World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs @ Cleveland Indians Game 1

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With all of Joe Buck's constant raving about Kershaw he got his wish.

14702477_10154544146243847_5085041852877519950_n.jpg

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Cubs runs scored 8th inning on: 17
Indians runs allowed TOTAL: 11

Will be interesting to me because while the obvious question is Cubs offense v Indians defense, you have to remember that the Cubs have to not give up runs and the Indians have to score.

Cleveland run total by game: 5, 6, 4, 2, 2, 4, 1, 3
Cubs run total allowed: 0, 2, 6 (L), 5, 4, 1 (L), 6 (L), 2, 0

I like Cleveland's pitching but it will likely regress and give up a few more runs so the question is will they continue to not score many runs?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs runs scored 8th inning on: 17
Indians runs allowed TOTAL: 11

Will be interesting to me because while the obvious question is Cubs offense v Indians defense, you have to remember that the Cubs have to not give up runs and the Indians have to score.

Cleveland run total by game: 5, 6, 4, 2, 2, 4, 1, 3
Cubs run total allowed: 0, 2, 6 (L), 5, 4, 1 (L), 6 (L), 2, 0

I like Cleveland's pitching but it will likely regress and give up a few more runs so the question is will they continue to not score many runs?

There offense was better at home this year. Like a lot better and it has rolled over into the playoffs.

Regular season- .827 OPS Home, .691 Away

Post season- .701 OPS Home, .573 Away

DanTown

Liked Posts:
There offense was better at home this year. Like a lot better and it has rolled over into the playoffs.

Regular season- .827 OPS Home, .691 Away

Post season- .701 OPS Home, .573 Away

A .701 OPS as a team is quite terrible (it would be only ahead of Oakland in the AL). They play in a park that drastically favors hitters so that's why they have a better "home" offense. The question to ask is how good is their offense because if it scores 5+ runs, I think the Cubs are in trouble but if they're scoring 2/3 runs, the Cubs are probably in a great position.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this real life? I'm on a Cubs message board and I see an IGT for the fucking World Series!

This is still crazy. It's gonna be crazy feeling when I turn on Fox tomorrow.

GO CUBS!!!

Turning on Fox and not having to listen to Hannity is a win in itself!!! GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
It's official. The Babe is available. For a dude who has only played half a season, he sure has taken on legendary status.

And when he hits a moon shot out of the stadium in the WS, it's only going to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's official. The Babe is available. For a dude who has only played half a season, he sure has taken on legendary status.

And when he hits a moon shot out of the stadium in the WS, it's only going to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was annoying me that people were thinking Soler, Coghlan, or Almora would be left off. This offers little risk, but at the same time, we lose Contreras' bat for Games 1 & 2. I know that Bam Bam is a beast, but Contreras has been a consistent spark at the plate.

Goose22

Liked Posts:
Excited to finally watch the World series as a true fan of a team that is playing. I have always loved watching the WS, but this year is going to be extra special! Can't wait for this series to start tonight!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It was annoying me that people were thinking Soler, Coghlan, or Almora would be left off. This offers little risk, but at the same time, we lose Contreras' bat for Games 1 & 2. I know that Bam Bam is a beast, but Contreras has been a consistent spark at the plate.
I would consider having Arrieta use Contreras instead of Montero. It's not like Jake is setting the world on fire with Miggy as his catcher.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would consider having Arrieta use Contreras instead of Montero. It's not like Jake is setting the world on fire with Miggy as his catcher.

And the Indians will run wild on Arrieta/Montero.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
If the cubs split the first 2 games I have to imagine the indians are in trouble. Hendricks and Lackey at home vs I suppose Tomlin and Salazar coming off an injury? That seems pretty favorable.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

I agree. Whatever they lose in pitch framing from Montero will end up being a net gain with Contreras' bat and ability to control the running game.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arrieta ERA is well over 5 with Contreras behind the plate.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Maddon on WSCR wouldn't give lineup but says there's one other surprise besides Schwarber.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Arrieta ERA is well over 5 with Contreras behind the plate.

What has it been in the post season with Miggy? I think Jake has lost his right to a personal catcher, at this point. And against the base-stealing Indians, the slow-delivery Arrieta with bad-back Montero doesn't sound like a good idea.