CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I said it in another thread, but I think Fox has really usurped Pace at Lake Forest. I think it started last year with the Ray McDonald signing that was bungled from the beginning. I think Fox has taken advantage of Pace's age, and this is the results. I would expect/hope that Pace comes out the winner in this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Now that I'm really thinking about it: the whole idea of Pace hiring Fox seems out of place. You bring in a young GM, but then goes off an hires a journeyman coach? Makes no sense. Whether this derpturd thing about Bowles is correct, or even if you went with Gase right off the bat - seems illogical to me that you wouldn't try to match up the coach with the GM.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
If we shit the bed yet again and get clobbered by the Motor City Kitties....

I would be absolutely 100% okay with forcing Fox to fire Dowell Loggains.
Immediately replace him with who PACE and FANGIO actually feel is the brightest young mind on the offensive staff (Ragone?!, whoever). Fuck it. We already look dysfunctional, ill prepared, predictable, etc. MAYBE we have a diamond in the rough on our staff, but Loggains is an absolute shit stain and can go fuck himself.

If we suck for another week or two, immediately fire Fox. Period. Replace him with Fangio and let Vic decide if he wants to keep calling plays or not.

Then you have essentially 11 or so games with a new HC and a new OC (And maybe even DC) left for Pace decide if that recipe, or parts of that recip, works moving forward.

I don't agree with everything Pace has done by any stretch of the imagination, but you have to let the dude pick his own coach. Maybe Fox is a joke at this point of his career and is getting exposed. If I have to hear that ass hat say "This game is only fun when you win" while still continuing to have the flattest, least prepared team in the fucking league including the Browns... I am gonna punch a puppy. And I fucking love dogs.

I still think the jury is out on Kevin White and he is one of those guys that probably won't explode until year 3. Anybody that saw him as 'polished' coming out doesn't pay attention. If we were a good team we wouldn't be freaking out that he is progressing a little slowly. This is pretty common for size/speed guys that had zero reason to learn the nuances of the game at the college level. Calm your tits. Floyd and Bullard flashed some in the preseason, and although Biff annoys me too, he is 100% right about pass rushers typically taking time to hone their craft at this level. Goldman shows a lot of promise. Amos has looked decent this season. Kwiatkowski shows some toughness and aggressiveness. I think Whitehair looks like a 10-12 year starter. Not addressing the tackle position with people that can, ya know... play tackle certainly pisses me off. However, some of the young DB's look promising (remember, Fuller is not a Pace guy) even if they haven't 'arrived yet. I actually think the lack of pass rush has put them in real tough spots. Howard also seems like he might be a player, etc.

He didn't yet replace Jay probably bc he wants to rid himself of Fox first. I say fuck it, let him do it. IF, and its a big if..., but IF the young guys step up over the last 10-11 games or so, you have to believe with a pretty high pick, as well as extra picks, we can improve moving forward. Fox looked good on paper coming in, but he strikes me as an arrogant coach with average intelligence that has too much ego to realize he's fucking lost it.

We get blown out by 21 points against Detroit at home I am okay with firing him that night and having a press conference on Monday.

This team is so boring I honestly skip through much of the game on game pass. It's just a shit show. I have been watching religiously since I was 9 years old. In 27 years as a football fan I honestly haven't tuned a team out this much.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If we shit the bed yet again and get clobbered by the Motor City Kitties....

I would be absolutely 100% okay with forcing Fox to fire Dowell Loggains.
Immediately replace him with who PACE and FANGIO actually feel is the brightest young mind on the offensive staff (Ragone?!, whoever). Fuck it. We already look dysfunctional, ill prepared, predictable, etc. MAYBE we have a diamond in the rough on our staff, but Loggains is an absolute shit stain and can go fuck himself.

If we suck for another week or two, immediately fire Fox. Period. Replace him with Fangio and let Vic decide if he wants to keep calling plays or not.

Why would Fangio get to decide who should be OC? Why should Fangio get to call plays?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Now that I'm really thinking about it: the whole idea of Pace hiring Fox seems out of place. You bring in a young GM, but then goes off an hires a journeyman coach? Makes no sense. Whether this derpturd thing about Bowles is correct, or even if you went with Gase right off the bat - seems illogical to me that you wouldn't try to match up the coach with the GM.
Why don't you ask your crossfit bros who know the Mccaskeys?

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
So lets review. Bears did not hire Arians because he wanted Todd Boyles for DC and they wanted to keep Marinelli. Arians now considered one of best HC's in NFL. Elway fired Fox we now learn because Fox did a poor job of disciplining the Broncos. Bears winless this season have played lacking discipline and urgency. We also have learned that Pace and Fox have disagreed on psnl decisions but the owners have given Fox more power than Pace. Bears acquisitions have been a little heavy on defense and have let go of older established offensive guys. This appears to be influenced by Fox. Pace has drafted two guys in the 2nd round that look to be high quality linemen so he has shown some ability as GM but he is still learning on the job as this is only the beginning of his 2nd year as GM. The jury is still out on his 1st round picks. Conclusion the Bears problems start with the owners and Ted Philips using piss poor judgment. Next level of blame goes to the top 3 coaches with Fangio only one who seems to be worth keeping. The Players and Pace are next in line for blame.

However Pace and the players have had overall IMO shown more promise than the owners/Philips Fox and Logains. Oh yeah Cutler is still running for his life half the time as he has had to do in all his years as Bears QB. Cutler had his best season ever with Gase a very very good OC and an offense with lots of injuries especially at wideout.

czman

Liked Posts:
So perpetually shitty team is dysfunctional from the top down. You don't say. In other news; water is wet.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
Why would Fangio get to decide who should be OC? Why should Fangio get to call plays?

Because in my scenario... we are making Vic Fangio the interim head coach, and clearly Fox fucked up big time by promoting Dowell Loggains, so he is not allowed to pick the midget's replacement.

And what I meant by Vic will get to decide if he still calls plays, I meant defensively. Or he could promote Donatell and have Donatell call plays.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it possible to shame Fox by not firing him but forcing him to be an assistant HC and give Fangio the HC responsibilities? More or less pushing Fox to quit instead of firing him and owing him 3+ years of pay.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Benching players is commonplace. I am talking about essentially demoting a HC from HC without firing him. Which in reality if its even possible is a huge slap in the face.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Told you peeps Fox and Pace were going to fail

To be fair it's not exactly difficult predicting failure for anything Chicago Bears related. 9 times out of 10 this franchise will pick the wrong choice. Coaches, players, executives, it doesn't really matter.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
To be fair it's not exactly difficult predicting failure for anything Chicago Bears related. 9 times out of 10 this franchise will pick the wrong choice. Coaches, players, executives, it doesn't really matter.
Not buying it. The whole forum went Beiber when Pace and Fox were hired. I was one of the lone dissenting views

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The OP makes good points when he points out how GMs have been forced to take HCs that were not their guys, HCs were forced to take assistants.

Anyone who doesn't think that this clueless family isn't still calling the shots and not allowing the football people they hire to have control are just fucking stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you want to get to the root of the infection, it's the perpetual meddling of a McCaskey family member along with sweat ted in their desperate attempt to show relevance in football operations. Angelo is forced to take Jauron; Emery is forced to take Smith; Arians is told he'll have to take Marinelli; Marinelli is told he'll be forced to take Trestman, and now reports are emerging that Pace was forced to take Fox.

What an absolute dysfunctional mess...

Emery is forced to take Smith;

...well that resulted in a trip 2 da SB