Maybe Norv as the new OC would be enough to get the Bears offense on track

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
After watching the Vikes and Boyz I was reminded that Norv Turner is available as an experienced successful NFL OC. If many like Windy are correct in assuming the Bears wont fire Fox hiring Norv Turner who is much better at being an OC then Loggains probably ever will be seems like it would be a very good if not probably the best possible solution to what ails the Bears offense if the Bears keep Fox. Norv has proven to be a very good OC and a not so good HC. He is quoted as saying he wants back in even at 64 and is looking to develop a young QB.

Yardbarker also had a recent piece that indicates the most likely difference Norv and Zimmer had was Zimmer in typical DC as HC wanted to play if really safe and not include deep passes in the offense and go strictly with a short medium passing game with heavy on the short. This so far seems to be the bigges difference in game plans after Norv left. It appears Norv was right. Hopefully Norv is scrutinizing the latest batch of QB's to make his determination how he ranks them. The combine is where guys go looking for assistant jobs so around that time look for rumors to be flying hot and heavy about whom Norv might end up with.

Here is a link to the yardbarker article http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...ings_it_wasnt_going_to_work/s1_12680_22537147

mecha

Liked Posts:
this is the Chicago Bears.

it'll therefore never happen.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You really think Norv's wife would let him take a job in Chicago?

"(My wife) Nancy and I say, 'Let's get to January and see where we are. That's been the case the last two to three years. But this has been a challenge for my wife. Cleveland, then Minnesota ... and we have a house five minutes from the ocean (in California) ... At 64 years old, if you continue, it would need to be a right place and with the right people." - Norv at his "I'm outta here" press conference

Not to mention that the dissolution of any semblance of deep passing game for them is at least partially predicated on the fact that their line is shit. What is it, 11 different starters this season and 3rd stringers at each tackle spot tonight? Sounds like a recipe for an epic deep passing attack, right? It's impossible to know if constantly passing short is a philosophy, or an absolute necessity, for them.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turner is a dinosaur and the game might be passing him by. Zimmer is a hot head but he was right here, that Vikings OL is garbage and changes needed to be made to the offense to shorten the drops and get the ball out quick. Turner refused to change his system so he quit. A good coach knows what his players can and can't do and makes adjustments to the system when it's necessary.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
It does not matter what OC the Bears get if they do not get the right QB. I am under the belief that a good QB makes an OC look good (i.e. McCarthy w Rodgers) not the other way around. With a good QB you can trust, most NFL OCs can be creative & look good. That has been the problem here in Chicago looking for an OC to fix the offense. An OC doesn't make any plays on the field. Lets see what Loggans can do with a good QB. To me he has done a pretty good job w journey men QBs & WRs dropping balls. Time to stop making the OC the scape goat.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John Clayton was on ESPN 1000 and said that IF Norv takes a job it will most likely be on the west coast, but he thought he was done.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
After watching the Vikes and Boyz I was reminded that Norv Turner is available as an experienced successful NFL OC. If many like Windy are correct in assuming the Bears wont fire Fox hiring Norv Turner who is much better at being an OC then Loggains probably ever will be seems like it would be a very good if not probably the best possible solution to what ails the Bears offense if the Bears keep Fox. Norv has proven to be a very good OC and a not so good HC. He is quoted as saying he wants back in even at 64 and is looking to develop a young QB.

Yardbarker also had a recent piece that indicates the most likely difference Norv and Zimmer had was Zimmer in typical DC as HC wanted to play if really safe and not include deep passes in the offense and go strictly with a short medium passing game with heavy on the short. This so far seems to be the bigges difference in game plans after Norv left. It appears Norv was right. Hopefully Norv is scrutinizing the latest batch of QB's to make his determination how he ranks them. The combine is where guys go looking for assistant jobs so around that time look for rumors to be flying hot and heavy about whom Norv might end up with.

Here is a link to the yardbarker article http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...ings_it_wasnt_going_to_work/s1_12680_22537147

I'd love to have Norv as our OC especially with a new young QB but the problem is with how you said Zimmer wanted to play it really safe and not really throw deep passes and stick with short medium passing game sounds like you were describing J.Fox cause he wants to run the ball and play it safe in the passing game as well so i can't see Norv coming to that after just leaving that same type of head coach.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
John Clayton was on ESPN 1000 and said that IF Norv takes a job it will most likely be on the west coast, but he thought he was done.

Well this yardbarker piece was published 5 days ago and Norv is quoted as saying he is not ready to call it quits. Also if a team like the Bears shows him enough love, if anybody feels an employer wants you bad enough and values you to a great degree that is pretty hard for anyone to pass up. Also if he took a job in Minnesota and wanted to continue employment there if not for there differences why not take a job in a great city like Chicago with similar weather. Sure if a team on the west cost offers him a job its goes to the top of the list but which teams will go after him and how hard they will pursue him.

Another point to the poster that is concerned about Fox having a similar desire to play it safe with the offense, the reason Zimmer wanted to play it super safe was because of the injuries to their tackles and the inability of their replacements in pass protection. Norv likes to run the rock as does Fox and Norv seems to like to run more than Loggains. I just dont see this as a game stopper for this possible hire.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not a fan of Loghead, but his offense seems to always look better than it does with a guy named Jay. Others seem to spread ball around better, thank god, he will finally be gone.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Clayton couldn't find his way out of a paper bag.......dude throws so much shit against the wall.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not a fan of Loghead, but his offense seems to always look better than it does with a guy named Jay. Others seem to spread ball around better, thank god, he will finally be gone.

he forgets to run the ball in the second half.....

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Bill Walsh still alive? Could we possibly bring him back?

Not a problem here in the North.....

[video=youtube_share;1DFojKwVfq4]https://youtu.be/1DFojKwVfq4?t=13[/video]

Or, we could make things really interesting and get Joe Walsh to be OC.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a problem here in the North.....

url

Or, we could make things really interesting and get Joe Walsh to be OC.....

Life's been good to him so far......

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Norv
Kizer
Better OTs
A Fast WR

That could be very nice.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Loggy might improve yet himself. Really besides quitting on the run game to early I think he has done a fair job and is not afraid. I hated Gase and his 2 yard passes. Were going downfield now. I like it.