The Fantasy Advice Thread!

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Managed to sneak into the playoffs at 6-7. I was up 30 going into the Indy game and he had T.Y. left. I was real nervous for awhile. Anyways, my team has turned into a cluster fuck recently with the injuries to CJ and Gronk and suspension of AJ. Please pick my RB's and WR's. I can play 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 Flex. I seem to have some solid depth, but can never start the right guys.

RBs:
Melvin @Car
Lamar Miller @Ind
Thomas Rawls @GB
Rob Kelly @Phil

WRs:
Baldwin @ GB
Davonte Adams vs. Sea
Jamison Crowder @ Phil
Stefon Diggs @ Jax

I currently have Baldwin and Crowder and Diggs at WR1, WR2 and Flex. Then Melvin and Lamar Miller at RB. I'm tempted to start Rawls, but he plays @GB and they have a surprisingly good run defense. Curious as to your guys thoughts.

Your lineup is spot on with what I would do, and watching Rawls last week, I might play Rawls over Diggs at flex.

If you think you'll need the chance at a big game, I'd play Rawls. The Packers D is solid against the run, but the Jaguars D is solid against the pass. Also, looking at the numbers, part of why the Packers D is ranked so highly against the run is because teams aren't running much against them.

If it's PPR, I'd probably roll Diggs, and .5 PPR or standard, I'd take a chance on Rawls.

Mitchapalooza

I picked up Inman too because my opponent has rivers. Still go with mitchell? Could be nice if one of rivers tds goes to Inman if I start him. But still leaning towards Mitchell

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I picked up Inman too because my opponent has rivers. Still go with mitchell? Could be nice if one of rivers tds goes to Inman if I start him. But still leaning towards Mitchell

Much tougher call. I probably lean Inman in this case. I like Mitchell, and think he will get opportunities, but that Carolina defense is super friendly to receivers. Add that the Panthers likely put up some points, causing Rivers to have to keep up, it certainly makes that a pretty appealing one.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your lineup is spot on with what I would do, and watching Rawls last week, I might play Rawls over Diggs at flex.

If you think you'll need the chance at a big game, I'd play Rawls. The Packers D is solid against the run, but the Jaguars D is solid against the pass. Also, looking at the numbers, part of why the Packers D is ranked so highly against the run is because teams aren't running much against them.

If it's PPR, I'd probably roll Diggs, and .5 PPR or standard, I'd take a chance on Rawls.

I'm leaning Rawls, I think. Higher risk, higher reward. You gotta risk it to get the biscuit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm leaning Rawls, I think. Higher risk, higher reward. You gotta risk it to get the biscuit.
When it comes to the playoffs, you might as well go for broke, especially as someone with the last spot.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When it comes to the playoffs, you might as well go for broke, especially as someone with the last spot.

Easy. I scored the 2nd most points in the league. Just always seemed to play the team that scored 150.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Easy. I scored the 2nd most points in the league. Just always seemed to play the team that scored 150.
If I'm able to make the playoffs in one league (4 teams make the playoffs so it only spans weeks 15 and 16) I'll basically have the same story.

In my other league I made the playoffs in the 4th spot, but my points against is the 3rd highest and my points for is the 3rd lowest. Fantasy football is a fickle thing.

Mitchapalooza

Much tougher call. I probably lean Inman in this case. I like Mitchell, and think he will get opportunities, but that Carolina defense is super friendly to receivers. Add that the Panthers likely put up some points, causing Rivers to have to keep up, it certainly makes that a pretty appealing one.
Yeah it's gonna be a tough one

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If I'm able to make the playoffs in one league (4 teams make the playoffs so it only spans weeks 15 and 16) I'll basically have the same story.

In my other league I made the playoffs in the 4th spot, but my points against is the 3rd highest and my points for is the 3rd lowest. Fantasy football is a fickle thing.

FF is quite possibly one of the most frustrating things I do.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah it's gonna be a tough one

Honestly, when I have a toss up situation I look at the ESPN ranks and just go with whoever is ranked higher. You can obviously delve more into it and lookup match ups with CBs and weather conditions do become important this time of year. Always smart to check and see if it will be a slop fest like the Bears played in last week.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FF is quite possibly one of the most frustrating things I do.
Yeah FF and playing stupid Clash Royale on my phone are probably two of the most frustrating things I could choose to do, and yet here I am

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ladarius Green @ Buf or Ebron vs Bears?

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Ladarius Green @ Buf or Ebron vs Bears?

I hate picking between tight ends. Ebron has the nagging knee issue, but is playing in a dome vs. Green out in the snow.

I'm going to say Ebron. Injuries on the Bears D, plus the climate control make life a little easier for him, even with the nagging knee issue.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I have a RB issue....I have Bell, Howard, Forte, and L Murray. I can start 3 of those 4. Bell is the no brainer. So it is 2 of the 3 that are left. Forte is going against SF and my typical rule for this year is always play the RB going against SF. Howard has been playing great and had 100+ yards against Detroit the first time they played. Murray has been playing great since he returned from injury. So which RB would yall sit?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a RB issue....I have Bell, Howard, Forte, and L Murray. I can start 3 of those 4. Bell is the no brainer. So it is 2 of the 3 that are left. Forte is going against SF and my typical rule for this year is always play the RB going against SF. Howard has been playing great and had 100+ yards against Detroit the first time they played. Murray has been playing great since he returned from injury. So which RB would yall sit?
What a luxury decision. I'd sit Forte simply because he's been doing the worst of the bunch lately.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
What a luxury decision. I'd sit Forte simply because he's been doing the worst of the bunch lately.

Bell, Howard, and Forte were drafted...Murray was dropped and I had been sitting on the #1 waiver priority all year, so I had to make the claim.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bell, Howard, and Forte were drafted...Murray was dropped and I had been sitting on the #1 waiver priority all year, so I had to make the claim.
Well, way to capitalize on someone's foolishness.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Bell and Howard. Murray plays KC in KC on TNF. Thursday games blow usually and he's playing a tough D. It's tough to sit Forte with that matchup, but the Jets are in shambles right now. I think Howard is the safest option.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

It took 10 weeks for that shit to start leveling out for me. I've been the highest scoring or within 20 points of the highest, all season. I finished 8-5 with the most points and the 5th seed. And I had to win the last 3 to get in. Ain't that a bitch?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I'd personally sit Murray. Forte is facing the most points allowed defense for FFB RBs. And Murray plays tonight. Those games tend to be sloppy. I hate that I have Carr and Cooper going tonight.