Nick Kwiatkowski, Deon Rush, and Deiondre Hall

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Siemien is better than Hoyer and Barkley. I know this is a tired argument, but I'll still say Brissett has legit arm talent. If you scout full time for a living, can't you find a qb? Why is this so arcane for the Bears?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ya wtf is with all of these NFL teams lame ass scouts not being able to find a Tom Brady for every team in the league.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Siemien is better than Hoyer and Barkley. I know this is a tired argument, but I'll still say Brissett has legit arm talent. If you scout full time for a living, can't you find a qb? Why is this so arcane for the Bears?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Siemian
TD–INT: 1–3
Passing yards: 444
Passer rating: 74.4
This, when not asked to do much. Is Siemian better than Shaw? Would Denver be playing Hoyer if he was there? Is either guy who you want behind center? Shit happens.

I was all in on Brissett but you have to admit that you didn't expect him to be taken in 3. He's playing tonight. Will be fun to watch. That NE took Jacoby that early should tell you something about how they really feel about Garoppolo's arm strength. They are lining guys up for Brady's retirement. We're still shaking the box and hoping things fall into place. It's not Pace's fault though I was pissed we didn't draft Prescott when having the luxury of 3 4ths.

I also think Kwiatkowski was a solid pick. I would have passed on Bush for Prescott.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Well, apparently the verdict is in. Two weeks into the season, and 3 fourth rounders have been declared busts.

G'night folks. Drive safely!

Can you read? WOULD BE, I said. Not IS. For all the middle school drop outs on CCS, please learn how to read before posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
yeah, ok, but he's had the same HC for his entire career, a HOF HC who will go down in history as one of the best ever. same could be said for Rodgers and the stability and great coaching he's been around.

as some of you know, i'm among the first to bash Cutler (can't stand the guy, to be honest), but i cannot help but imagine if he'd have been drafted by Belichick and spent his career surrounded by his staff and that winning culture. what if he'd gone to GB, carried a clipboard for a couple of years while learning from and backing up Farve before being handed the reigns? as poorly as Jay has done learning, growing and improving, it's not like he's had a golden situation around him in which to thrive (certainly not with coaching or GM's personnel, something both Brady and Rodgers have enjoyed and benefited from.

and lastly, can we quit friggin' blasting Pace? following Angelo/Lovie and Emery/Trestman, the cupboard was virtually bare. Ryan had - and has - more holes to fill than any franchise in the league. he HAD to believe that he could get 1-2 years of at least stable production from Cutty, to buy time to fill the unbelievable number of holes all throughout this shitty roster. had he picked a QB in the 3rd, 4th or after, that guy had virtually no chance of contributing in the next 1 or, more likely, 2 years anyway. he needed to fill in holes in hopes that these other guys (Whitehare, Hall, Bush, Kwit, Howard, etc) would contribute asap, something you are less likely to get from a QB in middle to later rounds.

basically, thanks to Angelo/Lovester and Emery/Trestman, he did not have the luxury of taking a QB. it was an approach/gamble he was pretty much forced to take. and for cryin' out loud, remember that Grasu (our starting C) tears his ACL, not one but two quality FA OL's up and retire before the season. i mean, WTF, people! what is the guy supposed to do?

it's going to take anyone, Pace or Parcels or Teddy friggin Wolf, years to recover from the absolutely terrible personnel management going back to Angelo's beginnings!

honestly, can folks STFU about the job Pace is doing?!

I was joking with my post but to let Pace off the hook for not drafting a QB because of his predecessors is just stupid. No matter how many holes there are on a team you do not ignore the most glaring hole/need which is QB. Pace needed to draft someone to start to develop, and yes, he would have played sooner rather than later because Cutler gets hurt every year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you think we could trade something for Bryce Petty. Jets willing? He was my 4th round hope of last year that didn't fall to us. I thought he might come free in final cuts because they had selected Hackenberg in 2 this year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If Tony Romo's body wasn't falling apart we'd never know about Dak.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that Tom Waddle said it best on the show on Tuesday.

The macro [big picture] for the Bears is not going to be good this season. They are not a good team and have coaching issues.

He said Pace needs some micro wins. Kevin White having a big game, Leonard Floyd developing some pass rush each week, Jordan Howard establishing himself as a lead back.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
LOL yeah, let's bitch about fourth-round picks two games into their rookie seasons. Some of you fucking people will find anything to whine about.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You have three picks in the 4th round. Selecting three busts would be pure incompetence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picking three busts in the 4th round isn't that hard at all and out of the 32 picks in the 4th round there's a good chance that at least half or more will be busts.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
LOL yeah, let's bitch about fourth-round picks two games into their rookie seasons. Some of you fucking people will find anything to whine about.

Calm down, Homer. Some of us are pissed that we've made the playoffs one time in the past 9 years. Some of us are pissed that we've failed on a spectacular level six consecutive seasons. Some of are pissed that we are an embarrassment of a franchise.

It's great that accept being loser - but some of us won't accept it.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Picking three busts in the 4th round isn't that hard at all and out of the 32 picks in the 4th round there's a good chance that at least half or more will be busts.

No crap picking three busts isn't hard. Any can do it - and apparently Ryan Pace is one of them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Rodgers has been around Mike McCarthy...I wouldn't call that great coaching. I would guess that Rodgers has kept McCarthy as HC of the Packers moreso than Rodgers being a mere 'product' of McCarthy's coaching acumen.

As for Brady, he has had numerous OCs throughout his career. The only difference between him and Cutler is that Brady's OCs usually left to take HC jobs...Cutler's OCs were usually fired.

Belichick would never tolerate Cutler. He makes too many mistakes. Cutler is like a poor man's Drew Bledsoe, and it seemed like part of the reason for the Patriots immediate success with Brady was because Belichick's team was designed for a QB like Brady instead of Bledsoe.

Belicheck would put a team around J.Cutler unlike he's had with the Bears and when he has had good players around he's actually played pretty well. J.Cutler on the Patriots would be much different then J.Cutler on the Bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Every day, all day

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Rodgers has been around Mike McCarthy...I wouldn't call that great coaching. I would guess that Rodgers has kept McCarthy as HC of the Packers moreso than Rodgers being a mere 'product' of McCarthy's coaching acumen.

As for Brady, he has had numerous OCs throughout his career. The only difference between him and Cutler is that Brady's OCs usually left to take HC jobs...Cutler's OCs were usually fired.

Belichick would never tolerate Cutler. He makes too many mistakes. Cutler is like a poor man's Drew Bledsoe, and it seemed like part of the reason for the Patriots immediate success with Brady was because Belichick's team was designed for a QB like Brady instead of Bledsoe.

big difference in jay & Brady.....work ethic and the desire to improve. Has jay ever improved

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Really excited to see Kwiatowski and D Hall. Super impressed with the Bears corners past two games, that breakup in the endzone was a thing of beauty.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why you HAVE to take a shot every couple years at least. No one knows how these guys will play in the NLF. You have to take some chances.

Pace really opened himself up to criticism on this one by announcing early on his philosophy was to draft a QB every year....and then he's failed to do it in either of his drafts.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm still fuzzy on this Deon Rush guy.