IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 5(NLCS)

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I work 6 blocks from Wrigley and I can already feel the energy. Tomorrow will be an all time classic -- one for the ages. The whole game the crowd will be teetering on the brink. And when it happens -- say Javy Baez hitting a 2 run homer in the 6th.....Wrigley will shake to the foundation. It will be a moment in time never forgotten. A moment we will tell our grand kids about.

And then in the 9th, Aroldis Chapman will walk ominously on to the mound. He of 6'4 stature with neck tattoos and a lightning strike of a fast ball that could sink a M16. He'll look at the batter like he's about to destroy him. Then he'll cock back and throw 103mph over and over and over again. Three batters later, good night. The clouds in the sky will dissipate, the universe will tilt and electrical currents will travel through 43,000 fans. From that moment forward, life will never be the same again.

It could happen tomorrow. Let's get it the F on!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Like say we are up by a small margin and Jake is struggling in the 5th and the Dodgers are gaining momentum. I mike go Lester to A) kill their momentum and B) bridge the game to Chapman.

Montgomery can do that. And Wood. And Carl's Jr. And Strop (in the name of love). That leaves Rondon to relieve Chapman. ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I work 6 blocks from Wrigley and I can already feel the energy. Tomorrow will be an all time classic -- one for the ages. The whole game the crowd will be teetering on the brink. And when it happens -- say Javy Baez hitting a 2 run homer in the 6th.....Wrigley will shake to the foundation. It will be a moment in time never forgotten. A moment we will tell our grand kids about.

And then in the 9th, Aroldis Chapman will walk ominously on to the mound. He of 6'4 stature with neck tattoos and a lightning strike of a fast ball that could sink a M16. He'll look at the batter like he's about to destroy him. Then he'll cock back and throw 103mph over and over and over again. Three batters later, good night. The clouds in the sky will dissipate, the universe will tilt and electrical currents will travel through 43,000 fans. From that moment forward, life will never be the same again.

It could happen tomorrow. Let's get it the F on!!

That does it! I am headed to Stubhub!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
then Corey Kluber will snuff you, and people will say "...but next year..."

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DJMFAT I'm sure you have an order for a foot long meatball sandwich, better get on it.:cubstroll2:

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Both Joe and Zoberist have talked openly this year about making sure Zoberist gets a rest.

I'm praying Heyward sits but dont think it will happen

I'm not saying you don't rest a guy during the season but you certainly as a manager nor player are thinking about getting rest in game 5 of the LCS.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Which lefty do you trust more in game 7, Monty or Lester?

Monty. Because he is in those situations daily. Lester is a routine starter. He has a system and it works. We see it with his catcher. You don't toss him into a situation where it is do or die.

I would like to see Joe go with Rob Z. They added him for the series and they should be using him as a situational lefty.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
then Corey Kluber will snuff you, and people will say "...but next year..."

Cubs are scrapping to get in. Cle coasted in. We saw this situation with Col a few years back. Ran hot and blew the NL teams out. Had to sit and wait for the AL dog fight. They came in and just got beat.

Cubs are gaining a fighters mentality right now. Not really a team I would want to face after a lay off

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Our Mods getting ready for Saturdays game

i

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Cubs are scrapping to get in. Cle coasted in. We saw this situation with Col a few years back. Ran hot and blew the NL teams out. Had to sit and wait for the AL dog fight. They came in and just got beat.

Cubs are gaining a fighters mentality right now. Not really a team I would want to face after a lay off
There's not any good evidence that this is actually true.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
There's not any good evidence that this is actually true.

The last five teams in either league (15 Mets, 14 Royals, 12 Tigers, 07 Rockies, 06 Tigers) to sweep the LCS all lost the WS.

The last 11 teams to win 4-1 in either league (14 Giants, 09 Phillies, 08 Phillies, 05 White Sox, 02 Giants, 02 Angels, 01 Diamondbacks, 01 Yankees, 00 Mets, 99 Yankees, 96 Yankees) were 5-2 in the WS (twice both teams went 4-1).

Of course, length of time to win a previous series is not a predictor of the next series so it literally does not matter.