Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5 yr plan

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Newblood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lob away, I'd be interested to see what you have to say. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with your Pace expectations without flying off the handle, then so be it.
    Well my comment was coming from someone's post stating Pace's 3 year plan. And I was saying that if that was his roadmap that he isn't on track for it. He might have said that was his plan but his actions have so far pointed to a 4 or 5 year rebuild to get to the point of regularly competing for the division.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post
    Well my comment was coming from someone's post stating Pace's 3 year plan. And I was saying that if that was his roadmap that he isn't on track for it. He might have said that was his plan but his actions have so far pointed to a 4 or 5 year rebuild to get to the point of regularly competing for the division.
    Fukit, Nvm. Whatever you say.

Ima have to double that fackit conclusion. Sounds like both of us had different ideas of what we were talking about.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xer0h0ur For This Useful Post:

Ima have to double that fackit conclusion. Sounds like both of us had different ideas of what we were talking about.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newblood For This Useful Post:

Message Board Hero ijustposthere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ikkoikki View Post
    I remember saying 5 yr rebuild here a year ago and some people were like "NO WAY! You're just a pessimist wah"

pffft.
    No, people think it's more retarded than pessimism. This isn't baseball. Teams don't have control over players for that long if the team generally sucks.
    You win message board hero.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by BuddyRyans46 Hidden Content
    to all of the people calling me a fecal alligator.....i will accept your apologies after this Friday's presser. I trust my sources.
    Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll be among the stars. Proceed to the next level.

Hidden Content
    We have to make sense of this nonsense.

We just right now do not have a star on any side of our team. Not one is. Thats kinda of unheard of. There isnt even someone on the brink of stardom. Alshon is the closest outside of that i dont see one guy and say he is a top 3 players in his position.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese View Post
    We just right now do not have a star on any side of our team. Not one is. Thats kinda of unheard of. There isnt even someone on the brink of stardom. Alshon is the closest outside of that i dont see one guy and say he is a top 3 players in his position.

Assuming he is healthy, Long is a star in the league. Still wanted to keep him at tackle, though. I also think that Bullard and Whitehair have a chance at being pretty special. Unfortunately these are trenches guys and the BEar's really lack talent at the skill positions who are really the players that make or break games for a team.

Doors that go like this. FatBabiesHaveNoPride's Avatar

When I see '5 Year Plan' - I think 'yes, the plan is that they will be mediocre to suck in 5 years, as always'.

But I'll be an optimist - '5 Year Plan' is a great song from DRI from the album 'Crossover' when they went more metal. So, I'll just listen to that and be happy.
    Something clever goes here.

Can you knock it off with your strawmans already. I am not being unrealistic here. I am just asking for respectable starters and somewhat competent NFL caliber backups. Were not there on either front. Which is why I am saying its pathetic to believe we will be competing for a WC this year or for the Division next year. Is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

Ryan is not on pace for his own bullshit plan. He is talking out of his ass.
    Well said. When you look at the starters on offense, we really are only seeing, two quality NFL starters, namely Long and Jeffrey. But when you go to the 2nd string, it really gets bleak. There is no excuse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    Assuming he is healthy, Long is a star in the league. Still wanted to keep him at tackle, though. I also think that Bullard and Whitehair have a chance at being pretty special. Unfortunately these are trenches guys and the BEar's really lack talent at the skill positions who are really the players that make or break games for a team.
    Add Goldman to the list. ANother trenches guy. He is a beast in the interior of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    Add Goldman to the list. ANother trenches guy. He is a beast in the interior of the line.
    Just not a star. He isnt a guy that others around the league are yet talking about. Eventually he may be but we should have one damn guy who is the elite player in the league and we dont have any. A Guard is our star - thats messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese View Post
    Just not a star. He isnt a guy that others around the league are yet talking about. Eventually he may be but we should have one damn guy who is the elite player in the league and we dont have any. A Guard is our star - thats messed up.

I know and I agree. We are just so damned weak at skilled positions. Other than Jeffrey, the Bear's have none that could even be classified as better than average let alone elite.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hester247 View Post
    so uh...its now year 2 under Pace and this team looks worse than ever....5 yr rebuild is not as ridiculous as it sounded 2 yrs ago is it
    hmmmmmmmmmm......what year is it now? Getting closer to the 5 yr plan I suggested because the organization is run by dumb fucks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hester247 For This Useful Post:

I think we are on a 10 yr plan at this point.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkBear For This Useful Post:

so another 1st rd pick who wont impact the team next season...this is yr 3 folks..5 yr plan was an absolute reach ...looks to be more of a 6-7 yr plan...yr 3 and people are still giving Pace a pass unfucking real....total bust of Free agency and now mortgaged the draft to pick a QB who played 13career college games...00% lock that he trades pick #36 to gain more picks in stead of drafting a day 1 starter like Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Budda Baker, S, Cam Robinson, OT, Tim Williams, OLB, Kevin King, CB

bump....well looks like next yr is yr 4 of my 5 yr plan that people talked shit about at the time..how much closer are we now?

Quote Originally Posted by ikkoikki View Post
    Besides I don't even think you can call it a true rebuild until you draft a QB you can legitimately develop to be your future. The fact that Cutler is still here suggests that the rebuild hasn't even started imo.
    This line of thinking was all over threads 2 years ago and I've never understood it. Was this more related to when fans should look for signs of improvement (don't expect real improvement until the bears acquire a developmental QB)? Or was it supposed to be about how we judge the roster moves of Pace (we can't really look at the moves in the context of a rebuild because it hasn't started yet)? I want to say sparty was also on this line of thinking (could be wrong, but that is my recollection) maybe someone can clarify for me.

Damn, it feels good to be so right a couple yrs ago.....

I don't think we're as far as we ever were, and I don't ascertain how far a football team is from success from record alone or even primarily in one yr windows.

We can get to competing for a playoff spot next yr. It isn't PROBABLE, but it's possible.

We need to bring in MANY OPTIONS at receiver and TE. We need to pick up 1 or 2 quality DBs.

If we find even average receiving options, and MT continues to progress even normally (1st yr to 2nd yr is usually a huge jump), we can expect to be a middle of the road team if the other areas hold up.

Right now we don't have one legit starting receiver or a starting TE. That's a huge handicap for any QB much less a 1st yr starter with one yr of major college experience. People aren't excited enough about MT imho....

25. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123