ESPN Drops Bomb About Ryan Pace and John Fox

billwade

Liked Posts:
Something rotten is going on with the Chicago Bears. Everybody knew they weren’t the most talented team in the league. Even so, after a solid off-season expectations were they could push for a .500 record and maybe even a wild card playoff berth. Instead they’ve come out looking about as bad as any Bears team has in recent memory. They are 0-3, losing back-to-back blowout games to rookie quarterbacks. It doesn’t get much more humiliating than that.

This doesn’t look or feel like a team united. The discipline is breaking down. Injuries are rampant. Fans have already broken out the paper bags. What in the world is going on? Such problems always must be explored at the top. It looked like things were all hunky dory at the end of 2015. GM Ryan Pace and head coach John Fox had a plan and went into the 2016 off-season hoping to execute it.

As time has gone on though something changed. Rumors persist that the unity is just a facade. In fact there may be a rift forming between the two that is having a direct impact on how the Bears continue to perform on the field. It also could hint at major changes being on the horizon. The question becomes what exactly those changes will be, and how did things come to this?

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/09/espn-drops-bomb-about-ryan-pace-and-john-fox/

billwade

Liked Posts:
If you want to get to the root of the infection, it's the perpetual meddling of a McCaskey family member along with sweat ted in their desperate attempt to show relevance in football operations. Angelo is forced to take Jauron; Emery is forced to take Smith; Arians is told he'll have to take Marinelli; Marinelli is told he'll be forced to take Trestman, and now reports are emerging that Pace was forced to take Fox.

What an absolute dysfunctional mess...

Liked Posts:
Fire Philips, Fire Fox, and allow Pace one more HC hire. Get rid of Jay (I love the guy but it's been time), keep Hoyer for one more year while we groom the first over all pick in the draft.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ehh, just a bunch of click bait tabloid shit without any real proof. The fact is Fox seemed like a good hire at the time. But whether or not any of this is true Pace should re-evaluate the HC spot this season.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
paceandfox.jpg

They look like pals to me.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Pace did look uber pissed in the press box. Meanwhile Fox was chewing gum looking around not giving a shit.
Noticed how pissed Pace looked also.

I'll say it every damn time, Ted fuckin Phillips should be fired from anything in the Bears organization.

Ted Phillips: "Ryan (Pace) will report directly to me." #bears
HES BEEN THE DAMN PROBLEM WITH THIS ORGANIZATION.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are the chances Fox is phoning it in at this point?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Anyone thinking this was going to be a quick turnaround was/most probably is a tard.

Anyone thinking this is going to be a good team in 2017 is a tard.

Also, until we have an ownership change, I am afraid this franchise might just be doomed to mediocrity or worse. I DON'T just Michael to make good hires. I DON'T think Phillips has no say on football.

We are going to really have to suck (top 5 picks or thereabouts) for 2 yrs to get this ship moving in the right direction. We need a big infusion of young talent and a solution at the QB position....and it's going to have to come through the draft for the most part.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I stopped reading when they compared Trestman and Fox.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I can understand upper MGMT wanting to feel secure by hiring experience after the Trestman fiasco, but in reality if that isn't the guy Pace wanted they are just pointlessly handcuffing his "vision" and pushing shit down the road. Now we have to wonder if he is the guy going forward and if not then who?

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well, if Pace didn't want Fox and was forced to hire him, then that might explain why he hasn't drafted a QB his first 2 drafts. If he doesn't trust the ability of Fox to develop a QB, then I think we might have our answer why (in a round about way) he has held onto Jay.

engbear

Liked Posts:
Anyone notice how Fox seems to spend a large portion of the game trying to get his headset to work ? No wonder he looks confused all the the time.
Also spotted him sigh in dismay as after review the ref overturned a call in the Bears favour. Seems he's so used to losing challenges it's a default reaction at this point.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Anyone thinking this was going to be a quick turnaround was/most probably is a tard.

Anyone thinking this is going to be a good team in 2017 is a tard.

Also, until we have an ownership change, I am afraid this franchise might just be doomed to mediocrity or worse. I DON'T just Michael to make good hires. I DON'T think Phillips has no say on football.

We are going to really have to suck (top 5 picks or thereabouts) for 2 yrs to get this ship moving in the right direction. We need a big infusion of young talent and a solution at the QB position....and it's going to have to come through the draft for the most part.

Fuck that. Good coaching and gameplanning can make any team look atleast competitive.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, an apt TL;DR for that article is that we fired a gutless HC in Trestman and replaced him with another gutless HC in Fox. Fan-fucking-tastic. Thanks Ernie. With recommendations like these who the fuck needs recommendations?