Garrett or a QB.....

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see an OT or QB yet that is more of a sure thing than Garrett. We need draft hits, not upside and positional value. When we have coaches that actually develop guys we can reconsider.

What the fuck is Loggains going to do with a QB anyway?

Lots to be answered before I can make a final decision. As of this minute with Fox/Fangio/Loggains...I give Garrett to the team for greatest impact.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Trading (2) 2nd rounders should get it done considering our 2nd round pick this year is pretty much a 1st.

Jimmy is better than all the QB prospects this year and Myles Garrett is the best player in the draft aka Von Miller 2.0.

It won't. I guarantee there's a team in there willing to throw in a 1st for him if he can be that good. There are too many teams that need a QB lol.

Also Garrett is more of a Peppers. It's more raw power than that crazy speed like Miller even though Garrett is exceptionally fast off the balll. I'd still take a young Peppers on my team easily. Could you imagine the stunts they could run with Garrett and Floyd? Could be a nasty pass rush.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we don't settle on the OC or head coach of the future, then drafting a Qb could be a total waste of a top pick. Take the guy, Garrett, who can span regimes as an impact defender, and let the new OC get his QB with traits that fit his system.

We are stuck in this revolving door of coaches, OC's, and QB's that never works. You have to pool all your resources in one direction for 8-10 years to be good, you can't just throw out the bathwater every 4 years. Then bring in these arrogant fucks who can't get any value from you investments for the previous 3-4 years.

Talent is something measured like water in a cup...by squandering past resources the present is never full. You are then missing investments left and right.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell yes! Get Garrett & then Falk, trading up if necessary.

garrettwhipkirkland.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G might not be much different than Hoyer. Maybe slighltly more mobile, but both are huge injury risks because they don't have the body to hold up to hits.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
You shut the fuck up. No franchise QB this year. Kizer Watson Kaya.....no thanks

There's Trubisky, Rudolph, Falk, and Webb that are rising up that are worth consideration. If it's between Watson, Kaaya and Garrett I'm still taking Garrett, but still there could be some QB talent in this draft worthwhile. As far as Kizer for me he's not looking like that guy that was a surefire Top 5 pick anymore, but I still have faith in his talent. Notre Dame is a dumpster fire right now and if you throw out that game where he had to play in a hurricane his accuracy is at 63% which doesn't look as bad as that 58% he's sitting on. He can be erratic, but I like what I see from a guy that is supposed to be on the rawer side. Watson and Kaaya on the other hand I agree with you. Easy pass on those two for me. I would either take the best available in that situation or trade back and try our luck with a Trubisky, Falk, or Rudolph.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
We need to load up on pass rushing LB'ers,getting Myles Garrett would be a god send for this team to help the defense.Floyd played REALLY well last night and it was great,with the addition of Garrett this front would be frightening.Pace could IMO get Jimmy for a second rounder and next years 4th.Anybody who has seen Jimmy play this season should know the kid is gonna be great.Now,my hope would be for Mike McCoy to get fired from San Diego and team back up with Fox to create a potent offense while Fangio can really start going with Floyd and Garrett.

This team is a QB and pass rusher away from being a top contender

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with Myles Garrett in the 1st, Matt Trubisky or Luke Falk in the 2nd or trade down for Derek Barnett and Matt Trubisky or Luke Falk in the 2nd round, possibly getting another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
the way I see it is Demarcuse ware/von miller type (Myles Garrett) or Derek Barnett(Terrell Suggs) fyi barnett is a year younger.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with Myles Garrett in the 1st, Matt Trubisky or Luke Falk in the 2nd or trade down for Derek Barnett and Matt Trubisky or Luke Falk in the 2nd round, possibly getting another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

It's Mitch not Matt. Getting him in the 2nd him would probably be wishful thinking by the end of the college football season. Too many teams that need a QB.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Myles Garrett and this...

815217a7ef14e3b68f81a6f0b55c2232.jpg

Equals dominance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
thank you for the correction I apologize for the wrong first name.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I lean towards a QB. That being said, if we go in that direction, I want a new HC.

We need a modern coach who is willing to put in an offensive system that fits the new breed of QB's coming through. These guys like Kizer and Watson cannot be just put into some old school, under center, west coast type offence and expected to produce.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lean towards a QB. That being said, if we go in that direction, I want a new HC.

We need a modern coach who is willing to put in an offensive system that fits the new breed of QB's coming through. These guys like Kizer and Watson cannot be just put into some old school, under center, west coast type offence and expected to produce.

Plenty of QBs have put up great numbers in a west coast offense.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

there's so much wrong in this post.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Plenty of QBs have put up great numbers in a west coast offense.

I guess you missed the part where I said players like Kizer and Watson cannot be put into an old school, west coast offense.

You need to include some spread concepts with some west coast elements mixed in.

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
Neither. Call me a "trade down clown" because I absolutely am. Way too many team needs to make any strides with the number of picks we have.

Would love, love love to have Garrett, or one of the top two qbs.

Biggest issue-Garrett does not fix the multitude of holes on offense(helps the D somewhat), QB does not fix the atrocious D.

If I had to choose, Garrett-unless we get the number one QB. Not even sure at this point who the top qb is. I can tell you this, based on his play this year...Watson is going to need some time on the bench. If we take him, and he proves me wrong, would be elated to say I told you so.

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
I hear there is a kicker who hasn't been so good in college, doesn't have the numbers...but with time and work he could be great. He's a project with upside. I say we trade up to one to take him and call it a day.

Who needs production when you have "intangibles?"