Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So surely Brees will force feed Cooks this week, right?

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Alright, need a little lineup help as I limp into the playoffs.

Which of the following for flex spot:

Eifert or Ajayi? Olsen has a terrible matchup against the Seahawks, but I still don't know that benching him for Eifert would be great.

Which receiver to start: Tyler Boyd or Sammy Watkins (who missed practice with a sore foot...ugghhh)?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Eifert or Ajayi? Olsen has a terrible matchup against the Seahawks, but I still don't know that benching him for Eifert would be great.

Which receiver to start: Tyler Boyd or Sammy Watkins (who missed practice with a sore foot...ugghhh)?
I think you could go either way with Eifert and Ajayi, both will get consistent looks. I'd go Boyd on the WRs. Watkins is a risky play at this point.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I think you could go either way with Eifert and Ajayi, both will get consistent looks. I'd go Boyd on the WRs. Watkins is a risky play at this point.

Yeah, the Watkins pickup was really meant to be depth going into the playoffs until I lost A.J. and Alshon. Last week, Boyd and Watkins put up the same points, with Watkins playing a small portion of snaps. I was hoping he'd come into this week with no foot problems, but when he was held out of practice, it changed things drastically. He will likely be on the bench again this week.

The only saving grace this week is that my opponent is missing his best player due to bye week (D. Murray).

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I'd go Ajayi. For the record, Olsen hasn't done shit for a while. Only one game since his bye over 5, and he's been outscored by Eifert every week except one, including the last 3. Eifert gets a lot of targets. Watkins is back at practice today and has a matchup with Oakland where points are likely needed. Boyd's the safer play, but Watkins has much higher upside.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I'd go Ajayi. For the record, Olsen hasn't done shit for a while. Only one game since his bye over 5, and he's been outscored by Eifert every week except one, including the last 3. Eifert gets a lot of targets. Watkins is back at practice today and has a matchup with Oakland where points are likely needed. Boyd's the safer play, but Watkins has much higher upside.

All things I had bouncing around in my head. Olsen hasn't been great recently, and is going up against a top 3 TE defense. Meanwhile, Eifert should continue to get fed with Green out.

I might delay my decision until Saturday night on Watkins. I also grabbed M. Wilson as another option at receiver going against a very bad 49ers defense.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Seattle D against TEs is worse than Phi. Both are pretty good. Eifert is a much better red zone threat. Philly gives up a lot of TE TDs, 5th most. I usually don't make final decisions until Sunday morning, but in your situation, I might go for the high rewards in Eifert and Watkins over Olsen and Boyd knowing full well I might get burned. This way, you aren't as pissed if you make the wrong choice. You have to be willing to accept those moves might not work out. I'd feel pretty confident with Eifert over Olsen right now though. Olsen is really struggling the last 3 weeks, and the matchup doesn't leave much to be desired.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Seattle D against TEs is worse than Phi. Both are pretty good. Eifert is a much better red zone threat. Philly gives up a lot of TE TDs, 5th most. I usually don't make final decisions until Sunday morning, but in your situation, I might go for the high rewards in Eifert and Watkins over Olsen and Boyd knowing full well I might get burned. This way, you aren't as pissed if you make the wrong choice. You have to be willing to accept those moves might not work out. I'd feel pretty confident with Eifert over Olsen right now though. Olsen is really struggling the last 3 weeks, and the matchup doesn't leave much to be desired.

It wasn't pretty, but I managed to win to cling on to 3rd place going into the playoffs. Thanks for the help!

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
this week carr against the chiefs or goff against the falcons?
goff has the bigger upside as he'll probably throw a ton since they will be trailing but also had a poor showing against the pats.
carr didnt play against the cheifs earlier in the season at home and take on the chiefs on the road with houston back in the lineup...

who should i start?

