Chicago Bears @ New England Patriots 8/17/16 7:00pm CDT FOX32

How much will the Baers lose by?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Floyd is a bust in terms of being first round pick! He won't crack this lineup from a skill set, he might play because he's a first rounder but I haven't seen him get closer than two yards from sacking the qb. I think pace's strategy of defense first is correct and he has done a good job with getting good starting talent for the price. He also doesn't tolerate assholes and I respect that as well. He brought in really good coaching which is the MOST important part of building teams - see patriots for example. Just because I don't like one draft pick doesn't mean that I don't agree with overall results and strategy. You have your opinion and I have mine. I hope Floyd makes it bc he's a great kid

This is one of the weirder posts i've read on this site in a while. Are you ok bearsbud?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted the Bears to pick up Shaw when he came out as a udfa. I think he will be a back up QB in this league for a while. Even if he bounces around it.

his sole purpose in being here is to give Alshon Jeffery a friend, the South Carolina connection.

If Alshon has a friend, maybe he stays, or so they hope.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Is it me or does Deontay Thompson kind of suck? Bellamy is kind of bleh too.

I expect growing pains out of Braverman and Duncan, but a 27 year old receiver that's had 4 years of coaching and experience should know when to run back to the ball. Bellamy seems to get butter fingers at the worst times.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
his sole purpose in being here is to give Alshon Jeffery a friend, the South Carolina connection.

If Alshon has a friend, maybe he stays, or so they hope.

I lold

I don't think shaw was with Jeffery tho?

Either way, I highly doubt Alshon stays after this season less the Bears really show the money.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Yes, I actually made the prediction based on college games. That's when someone makes predictions otherwise it's just stating the obvious. Again, you have your opinion and I have mine. I also thought Aaron Donald would be a stud before I watched one NFL game of his but I was wrong about a bunch of other players. What's the fun in making a prediction after a year or two. Anyone can watch four years of a player and then cast judgment, where's the skill in that?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Did hall play at cb tonight? Did he play well?

He struggled tonight. Looked lost a couple times and left his man on a crossing route. Growing pains are to be expected at this point. Good learning experience.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Is it me or does Deontay Thompson kind of suck? Bellamy is kind of bleh too.

I expect growing pains out of Braverman and Duncan, but a 27 year old receiver that's had 4 years of coaching and experience should know when to run back to the ball. Bellamy seems to get butter fingers at the worst times.

Yeah they seem like guys who look good in practice but neither has ever shown much in games. Love Bellamy on special team though. Made a great play tonight. He just doesn't look to have good hands or receiver instincts.

AussieBear

stackn bricks.. didnt watches it... wurr is windys breakdown

oh and eyes being surryus... i take windys views wiff a grain ah salt... but he usually gives a fair and dcent assessmant if he dont have dem bias blinders on..

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lold

I don't think shaw was with Jeffery tho?

Either way, I highly doubt Alshon stays after this season less the Bears really show the money.

I'm glad you laughed but I wasn't joking.

[video=youtube;mTzMS83fQkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzMS83fQkc[/video]

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Yeah they seem like guys who look good in practice but neither has ever shown much in games. Love Bellamy on special team though. Made a great play tonight. He just doesn't look to have good hands or receiver instincts.

Yeah I love Bellamy as a STer. I think he played the 4th or 5th most snaps on coverage. I wouldn't mind him sticking. Thompson it's still early, but the impression for me so far isn't good for a guy that's the oldest among all of the WR's besides Royal IIRC.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
- The first team O looked good. Line looked good. Langford had a nice burst.
- White wasn't featured much. Dropped what would have been a nice 10 yard catch for a first down. He's gotta have those.
- As much as people are praising the starters, I disagree. Sure, the D forced 3 and out on the first NE drive, but NE walked down the field on the second drive and would have scored if not for Garappolo missing a key pass. Porter saved their bacon. What I saw on that drive was the NE's OL dominating the Bears front 7.
- Hoyer is terrible.
- The talent drop off on this team is immense. If any key starters get hurt - particularly on OL, secondary or DL, the Bears are fucked.
- Guys who are competing for roster spots need to make plays. Timu had and opportunity and dropped a 90 yard pick 6 that was in his hands. Any NFL LB has to make that play.
- The TE Housler impressed. The NE guy 'Derby' looked really good. On a team with TE depth, he'll be cut and the Bears might want to take a look.
- Bullard looked very good.
- Floyd looks too damn small to be an impactful player. I can't think of another guy in a 3/4 playing DE/OL in the league who is an impact player and is that thin. Dude is narrower than most TEs. To my eyes, he needs to put on at least 20-25 pounds.
- Secondary is gonna be a problem.
- Howard had some nice bursts - albeit against scrubs.
- That Thompson (14) guy had a rough night. First round cut.
- Braverman, the camp hero, is nothing. Another first round cut. The Eddie Royal injury might be the guy's only saving grace. He's shown zero. Zilch.

The second half of pre-season games are really really fucking boring.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
New England might have the best O-Line in the NFL.

:nope:
Brady had poor pass protection last season that killed them in the Playoffs.

[FONT=&quot]With the meltdown in Denver still fresh, Patriots fans have asked and will continue to ask: What changes will we see along the offensive line next season?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Honestly? Probably not many.
And the group will have a different coach. The decision to fire Dave DeGuglielmo was made weeks ago, according to CSNNE's Tom E. Curran. It seems the team had been dissatisfied with its line play for quite some time.

Link[/FONT]