Blackhawks Preseason GDT

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought Campbell was fine. Edzo tried to harp on the turnover that led to the second PIT goal, but I think that was just Campbell expecting Forsling to be somewhere that he wasn't and that's something that'll happen with a 10+ year NHL veteran and a rookie playing together.

Unfortunately, I had to miss all of the third period. Up until then I liked what Campbell & Panik brought--even though Panik couldn't hit the broadside of both Mike and Molly.

Even so, You figure Campbell is slotted from best to 3rd d-man, and there are plenty of guys above Panik on the offensive depth chart. Darling looked good considering.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, I had to miss all of the third period. Up until then I liked what Campbell & Panik brought--even though Panik couldn't hit the broadside of both Mike and Molly.

Even so, You figure Campbell is slotted from best to 3rd d-man, and there are plenty of guys above Panik on the offensive depth chart. Darling looked good considering.

Absolutely not worried about the defense at all this year, which is weird given that it was my No. 1 concern last season. I think Campbell will solidify the top four along with 2-4-7 and the third pairing will be able to find two competent players among the 5 or 6 candidates.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Fortin and Schmaltz, along w/ Panik, were our best looking forwards last night.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I liked the Campbell-Forsling pairing....particularly on the PP. Forsling is really good at getting off lazer like 1-timers from the point and most importantly, getting those shots on net. I'd forgotten how smoothly and easily Campbell moves the puck out of the defensive zone.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Nice to see some of you guys coming out of hibernation now that we've got some puck talk again!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Thought that Motte had a real nice game tonight after looking overwhelmed the other night. Kempny looked pretty comfortable out there as well. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Schmaltz is given a chance at that 1lw position. He has nice bursts of speed and some real solid vision. Defensive play will improve under Q and would likely be fine if he had linemates like Toews/Hossa. Also, haven't been a big Hinostroza fan when it comes to him making the leap to the NHL but he has played really well in the first two pre-season games and looks like he has some confidence out there. O...and it would be nice to see them pot a goal.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forsling looks big and strong. Nice. Rozy better be on notice, because

Keith/Seabrooke/Hjalms/Cambell/TVR/ Forsling?

Rozy vs Svedstein vs Gus vs Kempny for #7? Holy shit....maybe we do have the trade pieces we need to fill out the top 12. Pokka has little shot, needs another 2-3 years of seasoning.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Saturday night roster:

CtsmQCkWcAEQ-ra.jpg:large

How about a goal this time, eh?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Line combos are interesting:

Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane
Panarin-Hinostroza-Panik
Motte-Krüger-Hartman
Mashinter-Rasmussen-Tootoo.

Schmaltz probably needs to light the lamp tonight if those are going to be his linemates. Also Hinostroza has been playing well so interested in how he works alongside Panarin.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If team USA can eventually score, some prospects can too.

That's such a frighteningly bad 4th line that you know will show up some early December days as a real game line inexplicably.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If team USA can eventually score, some prospects can too.

That's such a frighteningly bad 4th line that you know will show up some early December days as a real game line inexplicably.

yeah...but why is Tootoo even on the team? Why is that a thing to try, even in pre-season?

I like Hinotstroza winging for Kruger/Desjardins maybe. Get a good skater out there with them.

For my money

Schmaltz-Toews-Hossa
Pan-Anisimov-Kane
Motte-Rasmusin-Panik
Desjardins-Kruger-Hinostroza

Keith-Forsling
Seabs-Cambell
Hammer-TVR

Rozy

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think Tyler Motte is going to have a roster spot because he is quite good at in-zone D coverage and that is a quick way into the heart of one Joel Quenneville.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure I see a way short of injuries for Rozy to make this team. They got to start getting younger and while Kempny is not a kid like Forsling...they are both considerably younger than Rozy. If he's here, he's taking their minutes.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If they're both on the roster someone isn't playing every day

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Speaking of guys who shouldn't make the team...anyone have any good info as to why Svedberg hasn't been Rockforded yet? He'd been a Runblad-esque liability this preseason.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Speaking of guys who shouldn't make the team...anyone have any good info as to why Svedberg hasn't been Rockforded yet? He'd been a Runblad-esque liability this preseason.

The time will come. Svedberg and Pokka have both been pretty poor this pre-season. Two guys who needed to have good camps and they both came out flat so far.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The time will come. Svedberg and Pokka have both been pretty poor this pre-season. Two guys who needed to have good camps and they both came out flat so far.
Oh, I am sure it will; I was just griping about him. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk