World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs @ Cleveland Indians Game 1

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
What has it been in the post season with Miggy? I think Jake has lost his right to a personal catcher, at this point. And against the base-stealing Indians, the slow-delivery Arrieta with bad-back Montero doesn't sound like a good idea.

I couldn't care less about the personal catcher aspect I just think that with Jake's command and control issues I want the better framer in there.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I couldn't care less about the personal catcher aspect I just think that with Jake's command and control issues I want the better framer in there.

I hear ya but those same control and command issues usually lead to walks for Jake. Cleveland has stolen more bases than the Giants and Dodgers combined....walks to this team can turn into doubles in a hurry.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I hear ya but those same control and command issues usually lead to walks for Jake. Cleveland has stolen more bases than the Giants and Dodgers combined....walks to this team can turn into doubles in a hurry.

The point is that the better framer maybhelp keep the walks down, thus they cant steal.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way for Cleveland to run is to get on base. The Cubs are going to go with whats best for that not to happen.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
CvorYqBUAAAcTcf.jpg

Coghlan in RF. A little surprised at Schwarber batting 5th.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Only surprise is coglhan.....actually a shocking addition.

Not like he's killed kluber.....1-3......but if heyward is an auto out then ok but thought they'd roll with him in rf with the dh

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The only way for Cleveland to run is to get on base. The Cubs are going to go with whats best for that not to happen.

So you think Montero then is the best way to prevent runners from getting on base, with his pitch framing?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Wow The Babe is batting 5th? Holy! And how the F did Cogs get in the lineup? Both of those are surprises to me. Either way -- lets do this!!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coughlin...didn't see that coming

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Wow The Babe is batting 5th? Holy! And how the F did Cogs get in the lineup? Both of those are surprises to me. Either way -- lets do this!!!

Cogs is a lefty with a .284/.410/.433 and an OPS of .842 in the second half. It's not a perfect option but it's absolutely worth a shot. If the Cubs can win this game they could win it in as little as 5 games. This game is huge.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Well, it's not just a matter of getting guys on base...they have to get the right guys on base. They have one prolific basestealer and three other guys who are good, but it's not like 1-9 are going to be running all night long. And even if they can do that, successfully stealing bases only slightly increases expected runs scored.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I shocked they are bring Schwarber back with no real live pitching practice except the Toledo Mud Hens. Love the guy but dont be surprised if he goes 0-4

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I shocked they are bring Schwarber back with no real live pitching practice except the Toledo Mud Hens. Love the guy but dont be surprised if he goes 0-4

If he goes 0-4 but makes hard contact twice he's done his job. So much of this move is the mental aspect.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I was thinking the surprise would be Zobrist in RF and Contreras in LF, but let's see how Cogs does.