Trade Deadline Talk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hayden is the other center in the system of note.

Smatlz, Hayden, Kero, Kruger.

I don't know why I don't like Kero Ares. I like his spark sometimes...faceoffs..he is young so...I don't know. Nothing really stands out and the offense is bad. The playmaking and faceoffs don't scream at me he is part of a championship formula and I think our lines are too deep for him to retain playing time even if we don't move for a blue chip rental. Ras/Hartman/Desjardins/Hino are going to keep him on the bench.

Smaltz-19-Panik
Pan-AA-88
Hino-Hartman- ? - Hossa
Desjardins-Kruger-Hartman/Ras

I just don't think he makes the 12 in the end anyway, and Hayden might be here soon to give minutes for regular season. Kero doesn't fit long term for me either...and I think he has some value in a package with Darling and picks. Enough to pry Perrault maybe.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In my dreams, always.

Lol I looked it up, FTR he is on the Coyotes.... traded there last year.

Dave Bolland should not be left to die in Arizona.... we should bring him home for another Stanley Cup.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dave Bolland should not be left to die in Arizona.... we should bring him home for another Stanley Cup.

Handzus and Kopecky too?

:dontsay:

:smh:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I swear some reporter recently caught up with him and he said he's been rehabbing in Chicago the whole time. Doubt he ever gets back on the ice, sounds like his back is FUBAR'd.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I swear some reporter recently caught up with him and he said he's been rehabbing in Chicago the whole time. Doubt he ever gets back on the ice, sounds like his back is FUBAR'd.
Can you imagine how good these teams would have been with Bolland and Bickell having no health concerns...

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you imagine how good these teams would have been with Bolland and Bickell having no health concerns...

The ghost of Éric Dazé

eric-daze-of-the-chicago-blackhawks-poses-for-a-portrait-on-september-picture-id1533484

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks have a couple of scouts for the Colorado/TB game tonight. Being that Colorado is one of the few clear cut sellers, have to imagine the Blackhawks will be following them closely.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks have a couple of scouts for the Colorado/TB game tonight. Being that Colorado is one of the few clear cut sellers, have to imagine the Blackhawks will be following them closely.

I wouldnt mind Boyle from TB. Good on FOs and a good depth player for the boytom 6

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not worried about the depth. There has not been a playoffs we didn't step up so why would I expect one? Do we have enough to win? We are close...and anything can happen. A couple of the teams we match up pourly with...the Capitals and Sharks...who knows if we ever play.

I would welcome and have been hoping for series with the Penguins...so if they went to ice the Caps and Jackets for us I'll accept a scoring challenge against their goaltending/defense anytime. Toews shuts Crosby down...Keith shuts Malkin down...and they got Kessler going up against the shutdown line of the decade in Desjardins-Kruger. They are top heavy like us...and I think our heart and goaltending are just a bit deeper. I'd love the chance to prove it.

The Hawks will be remembered for the # of cups they won in a stacked golden era of hockey where they had to deal with the fading great Detroit at the beginning, the Penguins, the Bruins near dynasty, the Kings near dynasty...and all these teams that tried to beat them up like Vancuuver, Anaheim, Blues over the years.

And they have stuck around in the most grueling and difficult sport to get a single chip because of the odds of being healthy come time.

I got distracted, I will restart with what I meant to say. I just get lost slurping this team sometimes...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt mind Boyle from TB. Good on FOs and a good depth player for the boytom 6

Boyle would be a nice fit...probably upgrade the Rasmussen enforcer slot, or replace Desjardins role. But a real goon nobody wants to mess with rather than frat boy Hartman doing the dirty work.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no concerns about depth. I think we can slot a quality forward down to about 16 or 17 deep for the bottom 6. Panik has risen to take over 1RW, and Hossa can be slotted up anytime. And defense is 8 deep with viable options for the first time Bowman remembers in a while. True.

But in both cases the depth just isn't there. Shaw-Vermette-Teuvo is where we used to be on the third. We don't have that. But Hartman-Hayden-Hossa.... how good is Hayden? Where to put Hino?

The depth is just a year or two young from mature. It isn't ripe. We are a professional or two short at 1LW and 3C.

How good is Hayden is the only question on my mind. But Kero is just good enough we shouldn't trade the future, imo. Just barely. Stand pat. Let Hossa play with Toews/Panik when we need it.

Like Ares said...it feels like Q saw a few lines he is holding in reserve.

Come playoff desperation here are a few of the dominant lines Q quickly hid from view.

Hartman-Hino-Hossa

Panarin-Toews-Kane

Panarin-AA-Hossa
Kane-Toews-Panik
Hino-Toews-Hossa (if Hayden is a top 6 center you can pair him to Panik/Hartman and they can roll.

Even Desjardins-Kruger plus 1 seems to have been split up much of the season.

The Hawks are going to be a total bitch to eliminate if Crow plays his best game period. We have always shown the ability to shut down games at will...and always shown the ability to be much more likely to net the overtime goal than the other guy. We tire you out...until you cannot skate any longer.

I mean fuck..despite all our skill and top heavy stars has not our best move been to beat you in double overtime when you can't skate anymore? lol

And that move we can do!! why? Well...because instead of some goon and Rozy on the bench this year we could actually have young bottom 6 ready players and keep a fresh rotation and throw bodies at people for the length of a series.

