Illini BB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At least Ayo is struggling again. For him to stay, this needs to happen.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He was staying anyway. He isn't ready to be an NBA PG yet.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He was staying anyway. He isn't ready to be an NBA PG yet.

Not being ready for the NBA hasn't necessarily been a barrier for players declaring in the past.

It will all come down to whether or not his people are willing to risk a non-guaranteed contract. This draft is going to be one of the weakest in recent memory, might make sense to try his luck this year. I hope not, but it's definitely possible.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not being ready for the NBA hasn't necessarily been a barrier for players declaring in the past.

It will all come down to whether or not his people are willing to risk a non-guaranteed contract. This draft is going to be one of the weakest in recent memory, might make sense to try his luck this year. I hope not, but it's definitely possible.

I don't see him leaving just to be a 2nd round pick. 1st round he gone but his parents have also said he's not leaving unless he's a lottery pick.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ayo is gone after this season.

I don't see him leaving just to be a 2nd round pick. 1st round he gone but his parents have also said he's not leaving unless he's a lottery pick.

This is some pretty serious flip flopping.

I think the issue is that 1. we really have no clue what his people will do and 2. It's unlikely that he's going to be a lock to the the first round or certainly not a first round pick. They aren't going to know for sure when they make the decision.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Big win in MSG! Not only was it a great win for the Illinois kids from NYC, but that's a big recruiting ground for Antigua. I think it's clear that Underwood's team has improved this season. I have a lot more confidence in him turning the basketball program around than I do Lovie with the football team atm.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice win...if we can shoot 60% from three for entire halves of basketball we'll be good.

Maryland isn't as good as people think. Really a two man team but very good win in a big time venue. Maryland's defense was abhorrent.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
This is some pretty serious flip flopping.

I think the issue is that 1. we really have no clue what his people will do and 2. It's unlikely that he's going to be a lock to the the first round or certainly not a first round pick. They aren't going to know for sure when they make the decision.

They will know more than us.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
And you're the one saying he's going to go or not based on whatever, not me.

I've been crystal clear. I'm not sure why you're having such difficulty understanding.

Ayo 1st round expectation = He gone
2nd round = He stays

That's really simple brah!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There was a post in the weather thread about people calling off work today, and questioning why.

If people are calling off work to avoid the cold in Chicago in the daytime, how many do they reasonably expect to attend the BBall game in Minnesota tonight?

I know the point in the other thread was that you are not outside in it very long, but that assumes you're stepping into a 70 degree car. The car won't warm up until you drive an hour. I know folks in MN are hearty, but I expect a very low attendance.

I think it is odd, yet not shocking, they cancel classes but not basketball and travel for the visiting team.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illini by 7!
Called it!
Oskie rawr rawr!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Low 80's on KenPom. Big Ten Network discussing the ridiculous schedule early in the year and how teams won't want to play Illinois in the conference tournament.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
would be pretty cool if Illini won the BTT