Polian on the cost of JG today

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I have been talking about all along, that your example contract is not that off a contract that would be called a 35 mil guaranteed contract. At a minimum it would be called a 42 mil guaranteed contract, and most likely a 50 mil guaranteed contract.

When I brought this up way back when in post 296, I had said it would be in JG's best interest to play under the tag (25mil) rather that to play under any contract that was less than 40 mill guaranteed. Your whole original intent was to disprove that, to which you failed miserably. The contract you tried to use as an example of a contract that would be better for him was an abortion, and even then it didn't fit into the conditions (under 40 mil guaranteed) that it was supposed to.

Rather than admit you were wrong, you felt the need to go off on another Remy tangent to somehow try to find a loop hole into just exactly what could or could not be considered guaranteed money in a NFL contract.

And what you are failing to understand is that it is 35 million guaranteed because I said the base salary is non-guaranteed. It's right there in the post you keep quoting.

remydat said:
Your logic here is flawed. 35 million over 5 years is 7 million a year. If that is all SB then it is likely the earliest they would even think about cutting him is after year 3. So let's say his base non guaranteed salaries over the first 3 years are 7, 8, 9 million per year. That's another 24 million that technically isn't guaranteed that he is almost certain to be paid because they can't cut him those first 3 years without taking a massive cap hit. We see this all the time with contracts.

So fundamentally, no it doesn't have to at least be 40 million guaranteed.

You asked me for an example and I gave you one. I literally told you that the base salary is non guaranteed. The only time base salaries should be counted as guaranteed is if the contract says they are and since you asked me to provide a contract, it is my right to tell you whether the base salary was guaranteed or not and I specifically told you it wasn't.

I did this to point out why just looking at guaranteed money doesn't tell the whole picture. There are contracts out there like Rodgers where he will almost certainly receive non guaranteed base salaries even if he were to suck balls because the signing bonus means you can't cut him early in the contract. So to your original point. No JG doesn't need a contract that guarantees 40 million. He needs a contract in which the money he is actually likely to receive makes the contract worthwhile for him.

You gave me the choice and I chose an option allowed within the CBA. Sorry! Next time think through things before leaving it up to me to choose but you can't rewrite my choice now just because it disproves your point.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Holy fucking shit this thread sucks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The key is to keep Remy tied up completely fucking a thread to hell so that the rest of the forum threads stay clean. There is a secret group of us that take turns doing the dirty work. Can you guess who that is in this thread?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
53224754.jpg