3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I love this thread and want to give it a big wet one

tenor.gif

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Who is doing the analytics to make this thing happen?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just have it that everyone can submit only one. They have to be in before the day before the draft.

I think an intriguing idea that is much more manageable then a 7 round mock draft is to just do the first round. Everyone can submit their predictions for the first round. The person who picks the most 'correct player to team' wins.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
We should probably trade down from Top 5... :smug2:

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are more mocks and not mocks on the main board that in the mock forum.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Building a BULLY - Mock Draft

Cut

(QB) Jay Cutler
(OT) Bobbie Massie
(WR) Eddie Royal
(TE) MyCole Pruitt
(OLB) Lamarr Houston
(C) Cornelius Edison

Re-Signed

(QB) Matt Barkley (2/8)

(QB) Connor Shaw

(WR) Alshon Jeffrey (5/70)

(WR) Deonte Thompson

(OG) Eric Kush

(DE) Cornelius Washington (2/3)

(OLB) Sam Acho

(K) Connor Barth

Free Agents

(QB) Mike Glennon (3/18)

(OT) Ricky Wagner (5/35)

(CB) Stephon Gilmore (4/40)

(FS) Eric Berry (4/48)

Draft

1(4) OLB Derek Barnett (Tennesse) 6'3" 265lbs

2(36) OT Ryan Ramcyzk (Wisconsin) 6'6" 297lbs

3(68) TE Jordan Leggett (Clemson) 6'5" 250lbs

4 CB Brendan Langley (Lamar) 6'1" 190lbs

4 FS Kai Nacua (BYU) 6'2" 215lbs

5 NT Dalvin Tomlinson (Alabama) 6'3" 310lbs

7 WR Chris Godwin (Penn State) 6'1" 208lbs

Roster

QB: Glennon, Barkley, Shaw (3)

RB: Howard, Carey, Langford, (3)

WR: Jeffery, White, Meredith, Braverman, Bellamy or Godwin, Thompson (6)

TE: Miller, Leggett, Brown (3)

LT: Leno Jr., Ramcyzk (2)
LG: Sitton (1)
C: Whitehair, Grasu (2)
RG: Long, Kush (2)
RT: Wagner,

RE: Bullard, Unrien or Ferguson (2)
NT: Goldman, Tomlinson (2)
LE: Hicks, Washington (2)

OLB: Floyd, Young (2)
ILB: Trevathan, Kwiatwoski (2)
ILB: Freeman, Timu (2)
OLB: McPhee, Barnett, Acho or Robertson-Harris (4)

CB: Gilmore, Porter, Fuller, Hall, Langley, Callahan, LeBlanc (7)

FS: Berry, Nacua,(2) (Houston-Carson)
SS: Amos, Bush (2)

LS: Scales
K: Barth
P: O'Donnell

Notes: -

1) I was close to picking Leonard Fournette with the No.1 pick which is why I originally called this draft 'Building a Bully'. However given Pace found Howard who's awesome in the 5th I couldn't quite do it even though he's likely one of the top 5 players in the draft. I also worry if Howard gets injured the Bears who want to build a power running game could be screwed. Here's hoping he doesn't. I still this newly improved roster (in my opinion) is capable of bullying other teams.

In this draft both Garrett and Allen and one of the QBs are off the board. I like Jamal Adams but not at 4 so I went with a young speed rusher who will hopefully 'rule the roost' opposite Floyd in the years to come. I am also worried about Young's age and McPhee's knees. Given the choice if Garrett and Allen are both off the board I'd prefer to trade back given the opportunity.

2) It's Mike Glennon time! I know a lot of people will lose their shit about not picking a QB but I rate Glennon who played reasonably well when given the chance in Tampa without much talent surrounding him and he'll be competing with Barkley to play behind an upgraded OL, Jeffrey on the outside alongside the potential of White, two pass catching TEs in Miller and Leggett and a 'Bell Cow' RB in Howard. That is before the injuries occur of course.

3) I clearly don't expect the Bears to be able to acquire all of the talent above in FA (great if they do) but they will certainly have the money to make it happen if they choose to do so with their current cap space and all the cuts. If they pulled it off our OL is immediately upgraded with Wagner replacing Massie and the defence with the additions in the secondary goes from Top 10 to making a play for Top 5. That works for me as I believe Glennon or Barkley can make the offence work well enough alongside Howard and a great defence.

4) I am a massive Ryan Pace fan. He has shown a keen eye for acquiring for talent. Call me impressed. I hope he is with the Bears for a long time as despite the current W/L record I believe he's building a juggernaut that will represent well the Bears of old.

5) The coaching team leaves me up and down daily. I am ok with giving them another shot due to the ridiculous amount of injuries the Bears have had to contend with this season. I know others don't agree. Fair enough but I don't want the Bears becoming the Browns. I absolutely don't want to lose Fangio. He's a rock star. I'd make him HC if it was between Fox and Fangio staying. Other alternatives I've considered that I'd be cool with. HC Kyle Shanahan and DC Fangio. If it was a complete clear out my preference would be HC Kyle Shanahan and DC Todd Bowles (I am hoping he's fired from the Jets in this instance). I could live with a HC Cooter DC Fangio combo.

6) I believe the roster created above (short of suffering another massive amount of injuries next season) is more than capable of winning the NFC North and having a decent crack in the play offs.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:aj:

You want to pay Glennon 6 mil a year?

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Seeing as Chase Daniel is getting $5m+ a year I don't imagine he'll be playing for less. I actually think he's worth it but we all have our differing views on QBs.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Offseasons based on Mike Glennon as the future QB should result in a 1 year ban.

Thanks for the feedback. What would you do? I don't see the QBs in the draft being noticeably better than Glennon but maybe I am wrong.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Osweiler is getting $18m a year and whilst everyone now knows he's overpaid you'd still him pay him more than $6m in a 'do over'. Do you rate Osweiler over Glennon? I don't. He was just flavour of the month at the time.

When you break down Glennon's stats over a season they're not bad and he was playing for the 'shit show' that was Tampa.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Offseasons based on Mike Glennon as the future QB should result in a 1 year ban.

Disagree. We should have gone after him hard as soon as Tampa drafted Winston.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I appreciate the effort to put that together, and there are some good ideas in there, but I think trying to corner the market on backup QB's is a bad idea.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
both gilmore and berry will be sought after and its highly unlikely either player is dying to be a bear, expect them to get overpaid if you want them to be bears.
i'm surprised you didnt address the DE spot, unrein is a waste, bullard hit the rookie wall the whole season and guys like washington and ego are backup players at best.