Illini BB

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not gonna happen, JJ. He has a big buyout after year 2. After year 3 it's still fairly large. A big problem with the team is they need more height in the middle. A Freshman PF is playing C. Supposedly they are leading for a top big man. I'm not going to go out on a limb and say Underwood will succeed once he gets his guys at all spots, but I do think the contract was structured that way to give him that opportunity. His coaching has looked pretty bad this year. When more than a handful of Illinois fans start to consider a coach as clueless as Groce, there is no other way to look at it.

Whitman has been an absolute disaster so far.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Start looking at stats of Freshmen in comparison for the team overall. Look at what guys like Gill and Head did as Freshmen. Underwood is getting at least another year, as he should, unless something unforeseen occurs. If they finish this recruiting class as I think they will, those Freshmen become Sophs, they get some more length and rim protection.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Start looking at stats of Freshmen in comparison for the team overall. Look at what guys like Gill and Head did as Freshmen. Underwood is getting at least another year, as he should, unless something unforeseen occurs. If they finish this recruiting class as I think they will, those Freshmen become Sophs, they get some more length and rim protection.

Yup I'm so excited about the next season with Underwood. He's really got things headed in the right direction.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yup I'm so excited about the next season with Underwood. He's really got things headed in the right direction.
And yes. The program is headed in the right direction. They just landed 5 star Kofi Cockburn today. 6'10"/290 5 star C. It looks like they may have another high quality commitment to announce in the next few days, too.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
And yes. The program is headed in the right direction. They just landed 5 star Kofi Cockburn today. 6'10"/290 5 star C. It looks like they may have another high quality commitment to announce in the next few days, too.

They'll "land" Kofi after he signs. If you know Illini history, you should know better.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You obviously don't know why he chose Illinois.

I do now why. And please don't act like you're some sort of insider. Nothing is certain for Illinois and recruits, not ever.

You should know better.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I do now why. And please don't act like you're some sort of insider. Nothing is certain for Illinois and recruits, not ever.

You should know better.
You don't know why. He even posted he was going to help recruit others to Illinois in his commitment tweet. Quit being a dope. Nothing I stated is being an insider. You should know how he is connected to Illinois. You can't answer that. If you could, you know it's essentially a done deal.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You don't know why. He even posted he was going to help recruit others to Illinois in his commitment tweet. Quit being a dope. Nothing I stated is being an insider. You should know how he is connected to Illinois. You can't answer that. If you could, you know it's essentially a done deal.

Lol okay. If he ends up signing elsewhere, I expect you to apologize for being a naive little cuckold.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol okay. If he ends up signing elsewhere, I expect you to apologize for being a naive little cuckold.
If he signs with Illinois, I expect you to crawl back into the dismal hole you came from and leave the Cubs forum, too.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
If he signs with Illinois, I expect you to crawl back into the dismal hole you came from and leave the Cubs forum, too.

I won't and I haven't even made any prediction on Kofi. All I've done is suggest caution before celebrating. You're problem is always acting like a know it all.

Didn't you promise Illinois would be in a bowl game when they hired Lovie? Lmao

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I won't and I haven't even made any prediction on Kofi. All I've done is suggest caution before celebrating. You're problem is always acting like a know it all.

Didn't you promise Illinois would be in a bowl game when they hired Lovie? Lmao
LOL. What a spineless post you've made here.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's this dude you guys are talking about? Where's he from?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
His handler has ties to Antigua. It's been a done deal for awhile.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Unless Antigua goes back to Kentucky at season's end.

618166.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nothing is a done deal with Illinois. They always seem to lose a big time recruit at the last minute. Hell, even the 89 team didn't have their biggest recruit play because he was killed on the streets of Chicago. Champaign is in the middle of nowhere with very little modern history and some of the worst athletic facilities in the conference. Not surprising an inner city kid doesn't want to go there.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kofi looks like a bit of a stiff to me but if Haas from Purdue can be a stud in conference I guess Kofi has hope. Just not sure how he meshes with the system Underwood would prefer to run.

Last edited: