Barkley feels capable of "a lot more"

Ron Burgundy

Matt Barkley is pleased with the progress he's made in his first four NFL starts, but the young Bears quarterback is confident that he can play even better.

More...

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
is anyone else surprised by this story? i'd figure he feels like he is hardly capable of what he's already done

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How is he gonna get better? He gonna catch his own passes. Take out the drops and there is very little room for improvement.

Ok now you're going a little far. I like him too and I'm intrigued to see if he indeed can develop into a legit starter, but you seem to be describing him already as not only a proven starter but an elite one (saying there's little room for improvement is pretty much he's perfect).

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Barkley has been much better then anybody thought he would be. If he finishes strong i'd feel fairly comfortable going into next season with him as the backup.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Ok now you're going a little far. I like him too and I'm intrigued to see if he indeed can develop into a legit starter, but you seem to be describing him already as not only a proven starter but an elite one (saying there's little room for improvement is pretty much he's perfect).

C,mon I jest. He has 4 games under his belt of coarse he can get better. Sarcasm is hard to do without facial expressions.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Barkley is a backup, period. Stop with this nonsense.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Barkley is a backup, period. Stop with this nonsense.

It's like Connor Shaw looking somewhat decent in pre-season. This is what happens when Jay is your unquestioned starter for a decade. The bar has been set so low that average QB play gets Bears fans excited.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's like Connor Shaw looking somewhat decent in pre-season. This is what happens when Jay is your unquestioned starter for a decade. The bar has been set so low that average QB play gets Bears fans excited.

This shit is about equal to when Hanie played in the NFC champ game. All it takes is for a few loud people to continously sayou how great he played ( despite losing efforts) and sheep follow.

People jay is dead, Hoyer is not a starter, shaw isn't one and fucking Barkley isn't either. I don't care if you want him as a bridge for our future but to pretend he can be a starter is laughable

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that he needs to try and read where the deep safety is as an improvement. He misses high when he misses and that is not a good thing turnover wise.

Washington

Liked Posts:

This right there. Cutty has really hurt the franchise and dumbed down the fan base too.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barkley and Hoyer are back ups. Period. Get over it people.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Barkley and Hoyer are back ups. Period. Get over it people.

Maybe, but there's nothing wrong with riding out this shitshow of a season with Barkley and seeing what he's got. Worst case scenario, we've found ourselves one of the best backups in the league.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This right there. Cutty has really hurt the franchise and dumbed down the fan base too.
Agreed. Half the guys here cant tell what a real QB looks like. Barkley is the real deal and you guys that feel different are wrong. But it's cool. You'll come around. I just hope it's before his 6th or 7th year as a starter here.