Would you rather

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Would you rather see the Bears bottom out and grab a top pick for a QB next season OR turn the season around, end up 7-9 going 7-6 the rest of the season seeing the offensive line settle in, Kevin white shows his big playmaking ability, Howard establish himself as a #1, Amos get a couple TO, bush, kwitkowski, Bullard, Hall, Floyd start showing signs of optimisim and ability to become good players. Say we end up winning 3 of our division games.

I was listening to 670 this morning and they were talking about John Fox saying look at the panthers who turned around a terrible start to go 7-9, with the next year going to the Super Bowl.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bottom out. Bears don't have much of a choice in the matter anyways - they sucked coming into the season, and the high amount of injuries have only compounded that issue.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't take another 8-8, 7-9 or 6-10 season. I'd rather bottom out and get a top pick in the draft. Something we seriously need after years of being middle of the road.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I actually think the best-case scenario would be for the Bears to bottom out and still see progress from young guys like White, Floyd, Howard, etc.

The worst-case scenario would be for the veterans to continue to be the focus...Zach Miller catching TDs instead of White, Floyd only playing part of the time, Joke Bell vulturing carries from Jordan Howard, Bullard backup up Unrein, lots of Jay Cutler, etc....and the Bears still bottoming out.

Well said. I want to see more of Hall, Bush, Bullard and Howard. Hell, even Barkley. I think Bush has been hurt, maybe. When he's back though, Prosinski should never see the field. We are bad and there is no way around that, Fox/Pace might as well use the season to evaluate their draft picks to see what they have.

Rise

Liked Posts:
First thought is bottom out but in the scenario you presented I will take the 7-9 season. Why> Because it is on the backs of young talent which means we will have a real foundation to build this thing on. In your scenario White/Howard are young stars on offense, and we would have a staple of young stars on defense. Yes, we would still need that franchise QB but hopefully we can trade up for the one we want, or maybe even get lucky and he slips in the draft.

If we bottom out like it is looking like that means we have next to nothing. Yes, we would get our QB but he would have little to work with, hopefully he isn't the type to lose confidence when he struggles.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I actually think the best-case scenario would be for the Bears to bottom out and still see progress from young guys like White, Floyd, Howard, etc.

The worst-case scenario would be for the veterans to continue to be the focus...Zach Miller catching TDs instead of White, Floyd only playing part of the time, Joke Bell vulturing carries from Jordan Howard, Bullard backup up Unrein, lots of Jay Cutler, etc....and the Bears still bottoming out.

That!

Newblood

Liked Posts:

Lots of Jay is still the better option. Not like we have anyone worth looking at after him.
And if I have to watch Hoyer throw every pass out of bounds for fear of turning the ball the rest of the year, I will stab someone.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
100% I would like the later.

In the later you are saying Kevin White is a WR we can count on for Big plays. That is a huge relief, I remember not too long ago when Chicago could not find a decent WR. Also the later has 6 young defenseive players all taking the next step which would be huge for the Bears!

Now I know everyone wants us to draft a QB including myself, but you are asking would I rather have a Good team draft a QB in the middle of the draft or have a horrible team draft a QB with a top 5 pick.

Talent wise what is really the difference? Lets look at the QBs drafted in the last 5 Years

2012 woukd you rather have a chance at the top 4 or the bottom 4?
1 IND Luck
2 WAS RGIII
8 MIA Tannenhill
22 CLE Weeden

57 DEN Brock Osweiler
75 SEA Russel Wilson
88 PHIL Nick Foles
102 WAS Kirk Cousins

2013 Everyone is pretty much a bust, Glennon is probably the best
16 Bills EJ Manuel
39 Jets Geno Smith
73 Bucs Mike Glennon
98 PHIL Matt Barkley
115 PIT Landry Jones

2014 Again would you rather have the top 3 or bottom 3
3 Blake Bortles
22 Johnny Manziel
32 Teddy Bridgewater
36 Derek Carr
62 Jimmy Garoppolo
164 AJ McCarron

2015 This class is too early to decide
1 Jameis Winston Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2 Marcus Mariota Tennessee Titans
75 Garrett Grayson New Orleans Saints
89 Sean Mannion St. Louis Rams
103 Bryce Petty New York Jets
147 Brett Hundley Green Bay Packers
250 Trevor Siemian Denver Broncos

