Your most random Bears memory....

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mine is pretty odd/random. There's an old VHS of my family and I putting our Christmas tree and decorations up. In the background is this Bears @ Browns game from 1992.

At one point Dennis Gentry gets the shit knocked out of him and de-cleated.

My dad and I stop what we are doing and just stare at the TV watching the hit over and over again.

Whenever Dennis Gentry comes up that's the first thing I think of.

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Matt Suhey getting de-cleated by Kenny Stills in 85...maybe 84.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
gold001.png.15cda84e1c25ad0a76c402a6c445ef30.png
hqdefault.jpg
NES--Tecmo%20Super%20Bowl_Oct16%200_12_44.png
NES--Tecmo%20Super%20Bowl_Oct12%200_31_13.png

I thought about Super Tecmo Bowl, the best game ever!!

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Matt Suhey getting de-cleated by Kenny Stills in 85...maybe 84.

85. I was at that game.

[video=youtube;nRYydp14x-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRYydp14x-I[/video]

I was at the 85 game in Detroit also. That whole game is my random memory. Payton throws a 50 yards pass. Perry rumbles for a long fumble return. Gentry returns second half kick off for TD. And of course, Wilbur on Ferguson.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't remember if it was a run or a pass but I have this vague memory of Neal Anderson breaking this long play where he dives into the endzone by the pylon to win a game either on the last play of the game or in OT... I wanna say it was vs the Giants or maybe Detroit. If someone can confirm this actually happened that'd be cool. I can never find it on youtube anywhere but I swear I remember watching it back in the day...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
When I was a kid, Curtis Enis appeared at a local store (KMart? I think it was KMart) just a week or two after tearing his ACL during his brief Chicago career. We got there right at the start time because we thought there'd be a line. We were wrong. Walked right up to the table, he signed a bunch of stuff for us and we talked to him for 10 minutes. No one else showed the entire time we were there. It got to the point where we felt bad about leaving because we didn't want the guy to be sitting there alone with his agent or whoever but I probably had soccer practice or something so we had to go. Here was the Bears recent top-5 pick at a store and no one seemed to know (or care).

Also Enis couldn't have been nicer.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can't remember if it was a run or a pass but I have this vague memory of Neal Anderson breaking this long play where he dives into the endzone by the pylon to win a game either on the last play of the game or in OT... I wanna say it was vs the Giants or maybe Detroit. If someone can confirm this actually happened that'd be cool. I can never find it on youtube anywhere but I swear I remember watching it back in the day...

Dove for the far pylon? It was against Green Bay.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Jeff Graham had a pretty awesome one handed catch for a TD against I think an NFC East team?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Referring to his 80-yard TD run against the Pack in 88? (Should start at 13:54 if the link doesn't)

[video=youtube_share;jPZZv5j-2Lc]https://youtu.be/jPZZv5j-2Lc?t=13m54s[/video]

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
'85 NFC Championship game (in January '86): got to stand in the tunnel and slap the players' hands as they ran out. All the players except the fridge obliged us dumb kids, except for the Fridge. He was too famous.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Referring to his 80-yard TD run against the Pack in 88? (Should start at 13:54 if the link doesn't)

[video=youtube_share;jPZZv5j-2Lc]https://youtu.be/jPZZv5j-2Lc?t=13m54s[/video]

That definitely could be it as that's the exact type of finish to the play that I'm thinking of... Not sure why I remember it being vs the Giants though. Perhaps he had another run like that vs the Giants? I dunno.. I just remember it being a long TD where he dove into the endzone along the left sideline while flying out of bounds and extending the ball back over the goal...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
When I was a kid, Curtis Enis appeared at a local store (KMart? I think it was KMart) just a week or two after tearing his ACL during his brief Chicago career. We got there right at the start time because we thought there'd be a line. We were wrong. Walked right up to the table, he signed a bunch of stuff for us and we talked to him for 10 minutes. No one else showed the entire time we were there. It got to the point where we felt bad about leaving because we didn't want the guy to be sitting there alone with his agent or whoever but I probably had soccer practice or something so we had to go. Here was the Bears recent top-5 pick at a store and no one seemed to know (or care).

Also Enis couldn't have been nicer.

I met Jason McKie at a Meijer in 2006. He was nice too.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Playing little league football, just finished and my dad taking me to the bowling alley. Saw Walter run wild against the Vikings, I was forever hooked and a Bears fan....damn him lol

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That definitely could be it as that's the exact type of finish to the play that I'm thinking of... Not sure why I remember it being vs the Giants though. Perhaps he had another run like that vs the Giants? I dunno.. I just remember it being a long TD where he dove into the endzone along the left sideline while flying out of bounds and extending the ball back over the goal...

You could be thinking of the Giants game in week 3 1991. Anderson scored a 4th quarter 42 yard TD, and the Bears won 20-17.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Meeting Kyle Long and Jordan Mills in Pittsburgh was quite random. Looking for somewhere to park for what seemed like an eternity I saw two elephant sized men on the other side of the road. Both great guys.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

There's a long run where he dives in the end against the Packers I believe. Like a 60 or 70 yard where he makes this HUGE cutback across the field

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I met Bryan Cox at Nike Town once. Really nice guy actually.