Upcoming QB class…

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chad Kelly's profile might as well read "Jay Cutler's Son".

Davis Webb

Start watching him now because he is going to scream up rankings and board. Webb is 6'5" 230lbs, can run, and has one of the biggest arms in the entire draft class. He is going to produce huge numbers for Cal and did so at Texas Tech before he was injured and lost his job.

Webb is intriguing, i plan on trying to catch some of his games to see what he has. I watched a little of Hawaii and came away impressed

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Ok. So where are we at with this?
How about this plan?
Seems we will have enough cap space to pick up enough free agents to fill all other positions except for QB.
Draft by round:
1) Kinzer/Watson
2) Kaaya
3) Webb
4) Mahommes
4) Beathard
5) Kiel
7) Lunt
Ok, Lunt has zero chance in the NFL....just trying to help a fellow Illini.
I have zero faith in anyone in the organization being able to tell who is the best or develop them. But one of these 7 has to be NFL material....right?
We carry all 7 on the roster. Why not, we only dress 46 of the 53 anyway.
Each QB is then assigned two games to play, with the top 2 picks getting an extra game.
And we go old school. Take the OC right out of it. Each QB has to study his assigned opponent and will be responsible for calling his own plays.
At the end of the year we should be able to figure it out or at least narrow it down significantly.
2018, we go back to a normal draft and have this QB shit behind us.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Ok. So where are we at with this?
How about this plan?
Seems we will have enough cap space to pick up enough free agents to fill all other positions except for QB.
Draft by round:
1) Kinzer/Watson
2) Kaaya
3) Webb
4) Mahommes
4) Beathard
5) Kiel
7) Lunt
Ok, Lunt has zero chance in the NFL....just trying to help a fellow Illini.
I have zero faith in anyone in the organization being able to tell who is the best or develop them. But one of these 7 has to be NFL material....right?
We carry all 7 on the roster. Why not, we only dress 46 of the 53 anyway.
Each QB is then assigned two games to play, with the top 2 picks getting an extra game.
And we go old school. Take the OC right out of it. Each QB has to study his assigned opponent and will be responsible for calling his own plays.
At the end of the year we should be able to figure it out or at least narrow it down significantly.
2018, we go back to a normal draft and have this QB shit behind us.

Kiel has been a 3rd string QB until this week, Beathard's mechanics are yuck, Mahommes is likely to stay another year, but who knows depending on how everything breaks down.

Next year could be a loaded year for QB's with Lamarr Jackson, Josh Rosen, Drew Lock, Jarrett Stidham, Kyle Allen, etc... so it might be to some of these guys benefits(Namely Kizer, Falk, Mahommes, Kaaya) to forego that final year.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Kizer is worth two firsts and a second. He will be the next Rodgers, but better.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Anyone like Patrick Mahomes from TexasTech? I like the way this kid plays

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Anyone like Patrick Mahomes from TexasTech? I like the way this kid plays

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes, I love the tools Mahomes is working with. He's very skittish in the pocket though and needs to work on his footwork as it lt looks like he doesn't step into his throws sometimes. The free wheeling stuff he does outside of the pocket works in College, but is not gonna be there in the pro's. Kind of a funky release, but at least it comes out fast and I think it can be worked on. Not even getting into the offense that they run at TT. I'm not one to really pay attention to systems, but yeaahhhh they have something figured out over there at TT. Laser arm, he's made some crazy throws in terms of ball placement before and has good accuracy.Above average mobility and great escapability. He's a gamer and I could not be mad with that pick.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The next Connor Cook?!?

Jury is still out on Cook. Watson is 10 times better than Connor and then some. Kizer has put up good 4th quarter numbers against prevent defenses after he shit the bed for the 1st 3.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
CJ Beathard update:
12 of 23 for 162 yards and 1 TD vs Rutgers....

I'm convinced anyone that thinks this stiff is a draftable NFL QB has never actually watched him play.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
CJ Beathard update:
12 of 23 for 162 yards and 1 TD vs Rutgers....

I'm convinced anyone that thinks this stiff is a draftable NFL QB has never actually watched him play.

Beathard update:
19-27
204 yards
1 TD
1 INT
Loss to N'Western

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
CJ Beathard update:

Got his chance to play for one of the worst teams in the NFL and he didn't look bad either. Down 17 and they only lose by 2. He doesn't have three times as many interceptions as touchdowns like another quarterback playing for one of the worst teams.