Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
this just in: illini still suck...promising though, I guess
They were missing their #1 player, who had a concussion. But, yes. This team is going to struggle a bit with teams who have length in the middle. Illinois shot themselves in the foot whenever they were trying to increase their lead. Both big guys forced fouls on offense when the team was up 4. They missed a 1 and 1 that would have increased a lead in the 2nd half, etc. Again, their ceiling is NIT. This isn't close to a 19-20 win team, so just enjoy the ride watching the kids grow together and maybe play .500 or slightly better ball.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
They were missing their #1 player, who had a concussion. But, yes. This team is going to struggle a bit with teams who have length in the middle. Illinois shot themselves in the foot whenever they were trying to increase their lead. Both big guys forced fouls on offense when the team was up 4. They missed a 1 and 1 that would have increased a lead in the 2nd half, etc. Again, their ceiling is NIT. This isn't close to a 19-20 win team, so just enjoy the ride watching the kids grow together and maybe play .500 or slightly better ball.

They definitely shot themselves in the foot several times. Sloppy sloppy game.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprised they still hung tough even without Trent Frazier. I am cautiously optimistic about this team

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Illinois is the armpit of major D1 sports!
Thank Ron Guenther, and for the acceleration of the descent to the toilet, Mike Thomas with special consideration given to Chancellor Michael Hogan for hiring the worst AD in the history of P5 sports.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey get ready to watch some Illini whoop up on the Bulldogs in Maui. Illini 95 Gonzaga 87. #calledit

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey get ready to watch some Illini whoop up on the Bulldogs in Maui. Illini 95 Gonzaga 87. #calledit
That was a great surge in the 2nd half. Just came up a little short...some pun intended. It looks like Griffin stepped up and is improving his defense, too. He probably earned more tic. ISU is favored, but let's see what happens.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Loved the uniforms last night.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
One step forward, 5 steps back. At what point do we consider waving the white flag for major athletics?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow that game was tough to watch. This team is really playing apart from each other right now. Bad coaching job today, too.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow that game was tough to watch. This team is really playing apart from each other right now. Bad coaching job today, too.

4 games in, season is already over. Underwood is a bum--this program is DOA. So sad to watch this over & over again

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Made the wrong choice is picking Ayo over Talen Horton-Tucker. Underwood has been a total disaster - not quite as bad as Lovie, but that is a low bar.

Ayo and Frazier don't look like they are going to be very compatible.

On the bright side both Giorgi and Alan Griffin look like good four year players. Perhaps the next coach can figure out how to use them properly.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense looks terribly disjointed and there is no flow to it..at all.It's like watching 6th graders try to run a motion offense.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Excuse my language but what a fucking dumpster fire Illini are right now. Josh Whitman what the fuck have you done?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The offense looks terribly disjointed and there is no flow to it..at all.It's like watching 6th graders try to run a motion offense.

Is Brad's seat already hot?