CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
QB: Cutler, Hoyer, Fales

RB: Langford, Carey, Howard, Rodgers

WR: Jeffery, White, Royal, Bellamy, Mariani, Meredith

-Wilson on PUP
-Many will be concerned about Braverman, but the Bears do not seem like they want to cut Royal or Mariani. His quiet pre season will add into this decision.
-Cam Meredith is tall and continues to develop as a WR, I would not want to cut him.

TE: Miller, Housler, Lee

-Yikes, I do not know if Moeaki can make the team with Miller`s health issues.

LT: Leno, Williams
LG: Whitehair
C: Larsen, Edison
RG: Long, Weaver
RT: Massie

-Williams is the only backup OT that has shown anything and he has played at LT.
-Weaver has been one of the better lineman in the preseason and can play OG and OT.

RE: Hicks, Washington
NT: Goldman, Sutton
LE: Unrien, Bullard

-Ferguson may sneak onto the team, but doesn`t really do that much.
-The Bears do not need more than 6 lineman, with the sheer volume of times that they have 2 down DLmen.

OLB: Young, Acho
ILB: Trevathan, Timu
ILB: Freeman, Anderson, Kwiatowski
OLB: Houston, Floyd, Jones

-McPhee on PUP
-I think that Kwiatowksi`s injury will make it very difficult to cut either Anderson or Timu who both have had nice moments in the preseason.

CB: Porter, Fuller, Callahan, Hall, Glenn, McMannis
FS: Amos, Houston-Carson
SS: HJQ, Bush

-I do not see a 5th safety that has been any good.
-Hurst is an interesting option, but he has not been great, and while he is versatile, Glenn has looked better.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Hurst should make it. We need an extra CB and he does a good job at run support too. Maybe PS.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
No team is going to put Braverman on their 53-man roster, he'll be on the practice squad without much of a problem. His hype train derailed once the pads went on and the games (for him) became real. Don't want to see him fail, but can we just stop believing in the hype of kids base on Twitter scouts who don't really show up at camp?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Practice Squad

TE Ben Brauckner
OT, signed from somewhere
OG, signed from somewhere
WR Daniel Braverman
NT Terry Williams
CB Devante Busby
DE Keith Browner
S, signed from somewhere
TE Gannon Sinclair

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
We just signed a CB off waivers, so there's that... Hopefully it's McMannis gone, at least on D.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
We just signed a CB off waivers, so there's that... Hopefully it's McMannis gone, at least on D.

McMannis is extremely good on ST so he will not be gone.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I feel like many on the PS squad you picked has enough talent to make an active roster. Or at least make the Bears Roster.

I know a lot of people are in for Royal, but I think it is better to cut weight now and get Braverman some regular season snaps. Even if you dont throw it his way, it gives the coaches some game tape that they can use to help his growth.

I think I like Braunecker more than Lee. Though I've been rooting for him since he got here, so I am biased.

And when it comes down to it, I'd keep Timu over Anderson.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
-Fales will be cut. Possibly put on the PS.

-I think you've got to role with Moeaki over Housler. Moeaki is a very talented pass catcher. Keep Scruggs over Lee to block. Lee to PS.

- I have a feeling Adams will be the swing OT over Williams. It's not really based on anything just a hunch.

-Ego or T. Williams should be on the 53. I'd give the nod to Ego since he can play both NT and DE.

-I disagree that we only need 6 DL. Last year we got banged up fast on DL and Unrien and Gaston played well. Ziggy Hood though.... I'd keep 8 to be honest. Keep em fresh and healthy. We all know CornWash is going to be hurt eventually it's what he does.

-Kwiatoski to IR. We've got enough depth inside to let him....uggggghhh… redshirt.

-I think you only keep Jones or Acho. Jones is more versatile on D but Acho plays STs and he is better than Jones at this point. This would be a tough one for me.

-Gotta think K'waun Williams is gonna make this team at CB. That could be McMannis' spot.

- I don't think Houston-Carson has really earned a 53 spot. I could see Hurst there and HC relegated to the PS. Could go either way. Probably won't matter. Prosinkski plays STs too and if McMannis is cut Prosinkski becomes more valuable.

*while writing this up I thought Pace should stick Shaw on the PS if there's anyway he can come back by mid season. . It would keep him off IR and allow Pace to cut Fales and Hoyer IMO when Shaw gets healthy.

