Pace is obsessed with finding the right QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If the writer is correct then he makes some decent points on why Pace hasn't found us a QB or hasn't taken any chances at the position so far. I realize it's just some writer saying what he thinks and have no idea if he has any inside info from Pace or someone around Pace so take it for what you will.

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/09/ryan-pace-obsessed-finding-right-qb-bears/

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sad part is he won't even draft a guy like Prescott with multiple 4th rounders thinking...this guy will be better than Falls and Jay can't make it through a season without a injury

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sad part is he won't even draft a guy like Prescott with multiple 4th rounders thinking...this guy will be better than Falls and Jay can't make it through a season without a injury

Well remember what was said in the article was that he wants to be sure and NOBODY was sure about Prescott before we saw him actually play and it said he still wanted to make sure he was building this team while he's looking for that QB. So maybe these kids he took in the 4th and before were kids that he really liked and saw them as players that can really help the team. I mean you can't fault the guy for not wanting to spend a draft pick on a QB and that QB not working out like 99% of the QB's drafted that late do right?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Well remember what was said in the article was that he wants to be sure and NOBODY was sure about Prescott before we saw him actually play and it said he still wanted to make sure he was building this team while he's looking for that QB. So maybe these kids he took in the 4th and before were kids that he really liked and saw them as players that can really help the team. I mean you can't fault the guy for not wanting to spend a draft pick on a QB and that QB not working out like 99% of the QB's drafted that late do right?

One can never be "sure" about a qb. Take a chance on a guy like Hundley or Prescott.

proton

Liked Posts:
There is nobody on this coaching staff who is capable of developing a youg qb anyway. So what difference does it make?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If he wants to keep his job, he better be fucking obsessed about it.

I think we're all as close to sure as we can be that he's gonna do everything possible to have a new young QB on this team next year which will most likely be in the next draft unless we fire Fox and hire McDaniels and McDaniels convinces him that HTJ isn't just a product of being a NE Patriot and it can't be a bad thing that he won't take a chance on any QB that he's not sure about.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is nobody on this coaching staff who is capable of developing a youg qb anyway. So what difference does it make?

You don't know that, you're just assuming.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
One can never be "sure" about a qb. Take a chance on a guy like Hundley or Prescott.

.....and I believe G.B. picked up Hundley right after we passed on him last year. We just seem to have a problem targeting Qb's who are leaders and winners.

Grizz

Liked Posts:

Yes, you can fault him for that. You need to take a chance on somebody, having a possibly good QB is a hell of a lot better than no QB because he wants to be "sure". If he's waiting until he's "sure" then he's never going to get a QB.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I hope it's mockery. Pace hasn't shown any obsession and he might not next draft either. He needs a lot of players to effectively fill any position. I think he's throwing a spitwad and hoping it sticks.

I'm just being negative.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree with Xero's previous comments on this - when he drafts "his guy" is when his clock really starts ticking, so he's holding off as long as possible to buy himself as much time as he can.

With the guaranteed part of Cutler's contract no longer anchoring the team after this season, I don't see how it could be in any way justifiable not to pull the trigger next year.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If the writer is correct then he makes some decent points on why Pace hasn't found us a QB or hasn't taken any chances at the position so far. I realize it's just some writer saying what he thinks and have no idea if he has any inside info from Pace or someone around Pace so take it for what you will.

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/09/ryan-pace-obsessed-finding-right-qb-bears/

This article inside ur link is a little better than sportsmockery
"We're taking (the) best player available every time," Pace explained April 30. "So the way it worked out for us, we didn't draft a quarterback. We would have if it had lined up right for us, but I'm glad we have Hoyer."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ack-search-bears-spt-0925-20160924-story.html

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sportsmockery traffic is thriving.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I agree with Xero's previous comments on this - when he drafts "his guy" is when his clock really starts ticking, so he's holding off as long as possible to buy himself as much time as he can.

With the guaranteed part of Cutler's contract no longer anchoring the team after this season, I don't see how it could be in any way justifiable not to pull the trigger next year.

I don't know if the top will be better next draft. I think I remember you as a ND fan, but I'm not making any judgments about qbs until January. Kizer? Is he worth a top ten pick, I don't know. Such a crapshoot with qbs. I did like Wentz.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This article inside ur link is a little better than sportsmockery
"We're taking (the) best player available every time," Pace explained April 30. "So the way it worked out for us, we didn't draft a quarterback. We would have if it had lined up right for us, but I'm glad we have Hoyer."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ack-search-bears-spt-0925-20160924-story.html

If you're purely picking BPA with no other considerations, you're not understanding your own team's dynamics and needs.

That actually might explain a lot.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know if the top will be better next draft. I think I remember you as a ND fan, but I'm not making any judgments about qbs until January. Kizer? Is he worth a top ten pick, I don't know. Such a crapshoot with qbs. I did like Wentz.

Nope, not me, I don't have any NCAA allegiance at all, but I think it's time to pull the trigger on one of them, whoever they like best. You can never be certain, but I think you can be too conservative by passing up talent year and year after year.