Prospect News and Rumors

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on what? Both have good size, athleticism, mechanics, excelled in college, were prolific passers with good arms. How does that equal 2nd round talent?

Based on the lack of any consensus by anyone that is an "expert" or talks to GM 's around the league.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I just really believe that pace is going to pick a QB at 3,he has tried to trade up and get Mariota and Wentz his first two years at the helm and he is in a perfect spot at 3 to grab his guy.

You can tell by his draft history that he goes all in for the top rated QB's but wasn't in the position to pull it off.Now that he has the third pick he IS going to get his guy.It should be telling that Pace,Fox,Loggins and members of the staff were at Clemsons pro day.

When the Bears draft Watson I'll be 100x more excited as to when they traded for cutler.Plus,fans would be flocking into Soldier Field wanting to get a glimpse of the man that will be the City's next superstar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I just really believe that pace is going to pick a QB at 3,he has tried to trade up and get Mariota and Wentz his first two years at the helm and he is in a perfect spot at 3 to grab his guy.

You can tell by his draft history that he goes all in for the top rated QB's but wasn't in the position to pull it off.Now that he has the third pick he IS going to get his guy.It should be telling that Pace,Fox,Loggins and members of the staff were at Clemsons pro day.

When the Bears draft Watson I'll be 100x more excited as to when they traded for cutler.Plus,fans would be flocking into Soldier Field wanting to get a glimpse of the man that will be the City's next superstar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope you are right. That would be the ideal draft day. It would be nice to have something to be excited about.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I really hope you are right. That would be the ideal draft day. It would be nice to have something to be excited about.

That's what I mean,man......excitement!When was the last time any Bears fan was excited about anything,this team has been a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

To bring an electric athlete in as the face of your franchise to excite fans and players alike,this ream could turn it around FAST!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There must be 2 dozen posters on here who can't imagine any scenario where Pace does anything but draft a QB at #3. They are "sure"...they have a feeling. Its the only thing that makes sense of Pace.

Lol

Draft day is going to be really fun even if we draft a good player.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Based on the lack of any consensus by anyone that is an "expert" or talks to GM 's around the league.

Consensus? Overrated. Alex Smith was the consensus pick over Rodgers. Everyone was the pick over Wilson, Carr, Prescott, and on and on. These guys are making educated guesses just like you and I are. If they weren't there would be no 2nd, 3rd round QB's, just 1st rounders and UDFAs.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Taco Charlton reminds me of Aldon Smith. Testing numbers bot off the charts but also not representative of how he moves on the field. Great length and uses it to his advantage. He is still very raw which can be interpreted as a plus or a minus. I honestly haven't seen enough of him to place him but I like what I have seen.

Charlton had the best pass rushing productivity of any player in the country in creating pressure in 2.5 seconds or less.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-daily-lessons-learned-from-pff-draft-pass/

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's what I mean,man......excitement!When was the last time any Bears fan was excited about anything,this team has been a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

To bring an electric athlete in as the face of your franchise to excite fans and players alike,this ream could turn it around FAST!

The only 2 players i can think of that felt like were going to bring excitement to this team in the draft were Urlacher and Hester for me.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You might as well get used to it cause it's looking like we bringing in one of those type of qbs. We are pretty much building this team like the jets have and we are similarly failing like them

So the Bears are like the Jets in that they've over drafted Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith because they were desperate for a QB?

Bestow upon us more of your NFL wisdom.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
CB Tez Tabor from Florida ran 4.75 in his Pro Day 40 after running 4.68 at the combine.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
CB Tez Tabor from Florida ran 4.75 in his Pro Day 40 after running 4.68 at the combine.

Ouch. Desmond King ran a 4.52 and 4.55 at Iowa's Pro Day yesterday. Very solid 40 time for him.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Ouch. Desmond King ran a 4.52 and 4.55 at Iowa's Pro Day yesterday. Very solid 40 time for him.

King is a very under rated prospect. He seems to have gotten lost in this ridiculous DB class, by he's going to be a very good player at nickel or safety.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Bad. Not long ago people were talking about him as a top 10 pick and #1 corner in this draft. He may fall to the 3rd day at this point.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Doubt that. Some players just don't time we'll. He's still a very good football player that plays faster than he times out. Teams will just DBL check the tape and verify he plays faster. Day three is a stretch.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Bad. Not long ago people were talking about him as a top 10 pick and #1 corner in this draft. He may fall to the 3rd day at this point.

He probably was the best CB in this draft, but it sounds like he's not working out and staying in shape. There is no room for the lazy in the NFL. You're considered a grown man now so it's up to the player to stay in shape.

By all accounts he was huffing and puffing which to me says he's not working out.

On the flip side this is a classic Bill Belichik mid round steal type of prospect that he grabs in round four and then puts in a locker room full of hard working veterans who square him away or he's only out of a fourth round pick.

Think of this on the same level as Vontaze Burfict when ran 5.1 40 yard dash times and then two years later he led the league in tackles​ and went to the Pro Bowl. Certain guys you see them on film as first round talent and then when they have a bad combine and Pro Day everyone panics.

AussieBear

The only 2 players i can think of that felt like were going to bring excitement to this team in the draft were Urlacher and Hester for me.

i was excited about both too..

i thought lurch may have been a flop after losing his job to colvin... good thang minter got hurt or maybe there wouldnt have been urlacher as we know it

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Doubt that. Some players just don't time we'll. He's still a very good football player that plays faster than he times out. Teams will just DBL check the tape and verify he plays faster. Day three is a stretch.

In a normal class I would agree with you, but this class is STACKED. I think he could easily end up falling into the 4th.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
In a normal class I would agree with you, but this class is STACKED. I think he could easily end up falling into the 4th.

Definitely a stacked class but I'd still rank him in the 2nd tier group. I say that because I can't think of one single highly/fairly highly rated prospect who suffered a massive slide based solely on their 40 time. Medical, or off the field stuff, absolutely but not the 40 going off of memory.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
King is a very under rated prospect. He seems to have gotten lost in this ridiculous DB class, by he's going to be a very good player at nickel or safety.

He used to be, at the start of the season, a 1st rounder. He didn't have the year he did in 2015, but he still had a damn good year, teams just didn't throw his way so no picks. I also think the position change from CB to S is probably taking away from his hype. If he falls to the 3, which I could see, he will be an absolute steal.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deshaun Watson - QB - Tigers

In his second set of positional rankings during the evaluating process, NFL Media's Bucky Brooks tagged Clemson QB Deshaun Watson as the No. 1 quarterback in this class.

DeShone Kizer stood atop Brooks' first rankings release, but ceded top-shelf billing to Watson this time around. Those two gunslingers are followed up (in order) by UNC's Mitchell Trubisky, Texas Tech's Pat Mahomes and Cal's Davis Webb. No surprises, there. These five are viewed universally as the five best quarterbacking prospects in this class, with the order varying depending on which outlet and analyst is your cup of tea. While it is unlikely that all five are drafted in the first round, such a circumstance is not impossible. Watson, Kizer and Trubisky are strong bets for Day 1 selections and both Mahomes and Webb have enough developmental intrigue about them that they could see love in the final ten picks of the first round. Stay tuned. Less than a month to go, friends.

Source: NFL.com