I love barkley. Come get some.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the more op posts the less he seems to know about the sport of american football.

that or hes just one of those homers that wants so hard to believe every single move, every single player, will turn out to be magic.

Or he got his football knowledge from Debbie does Dallas.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barkley should be brought back to compete, but you draft guy early

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Barkley had 3 ints today. Credited with 5. The 3 ints that were on Barkley were beautiful reads while under hard pressure. The guy is in his 5th game and were trying to throw it around like a high powered O machine. Every dam throw is longer low% pass. It was a bad game and a bad game plan coming together. I see a smart young QB that will be a very good QB soon. All his problems are that of all young inexperienced QBs. He owns the mental part of being a good QB and with experience the rest will come. Barkley has what it takes to be real real good. All inexperience QBs will have highs and lows. He has to learn to take care of the ball better. He does most everything else well and he is very smart and see's the field well. So I'm not jumping ship over 1 expected off game. I still like what I see overall.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
the more op posts the less he seems to know about the sport of american football.

that or hes just one of those homers that wants so hard to believe every single move, every single player, will turn out to be magic.

My posts are Bears football based and yours are personal attacks. Do you even come here to talk football? If you disagree with me fine. Try to act like a grown up.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My posts are Bears football based and yours are personal attacks. Do you even come here to talk football? If you disagree with me fine. Try to act like a grown up.

Barkley sucks, just deal with it already. News flash for you, the prior two teams he was on have professionals that know football. He will never be a starter n this league, and will always be a meh backup.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Barkley had 3 ints today. Credited with 5. The 3 ints that were on Barkley were beautiful reads while under hard pressure. The guy is in his 5th game and were trying to throw it around like a high powered O machine. Every dam throw is longer low% pass. It was a bad game and a bad game plan coming together. I see a smart young QB that will be a very good QB soon. All his problems are that of all young inexperienced QBs. He owns the mental part of being a good QB and with experience the rest will come. Barkley has what it takes to be real real good. All inexperience QBs will have highs and lows. He has to learn to take care of the ball better. He does most everything else well and he is very smart and see's the field well. So I'm not jumping ship over 1 expected off game. I still like what I see overall.

[video=youtube_share;NmF-6wP2Ze8]https://youtu.be/NmF-6wP2Ze8[/video]

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I still see more good things in Barkley then I have in any Bear QB the last 20 years. He only has one thing that has to be fixed and experience is thy teacher.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still see more good things in Barkley then I have in any Bear QB the last 20 years. He only has one thing that has to be fixed and experience is thy teacher.
If that's your standard, then I have nothing left to say to you.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If that's your standard, then I have nothing left to say to you.

My standard for a inexperience QB thrust into a starting role for a high powered passing attack on a team of backups. Barkley is far from my standard right now. He can and will grow into a standard I like.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Barkley sucks, just deal with it already. News flash for you, the prior two teams he was on have professionals that know football. He will never be a starter n this league, and will always be a meh backup.

He is a starter right now shelly. Don't you get tired of being wrong.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Omelet and Taco both love Barkley. Fuck the rest of ya all

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The end of the first half touchdown was impressive.
A downfield pick route very Patriots-like. Nice call by Loggains.

And Barkley threw a beautiful pass for the score.

But his accuracy is turbulent right now. Overthrow ints Underthrow ints. Yet you can see he has the potential.

He needs either to sit and learn or go trial by fire and take the good with the bad. And sometimes very bad.
The rub comes in how long do you let him go before dubbing him a Cutler who never learned?

Not many people believe Hoyer can do anything but dink dunk and get that occasional mid field throw. Racking up 300 yard games with no scores.
I am not sold on that thought process but at 31 years old he is as good as he's gonna be and won't be around more 4-5 years tops.

Cutler is as good as gone.

And I always support drafting QBs and Linemen. Seeing how awful the DBs are I think CBs are right up there with QBs if just slightly lower.

Were it up to me I'd play Barkley and let Hoyer back him. I would draft whatever QB falls to us in the draft and try hard to get some corner & tackle help thereafter.
If Garoppolo can be had without losing 1st's I'd pull that trigger with Hoyer and Barkley sitting.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with OP. I still have faith that Barkley will mature into a good QB. It may just be wishful thinking since it would drastically speed up the rebuild, but I see flashes of tremendous talent.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is a starter right now shelly. Don't you get tired of being wrong.

Yeah, he is a starter because the Bears have lost a sum total of three QB's this season to injury. He was picked up off the Waiver wire, The Cardinals didn't even think he was worthy of a practice squad position. HIs stat line would scare Freddy Krueger.

Don't you get tired of being a pinhead?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like Barkley. And I've thought all along that we should draft the heir and let them all duke it out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Barkley had 3 ints today. Credited with 5. The 3 ints that were on Barkley were beautiful reads while under hard pressure.

That's insane. One was not all him but he could have had 2 others that were dropped. The deep balls last week that others said were a no call and bad route were not to advantageous spots and 50/50 balls at best. 70/30 may be closer. I like Barkley but his head is making throws that his arm can't. Windows are closing faster than he can get them there. He may figure it out and I don't hate picks as much as most as you need to challenge a D. I don't mind deep picks on 3rd and long or if your QB is just unlucky. You still can't have 1/2 as many as Barkley has under almost any circumstances. His future will depend on how well his head can manage his arm. I've been preaching that he'll have trouble if he gets pressure and needs to arm throws and no one was listening. On the other hand, I still think he has potential and needs play to figure it out. If he ever will, who knows?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The benches around the league are filled with guys like barkley that have some good skills and glaring faults. The same "he could get better with experience" could be said about all the second and third stringers.

The people who are hugging Barkleys nuts here- You realize that rolling ahead with him as the penciled in starter in chicago would be just as asinine as someone wanting to move forward with Kessler, Moore, or Stanton.

Barkley is Brian Hoyer when the game is tight, yet he makes mistakes to let the other team run away with the score... and then people lionize him because he pads his numbers in garbage time.

his 3 "prolific" games were-
Vs. Tennessee, where he couldn't accomplish a thing until the bears were down 27-7 in the 4th.
Vs Green Bay- where 4 consecutive turnovers turned a 10-7 lead in to a 27-10 beat down... and people want to get all squidgy when he makes up ground against one of the lesser defenses in the league trying to burn the clock?
Vs washington. 5 ints.

Looking at the splits, Hoyer is more productive across the board than Barkley is... and I dont hear anyone clamoring for Hoyer 2017.

From their own 1-20 yard line.. Hoyer, 14 of 14 for 197 yards. Barkley, 5 of 11 for 78.
From their own 21-50, Hoyer, 63 of 91 for 772 yards. Barkley, 61 of 95 for 777 yards and 4 ints. (neither one has scored tds from their own side of the field)

Their opponents 49-20, Hoyer, 43 of 66 for 384 and a td. Barkley, 40 of 67 for 533 and 2 tds, 6 ints.
Their opponents red zone, Hoyer 14 of 26 for 5 tds. Barkley, 13 of 29 for 6 tds and 2 ints.

Barkley is what he is- a 3rd string guy forced in to action that is ineffectual in close games for the most part. If you want to say He would make a great project, then lets go look for the even BETTER projects, like getting Flynn back in the league or Nick Foles.
He has done some interesting things when the other team takes their foot off the gas, but that isnt potential. That is entertainment value.