Ras/Forsling/Desjardins/Hino/Hayden/Kero/Rozi/TVR/Kemny are all competing for just a couple of roles.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So bottom line...don't read my drivel above.

Tough to make a move when Hayden/Shalnouv could be the boost we need.

Shalnouv is something of a real deal. .75 points per game, first all-star game. Might project to .5 points per game here as a 3RW and slide Hossa up into the top 6 mix. Or put him with the Russians and free Kane for that first line.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bring back the Hobgoblin.

Shalunov is the new Hobgoblin.

I thought Hobgoblin was a nice 4RW for Desjardins-Kruger but he didn't fit too well with them, was kinda rogue...would spring up sprint down and take himself off the ice in 15 second shifts. Was a "cool" guy among the squad without earning it....had to go for that reason which drew the Q ire and those flowing locks coudn't get him out that dog house. ??

His game was nifty, good two way intelligence...I thought his possession ability was unique for a 4th liner, but then Hino came.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone had mentioned Boyle, I'm not going to search for it. But I think looking at the #'s that is one of the best moves available.

Improve defense by adding a physical checking forward at 2,000,000 cap hit. We can do that. Cost probably not terrible. He fits Tampa the same reasons he fits the Hawks and would be used to the speed around him and filling in his role. We could use a Boyle.

Q could then continue to try the Kruger/Hossa pairing if he wanted, and form a checking line around Boyle, or he could go Boyle-Hossa which I think could be lethal. You might want to give them Hino's wheels which would be 3 guys with a centers sensibility on 1 line, but who knows...that would be fun. And leave a

Des/Ras-Kruger-Hartman option.

We have to decide whose offense we are going to screw at some point...

Hartman Hino or Hossa....and I swear the answer is just to play them all together. Then go Des-Kruger-Ras in the playoffs. Whatever, it will get sorted out.

Smaltz-Toews-Panik
superPAK
Hino-Kruger-Hossa
Hartman-Boyle-Des/Ras

So while I like the Boyle move....I'm not sure another Kruger...another checking line makes this team better if we go away from the Hartman-Hino-Hossa line. I think they are all too offensively gifted (Hartman just barely) but its true...you shouldn't screw any of those 3 on the checking line with Kruger.

Its Desjardins-Kruger-Ras also....that makes a reliable veteran and physical fit.

The only reason is to keep Kruger on the 3C line, to maybe get Desjardins off the ice if he can't find his game, but you end up putting Hino or Hartman on the checking line with Boyle.

We are better off with Kero/Hayden duking it out down the home stretch to see who can form some offensive chemistry with Hossa best.

If Hossa is going to be a third liner, we better do everything we can to make that a winning line. If we wanted to go all in we look pretty nasty now.

Smaltz-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Duchene-Hayden/Kero/Hino/Kruger-Hossa
Des/Ras/Hino/Hartman-Kruger/Boyle/Hayden/Kero/Hino-Hartman/Hino/

I love that you can just put Hino anywhere like with Teuvo and he has some skill that makes it work. Energy, center, offense, forecheck...lol...he makes everything we try work basically. Has shown mega chemistry with Hossa. And Hartman has as well whether on the first or the third line.

I think we can just stay pat. Maybe barter a McNeil/Baun/Tuilila/Dahlstrom/Svedstein deal with Vegas or something....send them an edible trash package. Nothing crazy...just a better deal for them then taking on Krugers contract or TVR as a top 4 guy.

They might be considering those things...but I think they would be on the fence about it where we can bribe them with some old first round trash not working out in our system, a developing defender or two from our plethora, and help stock up their farm teams and foreign talent a bit.

Even Shalanouv may be the prospect that they would take and get over the edge...

The Blackhawks should only do that if Shalanouv isn't a viable top 6 guy. If Hayden were top 6, and Shalanouv was nearly that quality....this would be us next year.

A stronger Smaltz-Toews-Panik (with extended chemistry)
Panarin-AA-Shalanouv If this line can win their shifts decisivly, do you know what it means? lol!!!!!!!!!!! It means death to all.
(Shal is a specifically right wing only which makes it tempting to have a Soviet line, at 24 you can plug him in)
Hossa-Hayden/Hino-Kane
Hartman-Kruger-Hino/Motte/Forslin

I mean thats why its like fuck it. Vegas would help us by taking Kruger, because we could have Hayden and Hino centering 3rd and 4th lines that can score. With Hayden maybe being more the new Kruger. That holds true whether Shalanouv can play in the bottom 6 or not at all.

Of course, keeping Kruger/Hayden allows Hino to be an even bigger asset on the wing. I believe we are fine no matter what we do.

I'm just not sure who we can trade for that makes us any better?

I think they fear what happened last year, with Weise-Fleshman not fitting into the system right away, and it slowing us down and making us lethargic, rather than let the players who are comfortable with their responsibilities and just trust the system to do its thing.

Thats where adding a Boyle is dangerous.

I'm excited about Hayden...but realize that is probably optimistic.

I think there is a good chance he is the best 3C very soon, but maybe not this playoffs. Or that he is more of a future Kruger guy, than an offensive force 3C.

And it maybe be he is too slow and another Baun/Hayden.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Christ, Rask, where do you find the time to write this soliloquy of yours?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Woooo redwings firesle we got Jurco... not the fat football ESPN one, but the super stick skilled but never put it all together on the ice Tomas Jurco for a 3rd.

Also Ducks traded a Conditional 2nd for Eaves. Stars and Wings are letting loose

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk