Week 1: Bears at Texans | Predict the Score

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
24-16 Houston.

Love the meatballs replying to this thread. While my outlook for the team has greatly improved over the holiday weekend, it's going to take some time for the O-line to gel. I expect Fox to realize this and be ready for some boring as hell play calling. I would give the Bears a fighting chance if this was game 4+, but with Long hurt, still a ? at center, and a new guard that has 5 days to learn the playbook, I don't expect miracles from the O-line this weekend. I do however think as time progress's this O-line could be serviceable (providing Long can play and manage the pain).

I think a 1-3 start is much more likely, (hoping we go 2-2), and then things start to turn the corner.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah ahuh, sure. Cause porter lost the Bears so many games huh?

He didn't get the opportunity to, the front 7 was busy losing games.

You thinking Porter is even halfway decent tells me all I need to know. He's easily the worst starting CB in the NFL at this time.

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
He didn't get the opportunity to, the front 7 was busy losing games.

You thinking Porter is even halfway decent tells me all I need to know. He's easily the worst starting CB in the NFL at this time.

Well I disagree.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Joseph or Jackson, both of whom are much better at the position than any current Bear on the roster. Not to mention, Hopkins is a superior talent to AJ.

So, I'll ask again, who covers Hopkins? Try and convince me, what is stopping Hopkins from completely shredding our secondary?
what Hopkins better than aj really !!!!!

Hopkins
Games Played 48 · Games Started 48

Receiving stats

REC TD% YDS-R AVG LNG TD FD-R
239 7.9 3533 14.8 76 19 178

AJ....

Receiving stats

252 9.5 3728 14.8 80 24 182

STFU ..... you fucking Troll you lose the internet today don't worry Nick80 your safe now

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Joseph or Jackson, both of whom are much better at the position than any current Bear on the roster. Not to mention, Hopkins is a superior talent to AJ.

So, I'll ask again, who covers Hopkins? Try and convince me, what is stopping Hopkins from completely shredding our secondary?
According to the Texans fan that was posting here the other day, their o line is a concern. If the bears rattle osweiler enough, the receiving threats will be somewhat nullified.

Hopkins and fuller might be great, but someone has to get them the ball. If the Texans had a proven QB throwing to these receivers it'd be easier to predict the bears getting shredded

ob1force

Liked Posts:
I just don't trust our secondary at all, especially when going up against an elite WR in DeAndre Hopkins. Texans also have a solid RB in Lamar Miller to keep us honest. Our OL won't be at full strength; Sitton literally just got added and even if Long plays, he won't be 100%. Who's our center? A rookie or freakin' Larsen? Texans' front 7 is among the best.

I'm more optimistic on this season than most but I think we start things off with a loss in week 1 before [hopefully] figuring things out later.

Bears: 13
Texans: 24

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
17-13 Bears.

Can't see a lot of points being scored by either offense. Houston's offense has some young talent at WR, but that's about it. As long as they can keep Hopkins in check, I think the Bears should win. If they let him get loose a couple times, they'll be in trouble.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
what Hopkins better than aj really !!!!!

Hopkins
Games Played 48 · Games Started 48

Receiving stats

239 7.9 3533 14.8 76 19 178

AJ....

Receiving stats

252 9.5 3728 14.8 80 24 182

STFU ..... you fucking Troll you lose the internet today don't worry Nick80 your safe now

Hopkins split his first 2 years with Johnson- Jeffrey with Marshall. Both guys are similar- But Hopkins has one less year and certainly came on stronger than Jeffrey did through his first 3 years.
The 2 guys are virtually dead even, with AJ playing 5 more games and one more season.

It isnt a huge gap yet, but I would take Hopkins over AJ.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Hopkins split his first 2 years with Johnson- Jeffrey with Marshall. Both guys are similar- But Hopkins has one less year and certainly came on stronger than Jeffrey did through his first 3 years.
The 2 guys are virtually dead even, with AJ playing 5 more games and one more season.

It isnt a huge gap yet, but I would take Hopkins over AJ.
I can agree with that but Hopkins isn't not by no means superior to AJ. that's just nosack trying to start crap in this thread.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can agree with that but Hopkins isn't not by no means superior to AJ. that's just nosack trying to start crap in this thread.

For the time being- no. From the looks of Where Hopkins is at and AJ's injuries... this may be a different discussion at the end of the season.

I will agree with Novak that Chicago is going to have a far tougher time stopping Hopkins than Houston will stopping AJ based on defensive talent though.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
For the time being- no. From the looks of Where Hopkins is at and AJ's injuries... this may be a different discussion at the end of the season.

I will agree with Novak that Chicago is going to have a far tougher time stopping Hopkins than Houston will stopping AJ based on defensive talent though.
I don't think so the Texans have a new qb there is going to be growing pains I believe and our secondary isn't great but they are not as bad as most here think, and the d line is going to make think easier for them imo.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Bears 24-20

I see both teams muscling up one TD but then FG’s decide the game. Bears will run the shit out of the ball while Texans will attack Bears secondary. As a result I expect Osweiller to throw at least one INT and Jay not throw any. Bears dline could control this game as Texans oline not looking too dependable. I expect Bears corners to play better than expected. So a close game could be decided by a turnover or turnovers.

Loggains will run a lot outside and if go inside will still stay away from Wilfork. I can see Langford breaking at least one outside run for a big play which hopefully leads to a TD and not an FG. If Bears can do a good job of establishing run then could see a big play from AJ on some one on one coverage. White might also bust a quick slant into some decent yardage but do not expect many big plays against the Texans secondary but not be shut out either. Bears will for sure play it conservative on offense for the most part. Texans could easily see this as an opportunity to give their passing game some momentum so I see them taking some chances until something goes wrong for them figuring their defense can bail them out of some offensive mistakes.

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
I don't think so the Texans have a new qb there is going to be growing pains I believe and our secondary isn't great but they are not as bad as most here think, and the d line is going to make think easier for them imo.

I feel like I'm an alien because I don't think the secondary is that bad. Was it bad in 2014? Bad wasn't even the word.. It was absolute garbage. 2015 tho? It was not horrible... And it should get better this year as the younger players gain more experience.

I think 2014's secondary is still too fresh on the mind for some people. And They will be surprised by how well they actually play

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
24-21 Texans, I don't have any confidence in our offensive tackles against their ends. We will be able to run, but won't be able to throw, even when they stack the box.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Easy...Texans 0 / Bears 38

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BearsKoolaid.jpg

2ROGe6g.jpg
Moar pixels.