Prospect News and Rumors

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Walter Cherepinsky‏ @walterfootball

Breaking news by @DraftCampbell: Browns and Jets talking NFL Draft trade. Browns trying to move from 12 to 6 -

There's no doubt in my mind that if they do that, it's to target Trubisky. They might know Pace wants Watson and that the Jags and Titans aren't in the QB market early.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
There's no doubt in my mind that if they do that, it's to target Trubisky. They might know Pace wants Watson and that the Jags and Titans aren't in the QB market early.

There's no chance they do the trade before draft day, to many ?? In this years draft

baredown

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport‏
Verified account
@RapSheet
Following

More
#Browns EVP Sashi Brown says they received calls for No. 1 but “feel really good about pick at 1.” One team called about trading up for a QB

Its nonsense like this that causes me to term the lead-up period to the draft "the stupid season". Anyone who believes that another team would call up the Browns about their #1 pick, and disclose who/what they were interested in drafting, simply doesn't have the brains of a sponge...

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
There was plenty of truth to all of the rumors that the rams would trade up for Goff. And they did. No way Philly then trades for 2 for Wentz without knowing who the rams wanted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Christian McCaffrey - RB - Cardinal
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline hears that Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey may be declining private workout attempts because "he has received a draft guarantee from a team presently selecting in the teens."
It was reported on Sunday by Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio that McCaffrey has turned down all private workout requests. Pauline writes that "[t]he story circulating from insiders" is that the 6-foot, 202-pounder may have already received assurances of a sturdy, mid-first round selection. The Saints (11), Browns (12), Eagles (14) and Colts (15) are among the teams drafting in the teens who could use a running back.

Check this video out (can't figure out how to post the image)

https://instagram.com/p/BTE-hggDCXL/

The kid looks fast...would be a good asset if we didn't have so many other more important holes to fill..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ruben Foster just got caught giving a diluted sample at the combine and is being treated as a dirty sample

Would you pick him at 36?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ruben Foster just got caught giving a diluted sample at the combine and is being treated as a dirty sample

I also read that he might need another surgery.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Foster - what are you doing man?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I would, but Pace wont.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

More worried about the injury issue.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Foster - what are you doing man?

Well...........he's got one week to add a DUI and weapons charge along with punching that Nun on the security camera.......?! Then we draft him at 36!

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:

yes,without a doubt.

Foster is a killer with a bad attitude,and that is exactly what this bears defense needs....killers

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
yes,without a doubt.

Foster is a killer with a bad attitude,and that is exactly what this bears defense needs....killers

I don't really care about the "combine altercation" bullshit or the dilluted sample....but its been rumored he's not good with X's and O's and his IQ may be lacking. Terrible trait for anyone, especially an ILB. The rotator cuff injuries are also major concerns. I think there's too many question marks/red flags to even take him at 36. There will be a ton of really good prospects still available.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The diluted sample would be the least of my concerns about Foster. Injury status and IQ however, are very concerning.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Malik McDowell - DL - Spartans
CBS Sports' Rob Rang relays that "multiple scouts" were disappointed in the interviews of Michigan State DL Malik McDowell at the Combine.
We have heard this refrain before. One scout told Rang that McDowell's interviews were "far from ideal," which is relatively tame language compared to the "awful interview" and "worst interview we did" quotes which were rolling in from evaluators after festivities in Indianapolis concluded. Despite his widely-panned interviews, the 6-foot-7, 290-pounder has enough athletic potential that a team could take a leap with him as early as the back-half of Round 1. A Round 2 selection is probably more likely.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Tar Heels
Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson has heard from "adamant" evaluators over the last week that the Browns, 49ers, Bears and Bills are targeting UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky.
These are all usual suspects when it comes to Trubisky. Breaking them down, we would be surprised to see Trubisky at No. 1 to Cleveland, but No. 2 to the 49ers wouldn't completely shock -- though San Francisco is reportedly looking to trade down from No. 2. There has been less talk of Trubisky to the Bears and considerably more about Deshaun Watson to the Bills. Expect to hear plenty more adamant evaluators over the next week. Then, showtime.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Tar Heels
An NFC general manager told WalterFootball's Charlie Campbell that the San Francisco 49ers are "desperate to trade down."
The GM further insinuated that there is indecision within San Francisco's organization as to who they would take, if stuck in the slot, after Cleveland presumably tabs Texas A&M's Myles Garrett with the No. 1 pick. New 49ers GM John Lynch previously stated, with regards to the No. 2 pick, that he is "open for business." Walter Football hears that some around the league believe San Francisco will take North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky if they are stuck at No. 2. Another widely-discussed scenario has the 49ers taking LSU RB Leonard Fournette.