Practice Squad:
Shaw
Fales
Braunker
Lee
Braverman
Houston-Carson
Browner
OG
OT
CB

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can't release and injured guy and put him on the PR.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Some random thoughts

Shaw is on IR he's not going to the ps

No way the bears dont have a qb on the ps....esp if/when they only keep 2 qb's

I think scruggs finds his way to either the 53 as the blocking te instead of lee or is on the ps

I like unrien as a rotational player but not so much as a starter....would like to have seen bullard out there with the 1's to get an idea of what that defense looks like

Maybe it's me but i just dont see the value in jaquizz rodgers.....hate seeing him on the field getting carries over any of the other 3 backs

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel like many on the PS squad you picked has enough talent to make an active roster. Or at least make the Bears Roster.

I know a lot of people are in for Royal, but I think it is better to cut weight now and get Braverman some regular season snaps. Even if you dont throw it his way, it gives the coaches some game tape that they can use to help his growth.

I think I like Braunecker more than Lee. Though I've been rooting for him since he got here, so I am biased.

And when it comes down to it, I'd keep Timu over Anderson.

No one on that PS that windy listed would get poached by another team.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jaquizz doesnt show anything special, but he does everything.
IDK

FootballYogi

Liked Posts:
Jaquizz doesnt show anything special, but he does everything.
IDK

He's killing me! Can his experience really outweigh Howard's upside and can Howard or Carey not do what Rodgers does on ST? IMO, Carey has the talent to replace Jaquizz and keeping the 3 youngsters at RB keeps a roster spot free for an extra WR or the new FB that Coach Fox likes so much.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's killing me! Can his experience really outweigh Howard's upside and can Howard or Carey not do what Rodgers does on ST? IMO, Carey has the talent to replace Jaquizz and keeping the 3 youngsters at RB keeps a roster spot free for an extra WR or the new FB that Coach Fox likes so much.

Do you think that Howard has a real upside? He really takes a lot of time to get in gear and has to have a hole to run through since he is a straight ahead kind of runner. Maybe IF the right side of the line can create and hold a long enough hole, he can get enough momentum to get to the second level and make some gains but I don't know if that is going to happen.

FootballYogi

Liked Posts:
Well, if things go well in the running game, he'll barely ever get snaps in a game, which is good since its usually injuries that make a team play a 3rd-string RB. Now, if he's mainly ST, what is Jaquizz doing that Howard can't? Let's face it, Jaquizz is a journeyman, J Howard is a kid who's gone thru some tough shit to get here... who's got the most heart? Who wants it more? Talent-wise, its a toss up right now, but Quizz has him on experience/knowledge of the game, but who's got potential to be a game-changer/playmaker? The kid, no?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
-Fales will be cut. Possibly put on the PS.

-I think you've got to role with Moeaki over Housler. Moeaki is a very talented pass catcher. Keep Scruggs over Lee to block. Lee to PS.

- I have a feeling Adams will be the swing OT over Williams. It's not really based on anything just a hunch.

-Ego or T. Williams should be on the 53. I'd give the nod to Ego since he can play both NT and DE.

-I disagree that we only need 6 DL. Last year we got banged up fast on DL and Unrien and Gaston played well. Ziggy Hood though.... I'd keep 8 to be honest. Keep em fresh and healthy. We all know CornWash is going to be hurt eventually it's what he does.

-Kwiatoski to IR. We've got enough depth inside to let him....uggggghhh… redshirt.

-I think you only keep Jones or Acho. Jones is more versatile on D but Acho plays STs and he is better than Jones at this point. This would be a tough one for me.

-Gotta think K'waun Williams is gonna make this team at CB. That could be McMannis' spot.

- I don't think Houston-Carson has really earned a 53 spot. I could see Hurst there and HC relegated to the PS. Could go either way. Probably won't matter. Prosinkski plays STs too and if McMannis is cut Prosinkski becomes more valuable.

*while writing this up I thought Pace should stick Shaw on the PS if there's anyway he can come back by mid season. . It would keep him off IR and allow Pace to cut Fales and Hoyer IMO when Shaw gets healthy.

Practice Squad:
Shaw
Fales
Braunker
Lee
Braverman
Houston-Carson
Browner
OG
OT
CB

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Adams looked really bad in the KC game. When you notice an OL player.....it's usually not good....and he was getting blown up on almost each play. Not Good. Williams....is a pleasant surprise.....and has shown up to play. Williams is a keeper.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
No one on that PS that windy listed would get poached by another team.

I think Williams could be, and Braverman will have a lot of opportunity tomorrow to prove that the buzz from training camp was not just a bunch of smoke.

I already stated that I have a bias towards Braunecker, so I will skip on that assessment. The other guys are likely safe to make the PS