Garrett or a QB.....

Bigdaddybear

Liked Posts:
Since we are going to be a top five pick. Who do you go after Myles Garrett who is a freak of an athlete and should instantly improve our pass rush or a QB which is another big need?? Discuss...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think there is a lot of variables that determine who Pace takes. If the Bears retain Fox and Pace continues his drafting history, I think he takes Garrett if he is there and looks to trade back up into the first or take a QB in the second. If the Bears fire Fox after the season and bring in an offensive HC, I think they draft a QB with their first pick.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think there is a lot of variables that determine who Pace takes. If the Bears retain Fox and Pace continues his drafting history, I think he takes Garrett if he is there and looks to trade back up into the first or take a QB in the second. If the Bears fire Fox after the season and bring in an offensive HC, I think they draft a QB with their first pick.

I am willing to bet Fox wouldn't mind a franchise QB. I think it comes down to where we pick and who is available.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

What's wrong with Pace's drafting history?? It looks like he's doing a pretty damn good job of drafting to me and L.Floyd gave us a hint of what he could turn into last night. If the 90% of you that have been hating on Floyd and White and Pace for making those picks would just understand that some guys need more time than others to get themselves adjusted to the game then you'd feel better about what Pace is doing in drafts. Floyd was thrown to the wolves because of injuries and wasn't quite ready for it but with P.McPhee back he doesn't have to play so much and when we get Goldman back and teams are double teaming him it will help Floyd and our OLB's even more.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Garrett or Kizer or tradedown or bust.

This may change by the end of the CFB season and combine, but that's my feeling now.

Garrett has been pegged the next Julius Peppers or Demarcus Ware and is the best defensive prospect since Clowney's sophomore campaign.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's wrong with Pace's drafting history?? It looks like he's doing a pretty damn good job of drafting to me and L.Floyd gave us a hint of what he could turn into last night. If the 90% of you that have been hating on Floyd and White and Pace for making those picks would just understand that some guys need more time than others to get themselves adjusted to the game then you'd feel better about what Pace is doing in drafts. Floyd was thrown to the wolves because of injuries and wasn't quite ready for it but with P.McPhee back he doesn't have to play so much and when we get Goldman back and teams are double teaming him it will help Floyd and our OLB's even more.

Never mentioned anything being wrong with Pace's drafting history, but his first two drafts he has gone with an athletic freak at BPA. Which would likely be Garret and I would be fine with him. He's probably the closest thing to a guarantee at this point. I'm pretty much done with White unless he has a serious "revival" of his short career, he could come back and be a solid WR2 if he can stay healthy. As far as Floyd, I mentioned in another thread, I would be happy with 5-6 sacks and a lot of game time action. I'm more curious to see what he does in year 2 after an entire offseason. I expect 10+ sacks next year from him.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Throw Derrick Barnett in there as well. He's wrecking good olines. Just doesn't have quite the length Garrett does.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Garrett

And trade for Jimmy G

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Trading (2) 2nd rounders should get it done considering our 2nd round pick this year is pretty much a 1st.

Jimmy is better than all the QB prospects this year and Myles Garrett is the best player in the draft aka Von Miller 2.0.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Trading (2) 2nd rounders should get it done considering our 2nd round pick this year is pretty much a 1st.

Jimmy is better than all the QB prospects this year and Myles Garrett is the best player in the draft aka Von Miller 2.0.

Garrett and trade 33 or 34 (depending on if we are worse than Browns) to Patriots for Jimmy? I might go for that.

But if Pace trades our first for Jimmy, I am going to lose my shit.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Whomever the Bears pick, don't plan on seeing them play for the 1st year. At least.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Garrett and trade 33 or 34 (depending on if we are worse than Browns) to Patriots for Jimmy? I might go for that.

But if Pace trades our first for Jimmy, I am going to lose my shit.

Haha I don't see that happening.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Garrett there are no franchise QBs in this draft

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Draft Garrett and then trade back into the top 20 to pick the best qb in this draft, Chad Kelly.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
We don't know whether Pace can evaluate talent in the first round right now. So, I can see the appeal of taking as sure fire a player as possible in Garrett and getting our QB with the next pick. I don't really want to trade for Jimmy G but again, if Pace likes him enough, it's his job on the line and he's obviously better than what we have.