Mike Freeman - John Fox likely gone

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I like their dc austin better then cooter but someone new would be ideal with a new rookie qb leading the team

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
god, i hope this proves to be true. i cant take another season of john fox.

plus keeping him around as a lame duck will just fuck things up more and make things more difficult moving forward. especially the drafting and development of a young qb.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Bears are trending upward. Fox is not going anywhere.

Really? Fox has won 9 games in two years and 6 of those wins came last year. I would say that is trending downward. The only thing that looks positive about this team is the defense which is a result of Fangio and Howard who only saw the field after two other backs got hurt.

I can understand the Bears not wanting to pay another coach to not be here but let's not act like Fox has earned the right to stay.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears are trending upward. Fox is not going anywhere.

We were competitively losing games last season.

Now we are winning half as much.

They have looked better than earlier in the season, but now where as good as last season at any point.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
We were competitively losing games last season.

Now we are winning half as much.

They have looked better than earlier in the season, but now where as good as last season at any point.

539fd6b144f4a29960255dc9a098fad3.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not getting too excited. Freeman says it is speculation from coaches and front office people around the league.

I still don't think it happens.

I sure would like Ryan Pace to re appear and say something about the big stories that have come out,

-consultants
-Bill Polian
-Fangio and Fox not getting along
-Fox not coming back.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They are trending upwards based on how bad they were earlier in the season.

Over Fox's 2 years I think the best football they were playing was last season after the 0-3 start. We haven't seen them play that well since the Oak-KC-Den games.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
They are trending upwards based on how bad they were earlier in the season.

Over Fox's 2 years I think the best football they were playing was last season after the 0-3 start. We haven't seen them play that well since the Oak-KC-Den games.

i dont see how it doesnt happen, his record is worse than the HC they fired before him. the only reason he sticks around is if its true that he simply has all the power and if thats the case then the team is truly fucked. if pace has any say at all he needs to make a move and fire fox, considering im pretty sure fox was forced on him to begin with. if fox is back for a third year theres no hope for this team.

unfortunately, it looks like fox might actually be in control since not only has pace been a non entity, but i just read an article in which fox flat out states that there will be no restructuring. who the fuck is he to say that?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
IMO,Fox has to stay one more year..

And then you try to lure Harbaugh away from Michigan.Jim is the only other coach I would want to coach the Bears at this present time..

Fuck Jim bob cooter..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We are trending upward. We were at the bottom so we had nowhere else to trend. We have good young players and a GM that can draft. The future looks bright. Fox is not the reason but we are trending upward. This injured team plays hard and the young guys look good. Are we better off now then 2 years ago? Yes we are trending upward.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Even thought it seems unlikely based on the McCaskeys history with eating contracts or should I say not eating them, but I still believe and even have a gut feeling that Fox is on very very very thin ice as Bears HC. Two things to back that up are the reports of friction between Pace and Fox with Fox holding more juice at least to start the season than Pace and the reports that Fox is not thrilled with Fangio. Pace IMO will fight hard to keep Fangio over Fox if it comes to a fight over one or the other. Any Bear fan including the McCaskeys can see Pace and Fangio have done a far better job given their respective responsibilities than Fox has. I believe there is a good chance Fox goes bye bye after this season.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
IMO,Fox has to stay one more year..

And then you try to lure Harbaugh away from Michigan.Jim is the only other coach I would want to coach the Bears at this present time..

Fuck Jim bob cooter..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. Jim wants to kick OSU ass before he leaves there. And if he does leave, it should be for a shitload of money

[video=youtube;o6vpkjL7sdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6vpkjL7sdg[/video]

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would love moving on from Fox, but is it really the best decision for the team? Look at the most successful teams in the NFL - they all have consistency in the HC. Is Fox ideal for the Bears? Probably not, but I think the only reason you move on from him is if you have the perfect candidate (Harbaugh). I'm not really in favor of bringing in an up and coming OC just because.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I would love moving on from Fox, but is it really the best decision for the team? Look at the most successful teams in the NFL - they all have consistency in the HC. Is Fox ideal for the Bears? Probably not, but I think the only reason you move on from him is if you have the perfect candidate (Harbaugh). I'm not really in favor of bringing in an up and coming OC just because.

I agree you don't want to be a revolving door for coaches like the Browns have been but that's no reason to keep an over the hill coach who hasn't produced like Fox. Consistency is great when there is promise but consistency for the sake of consistency leads to teams that are consistently bad like the Jaguars and Gus Bradley. You can look at that situation and say well maybe a different coach wouldn't have fared well but thats not certain, what is certain is the guy they've kept around has sucked for years.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree you don't want to be a revolving door for coaches like the Browns have been but that's no reason to keep an over the hill coach who hasn't produced like Fox. Consistency is great when there is promise but consistency for the sake of consistency leads to teams that are consistently bad like the Jaguars and Gus Bradley. You can look at that situation and say well maybe a different coach wouldn't have fared well but thats not certain, what is certain is the guy they've kept around has sucked for years.

I agree. It's definitely not a black and white situation. I think Fox gets one more season despite his terrible record with the Bears. I do think he is working towards building a 'culture'. Much more then what was going on with Trestman. The Bears are still playing hard and not getting routed by 40 points every week. They are putting together competitive games, just don't have any real talent on the field making a difference.