RIP Joe McKnight!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wanted to talk about this. He was murdered earlier this afternoon over a road rage incident. This guy was the next Reggie Bush coming out of John Curtis. He was killed on a border of New Orleans. Terrytown to be specific. He was 28. He never became what he should have been, but life is short. His life being taken is disgusting. I know people at the scene and they said it was some kind of confrontation and he apologize and the guy shot him and said, "I told you not to fuck with me". Got out the car and shot him once or twine more on the ground. Its a sad day around the New Orleans because talent wise he is one of the best players to come out. I hope that guy fries because killing a 28 year old to feel powerful is disgusting.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wanted to talk about this. He was murdered earlier this afternoon over a road rage incident. This guy was the next Reggie Bush coming out of John Curtis. He was killed on a border of New Orleans. Terrytown to be specific. He was 28. He never became what he should have been, but life is short. His life being taken is disgusting. I know people at the scene and they said it was some kind of confrontation and he apologize and the guy shot him and said, "I told you not to fuck with me". Got out the car and shot him once or twine more on the ground. Its a sad day around the New Orleans because talent wise he is one of the best players to come out. I hope that guy fries because killing a 28 year old to feel powerful is disgusting.

Another class act felled! When will it end??

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember him coming to USC like you said hyped as the 'next Reggie Bush'. Just never could seem to put it together. Can't remember if it was injuries in college or what.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Sad story just saw it on the news here in SoCal. People killing people over traffic BS, just stupid.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It sucks but does it suck more cause he was an athlete you followed? About ten mcknights will be killed this weekend in Chicago

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like Chris Rock said there is a civil war going on and the dumb side is winning

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
As with most cases it looks like the eyewitness accounts may not be accurate Apparently the person told that to reporters (which isn't the same as telling it to investigators).

It may be that he was murderer by a raging nut job. It could also be that the person was acting in self defense if McKnight himself was the raging lunatic.

Who knows. Let's let the investigation play out and see what the facts say.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Sad story just saw it on the news here in SoCal. People killing people over traffic BS, just stupid.

That was an initial witness account but that may not be accurate.

That said, I think you can stop the sentence free 'people killing people over' is just stupid. Outside of imminent harm to my family, I couldn't imagine any scenario where I could take the life of another human.

Saddens me that so many people have it in them to willfully take the life of another human being.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I heard on the radio that the police detained the shooter, but he was released without any charges being filed [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Recall that narrative being pushed against Colin Kaepernick about how he's a privileged black NFL player who makes $19-million a year in the NFL? Where is that same privilege and justice for black NFL player Joe McKnight?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That eyewitness account has been refuted by police as all the casings were found inside the car indicating the guy who shot him never left his car. So it seems McKnight came over to the guy's car and the guy shot him from an open window. Why this guy did just screw up his window or drive away has not been explained. Whether McKnight was just yelling at him or actually tried to attack him is unclear.

But I guess this is what the world has come to these days when having a gun and stand your ground laws means you don't have to value any life if one feels threatened at all.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...joe-mcknight-released-investigation-continues

Mitchapalooza

SilenceS, the people you know at the scene must have seen a different altercation because the evidence doesn't show that at all.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Recall that narrative being pushed against Colin Kaepernick about how he's a privileged black NFL player who makes $19-million a year in the NFL? Where is that same privilege and justice for black NFL player Joe McKnight?

Being big and athletic looking is probably a disadvantage because now anytime you have an issue with anyone that you are bigger than, they can just pull out the, "I feel threatened card," and merk you whether you physically attack someone or not. Only tiny people can raise their voice or walk towards someone while looking angry these days. Anyone else better watch out.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Thoughts and prayers

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Guns do make disagreements more likely to end badly. With no guns they'd probably just have a punch up. Really sad - RIP.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Guns do make disagreements more likely to end badly. With no guns they'd probably just have a punch up. Really sad - RIP.

Well still unclear if this got physical at all or whether an older dude (he was 53) saw a big athletic younger dude coming over to his car angry, got scared and decided not to risk it. Guess we will have to wait and see.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

I understand the sentiment, but how do you know a former NFL player wouldn't beat him to death in a fit of road/roid rage?

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Yeah maybe - but it's so much easier to end a life by pulling a trigger. So many young lives lost like this, it's tragic.