Game two Bears future core players

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Kevin White: Word is White had his best week of practice yet against the Patriots and could have an Alshon Jeffery rookie season preseason games type of performance tonight. Jeffery came in and lit it up in year one and immediately proved that he looked like a difference maker. Is this the game where we see the same from Kevin White?

Jonathan Bullard: The most talked about player in camp who hasn't got as much attention as I would have expected on the boards. Bullard is showing off all the things he was at Florida and a strong desire to get better. Kid is a grinder and has that proverbial all important non-stop motor. Unrein has earned his spot but I don't think Unrein is a full time starter so look to Bullard to continue to take steps to supplant him.

Cody Whitehair, the Bears are moving him around already he started at LG then moved to C. He's going to be pushed into learning immediately and I think that's a big vote of confidence for the rook. The Patriots always seem to have good interior DL talent so I expect he'll be tested plenty today.

The three headed RB attack:

Kadeem Carey, Jeremy Langford and Jordan Howard:

Carey has looked the best in camp, as he should he's the most underrated RB on the team and has looked good each time he's had his chance. Carey isn't going to wow you like Matt Forte, but he is efficient and very good in short yardage. Carey is in year three so if he's growing as expected he could sneak in and be the starter in week one. Langford needs to continue to get better, his overall play making ability is obvious. Howard, do what he does best get the tough yards.

The secondary:

Oh dear Kyle Fuller is hurt, can Adrian Amos be more than just a one-dimensional run stopper? Is there anyone in the secondary who can step up and show the potential to be a backup?

Leonard Floyd: Putting together back to back solid games sure would look good from Floyd. I think the Patriots are going to run and run right at him with Bennett matched up on him. Bennett played like 30 snaps last week which is a lot for a veteran of his stature. Floyd I think continues to work on the things that won't jump off the screen, hand usage, bull rushing and set ups. Floyd can win with speed he showed that in backside pursuit to the football, I'm glad to see him working on the finer things of the position.

Timu and Anderson, both of these kids outplayed the Bears' two starters (McClellin and Jones) in the preseason of last year. Now with their starting experience and game experience they look like two very solid complimentary backups. The best position on the roster right now is the linebacker spot both inside and out. Timu is a head hunter while Anderson is efficient and getting better. I don't want them to start, but I also can't think of many other backups I'd want on the roster.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Bears RB Ka'Deem Carey (concussion) was still in a non-contact jersey at Wednesday's practice.
Just being at practice means Carey has progressed through the concussion protocol, but it is likely he sits out this week's game. That should give more work to rookie Jordan Howard, who appeared to be buried on the depth chart in the first preseason game.

per roto world.

Could possibly mean more time for the rest of the crowded backfield though. Nice write up though, Bullard for sure.

Thanks BF51.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we can run for a first down or two and "shins" shines, I might jump on the bandwagon

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bought an Amos jersey and it just arrived, so look for him to get injured or play awful today. Seems to be how it works.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I hope whitehair continues to look good. If we don't hear his name, I'll be satisfied.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Kevin White: Word is White had his best week of practice yet against the Patriots and could have an Alshon Jeffery rookie season preseason games type of performance tonight. Jeffery came in and lit it up in year one and immediately proved that he looked like a difference maker. Is this the game where we see the same from Kevin White?

Jonathan Bullard: The most talked about player in camp who hasn't got as much attention as I would have expected on the boards. Bullard is showing off all the things he was at Florida and a strong desire to get better. Kid is a grinder and has that proverbial all important non-stop motor. Unrein has earned his spot but I don't think Unrein is a full time starter so look to Bullard to continue to take steps to supplant him.

Cody Whitehair, the Bears are moving him around already he started at LG then moved to C. He's going to be pushed into learning immediately and I think that's a big vote of confidence for the rook. The Patriots always seem to have good interior DL talent so I expect he'll be tested plenty today.

Carey has looked the best in camp, as he should he's the most underrated RB on the team and has looked good each time he's had his chance. Carey isn't going to wow you like Matt Forte, but he is efficient and very good in short yardage. Carey is in year three so if he's growing as expected he could sneak in and be the starter in week one. Langford needs to continue to get better, his overall play making ability is obvious. Howard, do what he does best get the tough yards.

The secondary:

Oh dear Kyle Fuller is hurt, can Adrian Amos be more than just a one-dimensional run stopper? Is there anyone in the secondary who can step up and show the potential to be a backup?

Leonard Floyd: Putting together back to back solid games sure would look good from Floyd. I think the Patriots are going to run and run right at him with Bennett matched up on him. Bennett played like 30 snaps last week which is a lot for a veteran of his stature. Floyd I think continues to work on the things that won't jump off the screen, hand usage, bull rushing and set ups. Floyd can win with speed he showed that in backside pursuit to the football, I'm glad to see him working on the finer things of the position.

Timu and Anderson, both of these kids outplayed the Bears' two starters (McClellin and Jones) in the preseason of last year. Now with their starting experience and game experience they look like two very solid complimentary backups. The best position on the roster right now is the linebacker spot both inside and out. Timu is a head hunter while Anderson is efficient and getting better. I don't want them to start, but I also can't think of many other backups I'd want on the roster.

I'd add L.Barrow and C.Jones to the LBers that looked pretty good last week against Denver. I'm pretty sure Barrow lead the defense in tackles and had 2 TFL's and i saw C.Jones put a speed rush on the RT and get around him quick and should of had the sack so yes our LBers are gonna be solid this season.

AussieBear

The secondary:

forte is tied wiff da neal anderson as my second fav bears rb of all-time dat i acktooly seed play... to bes honast dough... he never really wow'ds me.. consistant and solid allz roundar.. a couple of dem wows plays in aal hishis yurrsrs but i was juss like yeah yeah dat iieyight.. but stop floppin on doe shoestrang tackles

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Whitehair had a great block on Langford's long run. Sealed the linebacker almost 10 yards down field.

JPPT1974

May Day and Spring Fever!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Cincinnati Reds
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Oklahoma City Thunder
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. Washington Capitals
  1. Howard Bison
Yeah it was a great block there. That is what you need in a player!

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see I touched a nerve. I'm a fan of the Bears but don't idolize other grown men enough to want to play dress-up and pretend I'm them. You're calling me gay? I think having another man's name plastered across your body is far more gay. In prison, that would make you someone else's property.

Great story. You're probably the coolest guy you know.