Mitchapalooza

I have Matt Ryan and Julio. Do I play Gabriel in the flex? Other Flex options are Starks, Dion Lewis or Mitchell from NE.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
this week carr against the chiefs or goff against the falcons?
goff has the bigger upside as he'll probably throw a ton since they will be trailing but also had a poor showing against the pats.
carr didnt play against the cheifs earlier in the season at home and take on the chiefs on the road with houston back in the lineup...

who should i start?

In a case like this, with such a wide talent gap, I think you have to start Carr. Goff has 1 ok game and two pretty bad ones. While Carr had a rough game against the Chiefs the first time, he still has the better odds of putting up points. The Chiefs have a good defense, but still give up quite a few points to QB's on average. I don't think I could trust Goff, even against the Falcons, until I saw enough to tell me he can take advantage.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I have Matt Ryan and Julio. Do I play Gabriel in the flex? Other Flex options are Starks, Dion Lewis or Mitchell from NE.

Even though it's against Baltimore, I like Mitchell for the volume. No Amendola or Gronk means Mitchell is likely to continue to see targets. If PPR, I really like Mitchell. If not, I could see going Gabriel for the big play hopes.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
ok one more scenario...i have mike wallace, rishard matthews, gabriel and thielen...which two do you start...im thinking wallace and matthews but gabriel keeps popping in my head...im guessing thielen will face either ramsey or amukamara both are a bad matchup...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I'd go Mitchell. I think its suicide to start 3 players on the same team. If for some reason the game is a flop, you're done.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
ok one more scenario...i have mike wallace, rishard matthews, gabriel and thielen...which two do you start...im thinking wallace and matthews but gabriel keeps popping in my head...im guessing thielen will face either ramsey or amukamara both are a bad matchup...

I would be more comfortable with Matthews and Gabriel in this scenario. Pats and Jags are both very good defending the pass, which makes Wallace and Thielen tough matchups.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I'd go Mitchell. I think its suicide to start 3 players on the same team. If for some reason the game is a flop, you're done.

Agree with this, not to mention they have 2 good running backs who can end up taking over a game as well. Gabriel is a good play if you don't already have Julio playing, otherwise, try to spread it out to avoid an all or nothing scenario.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Managed to sneak into the playoffs at 6-7. I was up 30 going into the Indy game and he had T.Y. left. I was real nervous for awhile. Anyways, my team has turned into a cluster fuck recently with the injuries to CJ and Gronk and suspension of AJ. Please pick my RB's and WR's. I can play 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 Flex. I seem to have some solid depth, but can never start the right guys.

RBs:
Melvin @Car
Lamar Miller @Ind
Thomas Rawls @GB
Rob Kelly @Phil

WRs:
Baldwin @ GB
Davonte Adams vs. Sea
Jamison Crowder @ Phil
Stefon Diggs @ Jax

I currently have Baldwin and Crowder and Diggs at WR1, WR2 and Flex. Then Melvin and Lamar Miller at RB. I'm tempted to start Rawls, but he plays @GB and they have a surprisingly good run defense. Curious as to your guys thoughts.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I would be more comfortable with Matthews and Gabriel in this scenario. Pats and Jags are both very good defending the pass, which makes Wallace and Thielen tough matchups.

your not worried about matthews and his matchup with the broncos talib/harris jr/roby?

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
your not worried about matthews and his matchup with the broncos talib/harris jr/roby?

Always worried about a guy going against the Broncos D. But Matthews is filling the number 1 role, while the others are 2's at best. So if all 3 are going against good defenses, give me the guy who is most likely to get the targets.

It's a personal preference in this scenario though. There's no clear cut choice. I could see going Wallace instead, as I suspect they will have to throw alot.

Thielen did ok last week, but I think in general you are looking at a high floor, low ceiling guy unless Diggs gets hurt again (8-12 points is probably what you can generally expect). If PPR, he would be a consideration against the Jags just for the checkdown passes racking up points.

Go with your gut though. None of these are good matchups, so you have to take a calculated risk.