Impact of horrible FA on draft

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
So this has been a terrible day. I don't know how even the biggest Pace fan can call this any other way. We'll leave the main FA thread as a repository for the well-deserved abuse and look for a second to the draft.

Right now I think they're looking at a whole lot of empty seats next season. My question is really whether you you think this plays any part in what they do at #3? Pace has been a firm BPA come draft time but surely this historic shitting of the bed must have some impact. Three of four possible scenarios I can think of...

1) They draft Watson or Trubisky to try and give the franchise some hope
2) They draft Jonathan Allen, the fan base gives a collective shrug and we move on
3) They trade down because they have so many holes still to fill and try to get three or four day 1 starters
4) They go Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker and gives the D a visible leader and playmaker

I would argue that scenario 2 where we get a solid addition in the trenches just got less likely. What do you all think? Or is I too too soon for this?

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is dumb as a godamn rock. If they compound this fucking miserable F.A. Period by drafting Trubisky in the first...we will have successfully regressed from what was already the worst head coach and GM in Bears history.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I would far rather have Watson. This is the pick that has the greatest chance of offering some hope to fans as we go into what could be a clusterfuck of a 2017. Obviously he is unlikely to play in the first half of the season but I think people would turn out to see him at least!

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
At this point, I'm hoping for the Bears plane to crash on the way to a preseason game. I'd bet we'd get a gang of free draft picks and maybe even some F.A. sympathy.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Bears got a good price on an old Greyhound bus last week. Planes are too expensive.