How do you feel Cubs Fans !

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
I'm a Sox fan but I feel good they made it finally. It would be entertaining to have a Bartman moment in the series.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
beavis-and-butthead-o.gif

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I won't lie, I was choking back tears. I just never thought this day would come. After LA destroyed us in game 3, my heart broke. I thought we had come to the end of the road. But this team -- man, this team is special. So many years of being accustomed to having the wheels fall and ending in heart break -- I just have never seen anything like this.

I thought of the people who aren't here anymore to see this and what they'd be thinking. I thought of Ron Santo. I thought of Let's Play Two, Mr. Ernie Banks. I thought of all the Cubs over the years -- Ryan Sandberg, Fergie Jenkins, Sweet Swingin' Billy Williams, Andrew The Hawk Dawson, Kid K Kerry Wood, etc. I thought of 1969. 1984. 2003.

I sat on my floor in the living room, trying desperately not wake up my 6 month old. When my wife went to bed, I watched the coverage on TV. This is the biggest sports moment in years. And if we win, it'll be the biggest moment perhaps in US History. I can't imagine a meaningful sports occurring before or ever again.

This is the best I've ever felt in all my fandom.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was going nuts. Then we took a shot and got really fucked up in celebratory fashion.

czman

Liked Posts:
I thought it would hit me harder, I really didn't feel all that much. I think because I was watching the game without any friends around and they haven't won the World Series yet. It's nice to win the pennant but I never dreamed of that. I know it comes before the World Series win. The World Series win is what I have been waiting decades for.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I thought it would hit me harder, I really didn't feel all that much. I think because I was watching the game without any friends around and they haven't won the World Series yet. It's nice to win the pennant but I never dreamed of that. I know it comes before the World Series win. The World Series win is what I have been waiting decades for.

A decade ago I would have been happy with an appearance in the WS, now I want the whole enchilada but that didn't stop me from getting emotional this weekend. Barring that there is the sense that we'll be here again in fairly short order but this is a great team and there are no guarantees. Let's get it done.