Wentz, Carson Pick 2, Round 1*(2) Eagles
Goff, Jared Pick 1, Round 1*(1) Rams
Lynch, Paxton Pick 26, Round 1*(26) Broncos
Hackenberg, Christian Pick 20, Round 2*(51) Jets
Brissett, Jacoby Pick 29, Round 3*(91) Patriots
Kessler, Cody Pick 31, Round 3*(93) Browns
Cook, Connor Pick 2, Round 4*(100) Raiders
Prescott, Dak Pick 37, Round 4*(135) Cowboys

So my point is the draft is a crapshoot. Why would anyone think it is better to take the top pick with a bad team spiraling out of control then have an average team that is surging? If you look at the top 10 team in the NFL over the last 5 years, when was the last time they had a top 5 pick? I don't know for sure but I would bet it was a long time before 5 years ago. The Colts are not counted because they were a 10-14 win team 9 years prior to them tanking for one year..

Monster

Liked Posts:
Would like Barkley to shock the world.
The Bears come together and finish 13-3 and win the SB.
Then repeat 3 times in a row going down as Greatest Team All Time.

Then the alarm went off...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would you rather see the Bears bottom out and grab a top pick for a QB next season OR turn the season around, end up 7-9 going 7-6 the rest of the season seeing the offensive line settle in, Kevin white shows his big playmaking ability, Howard establish himself as a #1, Amos get a couple TO, bush, kwitkowski, Bullard, Hall, Floyd start showing signs of optimisim and ability to become good players. Say we end up winning 3 of our division games.

I was listening to 670 this morning and they were talking about John Fox saying look at the panthers who turned around a terrible start to go 7-9, with the next year going to the Super Bowl.

Bottom out and get the QB. Another crack at .500 respectability with Cutler going forward should not be an aspiration.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Stop talking football.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So my point is the draft is a crapshoot. Why would anyone think it is better to take the top pick with a bad team spiraling out of control then have an average team that is surging? If you look at the top 10 team in the NFL over the last 5 years, when was the last time they had a top 5 pick? I don't know for sure but I would bet it was a long time before 5 years ago. The Colts are not counted because they were a 10-14 win team 9 years prior to them tanking for one year..
Who plays QB for the top 10 teams in the NFL over the last five years? More times than not, where did that top 10 team find their QB? What's been the coaching turnover rate of those teams? What's the development process for the QBs on those teams.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta love the meatball Bears fans that would rather continue living in 7-9 NFL purgatory than sacrifice 1 season bottoming out and securing a top pick. I mean it's not like we've just wasted 8 years of everyone's life waiting for Jay Cutler to deliver on all that supposed talent and potential or anything. What the fuck is 1 more season at this point, a season in which this team isn't sniffing the playoffs anyways... makes no sense.

It just blows my mind that people are so afraid of rolling the dice on a guy like Kizer or Watson out of fear he'll be a bust that they'd rather continue going nowhere, wasting even more time with a guy that's already a proven bust (Cutler). As if Cutler is some rare unicorn of talent we'll never be able to find ever again.

I mean clearly it's much better to continue trotting out Jay "0 fucks given" Cutler and drafting more bottom of the barrel 6th rounders (if we even take a QB at all). I mean just look at how much successs this method has brought us...
:bizarro::shot::facepalm:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of Jay is still the better option. Not like we have anyone worth looking at after him.
And if I have to watch Hoyer throw every pass out of bounds for fear of turning the ball the rest of the year, I will stab someone.

No it's not. Play Barkley at this point.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
I'd rather see them turn this thing around. Only 3 games in with 13 more to go. I'm going to enjoy every one of them. Football season only last so long. I'd like to start seeing improvement.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

I'm assuming you're joking

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Losing breads more losing. Pro players care nothing about some fucking college kid. They are worried about the direction of the team and their own employment and futures

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck losing it all. I'd rather see them turn it around and go all out winning. I'd love to see a cindarella story that in spite of and despite all those injuries, the players and coaching staff manage to rally. Morale is lifted, a fan base is thrilled, and as a whole we're vindicated.

Of course then I wake up. . . But seriously, fuck losing for draft. I get the strategy when the writing is on the wall, but psychologically--it's not in those players' make-ups. To compete and push to get this far just to blow it on purpose? eff that.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Losing breads more losing. Pro players care nothing about some fucking college kid. They are worried about the direction of the team and their own employment and futures

The direction of a team should not be driven by the short-term employment security of mediocre veterans concerned with losing their jobs.

A potential franchise QB for the next decade is relevant to the Bears' future. Tracy Porter's dream of a few more wins to get him a final contract in Tennessee or Oakland is not.